Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

You will have proof of the IRA funding buckets?

The abuse of Mark Walters was shocking.

The Irish Rebel band never filmed a song at Celtic Park, some nice editing was done.

Trashing of Amsterdam ffs.

Wreckage of Fir park ffs.

You will have the evidence of the Lee Rigby songs?

by askingthese questions and your one feeble attempt at an answer regarding the video you have proved my point spectaculalrly .

You know Spencer was not a Catholic.

How many football managers get jobs on boards?

You will have proof of the IRA funding buckets?

The abuse of Mark Walters was shocking.

The Irish Rebel band never filmed a song at Celtic Park, some nice editing was done.

Trashing of Amsterdam ffs.

Wreckage of Fir park ffs.

You will have the evidence of the Lee Rigby songs?

your fans discussing it on a forum enough proof

1074717_604297339601844_1170370337_o.jpg

by askingthese questions and your one feeble attempt at an answer regarding the video you have proved my point spectaculalrly .

Except apart from the song these are actions of the fans. I hadn't heard the song was edited, be interesting to know if that's true. If not clonmel bhoy must hang his head in shame for denying a song was sung as this is obviously just as bad (if not worse) than anything rangers ever did.

HE has a valid point though, you are directly attacking posters on here because they were fans of Rangers (a football club) during times when 'supposed' policies were in place, your own club had a policy of ignoring the worst type of thuggery in Scottish Football and not as AB stated 'a few idiots', this was highly organised thuggery, yet you continued to support them financially, you are by your own argument every bit as bad, in fact worse as you were condoning actual violence.

Sectarianism was far more widespread and far more tolerated in the decades that people are referring to than it is now, so applying today's morals to yesterdays reality is nothing more than pathetic point scoring, I prefer to look back and say thank fcuk we have moved on from that sorry episode in Scotland`s past, not denying however there are a few idiots who prefer to hold onto the past, this thread (and others) have had recent demonstrations of that.

Ok sectarian signing policy aside and sidestepping the "made up sheep-shagging violence policy thread for this pish" argument.

Are there no other actions of your old and new clubs that you find morally reprehensible and would be a red-line for most decent people? You little collaborator you.

Except apart from the song these are actions of the fans. I hadn't heard the song was edited, be interesting to know if that's true. If not clonmel bhoy must hang his head in shame for denying a song was sung as this is obviously just as bad (if not worse) than anything rangers ever did.

sorry did you not stat earlier that Stein was not given the job due to his religion? I think you will find that is a club matter.

also the last few pages have been full of accusations against rangers club and fans in seperate incidents

My point here is a celtic fan taking the moral high ground over any controversial stances or certain fans behaviour throughout the years is laughable to be honest

sorry did you not stat earlier that Stein was not given the job due to his religion? I think you will find that is a club matter.

So? It's clear from his post he doesn't think JS deserved a boards seat so it's hardly surprising he isn't ashamed he didn't get one. I asked you to show that denial was common and popular, are you any further on with that? There is a difference between the sevco fans closing ranks and claiming "the club did nothing wrong" and a single poster saying he didn't think JS deserved a board seat.

also the last few pages have been full of accusations against rangers club and fans in seperate incidents

My point here is a celtic fan taking the moral high ground over any controversial stances or certain fans behaviour throughout the years is laughable to be honest

Fair enough. Not going to argue with that. Although I think celtic may be on slightly higher ground it's difficult to tell because from where I stand you both look the same.

ETA Remember this started out as why OF fans should be ashamed. Your whataboutery is misplaced.

Edited by aofjays

So? It's clear from his post he doesn't think JS deserved a boards seat so it's hardly surprising he isn't ashamed he didn't get one. I asked you to show that denial was common and popular, are you any further on with that? There is a difference between the sevco fans closing ranks and claiming "the club did nothing wrong" and a single poster saying he didn't think JS deserved a board seat.

your reply is so? :lol: so the fact celtic made an appointment on wether someone should be on their board based on his religion is not important yet you have spent the last 5 or so pages lambasting rangers for a similar policy operated within the club? I have yet to see a rangers fan say the club did nothing wrong on this debate about the policy? so the man who led the club through their greatest era did not deserve a not exuctive footballing role on the board ?

