Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Every time I hear them moan saying "We've been punished enough"

Considering everything that has happened, they really did get off lightly. Being allowed to waltz back into the senior league set up (Airdire or Gretna didn't get this option), a transfer ban while they played in part time league.

Thats it really.

The transfer ban saved them from spunking away even more money than they have.

It is astonishing just how many lawyers and legal experts we have in this wee country. Who would have guessed that we have so many people clued up on the intricate and convoluted world of tax law.

We are truly blessed.

Quite - mibeez if Rangers had hired one of them they wouldn't have gone tits-up.

Every time I hear them moan saying "We've been punished enough"

Considering everything that has happened, they really did get off lightly. Being allowed to waltz back into the senior league set up (Airdire or Gretna didn't get this option), a transfer ban while they played in part time league.

Thats it really.

Even the transfer ban was very weak.

It was billed as lasting 18 months. Effectively, it covered one window, that of January 2013. It didn't kick in until after summer 2012's window had closed and it was effectively got round in summer 2013, by the acquisition of 'trialists'.

The price has been small - bigger than our game's authorities wished it, but small nonetheless.

It is astonishing just how many lawyers and legal experts we have in this wee country. Who would have guessed that we have so many people clued up on the intricate and convoluted world of tax law.

We are truly blessed.

Do you reckon?

I think that most of us who have no such expertise are at pains to stress that this is the case. We see more of an attitude of curiosity from many of us, than anything else.

That's not actually a bad thing mate.

Even the transfer ban was very weak. It was billed as lasting 18 months. Effectively, it covered one window, that of January 2013. It didn't kick in until after summer 2012's window had closed and it was effectively got round in summer 2013, by the acquisition of 'trialists'. The price has been small - bigger than our game's authorities wished it, but small nonetheless.

C'mon guys - they were also fined, given a 3 year European ban and relegated to the Third - have they no been punished enough?

Whilst your posts have been of a high standard over the last few pages MT I can't let that wee slip go without highlighting it.

Tsk etc.

Right, clearly I'm being whoooooshed here, but I must be a bit thick, because I can't see how or why.

What do you mean? What was my wee slip?

Even the transfer ban was very weak. It was billed as lasting 18 months. Effectively, it covered one window, that of January 2013. It didn't kick in until after summer 2012's window had closed and it was effectively got round in summer 2013, by the acquisition of 'trialists'. The price has been small - bigger than our game's authorities wished it, but small nonetheless.

The biggest moan from them about that was being unable to sign players, who would allow them to try and win a Scottish Cup / League Cup while in Div 2/3

It's also funny how much the MSM language has changed from they days

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18929983

July 2012

Sevco Scotland, which now owns Rangers' assets after the old club headed for liquidation, needs SFA membership

The SFA announcement came on the day "The Rangers FC" were drawn at home to East Fife in the first round of the Scottish Communities League Cup

The biggest moan from them about that was being unable to sign players, who would allow them to try and win a Scottish Cup / League Cup while in Div 2/3

It's also funny how much the MSM language has changed from they days

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18929983

July 2012

The change in language is not that amazing. Lots of threats and a history of letter bombs and bullets through the post will do it.

Clearly it is new evidence.

What is 'new' about something the commission knew was in process? What is new about the commission being asked by the SPL to give a judgment irrespective of the outcome of that process?

I think you fail to grasp the meaning of 'new' - not that I'm surprised.

What is 'new' about something the commission knew was in process? What is new about the commission being asked by the SPL to give a judgment irrespective of the outcome of that process?

I think you fail to grasp the meaning of 'new' - not that I'm surprised.

You spend a large amount of time defending the robustness of this decision. A decision sevco have entirely ignored.

The change in language is not that amazing. Lots of threats and a history of letter bombs and bullets through the post will do it.

Crude and simplistic, but essentially true.

The treatment of Jim Spence, the circling round volunteers who write in programmes. All evidence of a bullying aggressive atmosphere that has forced people to curb wording that was not inaccurate and would not cause the slightest disquiet if applied to anyone other than an OF club.