Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Lloyds Bank were the catalysts for this mess imo.

It wasn't Lloyds but Halifax/Bank of Scotland who lent irresponsibly to Rangers, as well as many other borrowers.

Whether HBOS or Rangers (or both) are to blame for the unsustainable debt is a matter for debate.

What is not debatable is that HBOS almost went bust and had to be rescued, and that the Rangers debt was just a small part of the mess Lloyds had to clear up.

Why do you imagine that Lloyds should have treated Rangers any differently from any of the other thousands of dodgy borrowers they'd inherited?

Actually the suggestion that Lloyds were to blame is not too far wide of the mark.

Lloyds put a representative on the Borad of Rangers. Now the Board of any company has a duty to that company. In fact the Lloyds member on the Board at Ibrox had a clear conflict of interest becuase it was his remit to see that Lloyds loan was repaid.

He was not a Board member of Lloyds but an employee. As a Board member of Rangers he should have been putting the interests of Rangers first.

Actually the suggestion that Lloyds were to blame is not too far wide of the mark.

Lloyds put a representative on the Borad of Rangers. Now the Board of any company has a duty to that company. In fact the Lloyds member on the Board at Ibrox had a clear conflict of interest becuase it was his remit to see that Lloyds loan was repaid.

He was not a Board member of Lloyds but an employee. As a Board member of Rangers he should have been putting the interests of Rangers first.

Was it not in rangers best interests to pay their debts and be run in a sustainable manner?

Not that it matters, they're dead.

Whilst I agree with you that Wallace and Nash going, should be enough to get the SFA's ears flapping, the deal anounced to the Stock Exchange is that the two guys Ashley nominates are for the Ltd Co (TRFCL), not the PLC.

Sooooo.... do the SFA have anything to hang a grievence on? (I'm not sure).

As for bullying..... Oh my giddy aunt :)

Maybe he's got a "sink us and we'll sink you" line of T-shirts to be flogged.

Yours

aDONis

Edited by aDONisSheep

What I do not get is Ashley's aggressive stance in all of this which does nothing but alienate the fan base, lets face it, the fans could be easily placated if Ashley solicited an alliance with a 'Rangers' man, there are plenty to choose from after all and none of them have been openly hostile to Mike, instead we have this hostile bullying figure threatening legal action to anyone standing in his way, it all seems so unnecessary.

Ashley is a business man.

The Rangers men who have expressed an interest have absolutely no interest in running Rangers as a business.

That to me is why he hasn't taken the approach you mention above.

What a midden of a club.

Why do Rangers many fans allows themselves to be rogered again and again by a whole succession of dodgy businessmen? Surely, in terms of numbers, The Rangers must be well placed for a fan buyout?

If SevcoRangers limp on like this with loan after loan and then scrape into the Premiership it'll be a travesty. So much for the SFA acting on all the past madness of several clubs including my own.

I do not agree, every single one of the Rangers men have publicly stated that they want to run Rangers in a sustainable way, ignoring this fact does not strengthen your argument, it weakens it.

You have to be pragmatic in business, like any business you need to please the customer base in order for them to spend money, Green may have been a spiv but he understood this principle extremely well, nobody can argue that he achieved his business aims, Mike is heading in the opposite direction, he is hardly maximising his revenue streams.

King and the like Do not want to run Rangers in a sustainable way, they want to "invest" a lot of cash that will see little return other than in on field success, even if it means the company runs at a loss on a permanent basis and has to be backed up by regular contributions from the shareholders. King has stated that explicitly in the past.

Ashley will want to make as much money as he can without spending a single penny more than he has to. That is not compatible with the views of any of the Rangers men who have shown an interest in running the club.

To say the fans had no opportunity to buy the club is a nonsense.

Charlie Chuckles wasn't even around at the outset. His was an eleventh hour bid, when it turned out that Bill Miller, Bill Ng and the Blue Knights either shat it, or didn't have a pot to pyss in.

Fans of the old club didn't really bother to rouse themselves constructively, they spent too much of their time focussed on 'enemies'.

Yours

aDONis

Edited by aDONisSheep

AFAIK Donald Muir wasn't an employee of Lloyds either, but no matter.

He had to ensure that Rangers were in a position to repay Lloyds. Doing so - by applying sound business principles and eliminating profilgate expenditure - was assuredly in the interests of the company (Rangers) . If the other directors (before and since) had done the same, then none of this fiasco would have happened.

He has said no such thing.

http://news.stv.tv/west-central/106990-ex-rangers-director-king-claims-newco-club-will-not-make-profit/

Mr King added: "I think [Charles Green] is going to try to run the club to make a profit. I don’t believe that’s possible. I believe for Rangers to be the Rangers that we all want them to be, it requires investors who are willing to subsidise losses for a number of years. I don’t believe you can do that on a commercial basis."

After meeting Mr Green at Ibrox on Tuesday, the chief executive of Johannesburg investment firm Micromega Holdings said he felt the newco regime would have to "aggressively cut costs" to make a profit. He also stated that he did not feel it would be "in anyway possible" for a strong Rangers to emerge from a business model dependant on making profit.

Edited by Ross.

A 2million pound loan against the albion car park and edminston house. Why would the board accept this when they are skint and have no chance of paying back. I`m pretty sure the value of the land will be worth more than 2mil.

Rangers are getting rogered all over the place is very amusing.

Its nothing more than they deserve to be honest. Also the fans could have prevented all this with boycotts and protests but they WALKED AWAY from helping there club.

"My assessment is that the business is not commercially sustainable in the short term,"

"It is correct that any club must, over the long term, operate within its means"

His idea of the club operating within it's means is through benefactors. He wants people to write off a lot of money in the short term to bring it up to the standard needed to challenge for the SPL, and then write off in the long term whatever is required to keep them there.

In any other business, operating within your means equates to something very different to what King proposes.

Andy Devlin ‏@AndyDev28 2m2 minutes ago

BREAKING: Sandy Easdale due at Ibrox shortly for crunch talks with Ally McCoist. The Rangers boss could be hours from the sack.

Thats 1 way to get the fans thinking of something else.

That could be a good move for Rangers.

BREAKING: Sandy Easdale due at Ibrox shortly for crunch talks with Ally McCoist. The Rangers boss could be hours from the sack.

Oh dear....

When Big Sandy has "crunch" talks with somebody it normally has a literal translation :shutup Many a taxi driver here will understand that.

Hope The Pie Man has BUPA.

Pardew getting shunted across?