Welcome to the "Big Rangers Whataboutery Thread"

I just did a search to see if there was a handy image to sum up whataboutery. First line of results - a picture of Rangers and Celtic fans. Little further down - more Celtic fans, more Rangers fans and Ally McCoist

Google really does nail it sometimes

Can you hear me up there on your moral high ground? DO I HAVE TO SHOUT?

You may be able to turn your own sense of right and wrong off like a light switch, but most decent folk can't. They are able to draw a line between the money they pay to watch the football and the people that money then goes to and make a choice. You made yours, that's fine but you can't preach from on high when the thing you gave all your money to committed the biggest disgrace in the history of Scottish sport, among a many other crimes. I think I read somewhere they nabbed a fair bit of your own money too?

It's amazing how poorly this institution, who you support so vigorously has treated you. Makes the "it's only football" argument pretty weak when Charles Green et al is pissing your money up a wall and laughing in the face of you and all of your deluded, hear no evil, see no evil inadequates You're like battered wives so you are.

If you weren't such an arse I'd feel sorry for you.

I would describe an inadequate as someone who tries to compare a football club to those poor souls that had to wear a yellow star, that's how much of an inadequate you are, son.

your reply is so? :lol: so the fact celtic made an appointment on wether someone should be on their board based on his religion is not important yet you have spent the last 5 or so pages lambasting rangers for a similar policy operated within the club? I have yet to see a rangers fan say the club did nothing wrong on this debate about the policy? so the man who led the club through their greatest era did not deserve a not exuctive footballing role on the board ?

I think he did, Clonmel bhoy for reasonable reasons doesn't agree. As DhenBhoy says I only suspect that's why he didn't get a seat, I have no proof. You denied rangers had such a policy when I provided proof but find it exceptional Clonmel bhoy would do similar when there really is no proof? Come on.

I think he did, Clonmel bhoy for reasonable reasons doesn't agree. As DhenBhoy says I only suspect that's why he didn't get a seat, I have no proof. You denied rangers had such a policy when I provided proof but find it exceptional Clonmel bhoy would do similar when there really is no proof? Come on.

you never provided proof of the policy , you provided statements which showed an unwritten rule existed . people have always stated this unwritten policy was wrong and infact cost us , but their was also rumours of an unwritten policy existing at celtic, infact after managing celtic reserves early in his management career, Stein himself doubted he would make it as a top team manager at parkhead as a non catholic manager had never been appointed by the club at that point. As tedi has said at these times this sort of thing was deemed more accpetable for right or wrong you cant change the past. thankfully both clubs have moved on

I would describe an inadequate as someone who tries to compare a football club to those poor souls that had to wear a yellow star, that's how much of an inadequate you are, son.

You could describe a dodering old fool in denial as a fine upstanding gentleman but it doesn't make it so. You think giving money to sectarian organisations is fine and dandy so you'll forgive me if I disregard anything you say as senile.

you never provided proof of the policy , you provided statements which showed an unwritten rule existed . people have always stated this unwritten policy was wrong and infact cost us , but their was also rumours of an unwritten policy existing at celtic, infact after managing celtic reserves early in his management career, Stein himself doubted he would make it as a top team manager at parkhead as a non catholic manager had never been appointed by the club at that point. As tedi has said at these times this sort of thing was deemed more accpetable for right or wrong you cant change the past. thankfully both clubs have moved on

Still struggling with your definition of policy I'm afraid. You see I think a policy is a statement of intent, and is implemented as a procedure or protocol. I know of no requirement that it be written down. It's my policy to avoid drunks signing old firm songs but I certainly haven't written it down anywhere. Do you think I should?

Many Rangers and Celtic fans support their club for one reason only, to watch both teams play football for their enjoyment, irrespective of the baggage that both clubs carry.

Yes Youngsy, that's precisely the point.

Many of the rest of us would struggle with that.

Oh no, you misunderstand, son. I was comparing your clubs action to those of the bad guys in this analogy, not the victims. Unusual for you mob to play the part of the wronged though, not seen that well thumbed card appear out of the deck recently.