Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

So, if they DO actually liquidate, will we all be treated to the spectacle of Messrs Doncaster, Traynor and Young holding an all night vigil for the death of Scottish football?

Clearly every other club is immediately contaminated (see Bubonic Plague) as soon as (this) one falls. That's what the told us, so it must be true....

Perhaps they can hold it on the first day of the new season on Sportsound and we can all listen in at half time to see if our teams are actually dead yet.

I actually think the SPL (other than Celtic) would be delighted if Rangers went bust never to be seen again. They'd probably prefer a CVA of course, then they can just continue. If they don't and form a Newco they're in the lose-lose position of having to make a decision which will piss off some people hugely either way. But if Rangers go bust, well...problem solved. There's a big difference in the meeting with the bank manager when you can go in sweating, tie loosened, begging for mercy and a little more time to say here's how we'll cut budgets, here's the player we'll sell, here's our plans to raise money and we hope the league will become more competitive when Celtic shrink to being hauled in and asked what the f**k are you doing writing off guaranteed income and a television deal when you're X million in debt? I think the banks would see a difference between clubs being pushed over the edge and grabbing for life and taking a running jump with no idea if there's a safety net.

mind you this is certainly a unique administration...:lol:

Aye, but I don't think HMRC can advance 'pure comedy gold' as an argument....

HMRC have got some terribly clever lawyers. they'll be seeing if they can make a move. The more realistic scenario is that Duff and Duffer will simply have burned through all the cash that remained before they need to, given their failure to cut any costs at all. What date is the PAYE due again? Ring that one on the calendar.

I seriously doubt a couple of wee banners etc played any real part in Miller's withdrawal. American owners have had much worse in England. and they're still there, just to put things in perspective.

Yeah, and how much are Man U & Liverpool worth compared to Rangers? :rolleyes:

Yet again, Rangers fans have shafted their own club. :D

Unbelievably news from Bill Miller. From sole preferred bidder to zero in 2 days.

1. After 2 days of looking at the Rangers 'situation' he realised this is dangerous territory that I don't want to get involved with. (What did he see that Duff and Duffer haven't already seen? Are they misrepresenting the facts to would be purchasers?)

2. The fact that Duff and Duffer had devalued player contracts (and potential sale value) made the company worthless.

3. The bile coming from the 'true' Rangers fans - a couple of hundred f***ing emails a day - was enough to make him think again. Why should you bother if that is the attitude from day 1?

So blame nobody but yourselves lads laugh.gif

3 bidders is the good news. Who the 3 bidders are is the bad news.

Unless the penniless Blue Knights come riding over the hill. ohmy.gif

Hundreds of abusive e-mails everyday according to his mate on Newsnight. I suspect that wasn't a big issue but if that was his welcome what would follow follow when he made them live within their means?

Once again the people let themselves down.

Fouling their own nest in spectacular fashion. It just gets better and better.

Yeah, and how much are Man U & Liverpool worth compared to Rangers? :rolleyes:

Yet again, Rangers fans have shafted their own club. :D

Stop trying to muddy the waters with your facts....

Why, only last night I heard a Bun on SSB saying McCoist wasn't good enough to still be manager next season, he'd need to spend big and they should go to the EPL and that'd serve us all right. Utterly utterly deluded.

I'm sure their worldwide fan base will dig deep in this hour of need.

Well, first there were 3, then there were 5, then there were 4, then it was down to three again, then it was two, then it was down to one preferred, then we thought there was one total bid left but according to Duff and Phelps there are three, possibly four on the table again.

Anyone else smelling the shite coming from Duff and Phelps 'multiple bidders' spin yet?

It's high time the authorities did their job;

Apply the rules without fear or favour and Investigate, don't negotiate. We can castigate Rangers for plenty but in terms of sorting the whole mess out, it's not Rangers who are tasked with restoring pride in scottish football, it's the SPL, the SFA and the SFL. It's time they were all held accountable. I have no faith in either the SFA or the SPL at this juncture. I hope they prove me wrong.

I get the impression now that Doncaster is finished cuddling up to the American, that what he will do next is snuggle up to whoever is next to get in line and when that fails he will repeat it with the next bidder. We are all talking about sporting integrity but the fact is that there is very little evidence of it up to this point. Plenty of those involved allude to sporting integrity but none of them want to practise it.

Not only is the time ripe for SKY to flex their muscles on this whole affair, but the SFA's offer of setting up a National Football League for all Clubs should also begin now.

Are the administrators not there to get the best for the creditors rather than get the best deal to screw them over?

Many things have astounded me during this saga - but none more than the dynamic administration duo. I've followed this thread keenly since day one - and have also watched things like 'Scotland Tonight' and 'Newsnight Scotland' since Feb 14. Tonight was the first time I have heard the panel saying 'Surely Duff & Phelps conduct should be queried'. FFS - Where have you been since Feb 14!?

The good citizens of P&B watched as Rangers went into administration, and almost to a man, were highly quizzical about the choice of administrator in the first place. Again, almost to a man - we expected Haudit & Daudit to breeze in, and within 10 minutes of looking at the books, it would have been... MacDowell, Durrant, offski. Goalkeeping coach? Offski. McGregor, Whittaker, anyone else earning megabucks? Right - thanks for your service and goodnight. Team full of kids and low earners, get us through the season - everyone else, Naismith, Lafferty, Healey... bye.

Then (more regrettably) onto Ibrox and Murray Park staff - who needs to be let go? Club ambassador you say? Don't really need you on the payroll Sandy me' old son - do one.

The fact NONE of this happened, and happened within 5 minutes of them getting appointed started alarm bells ringing in 99.9% of P&B users heads... Worst. Administration. Ever.

Instead we were treated to the spectacle of Kyle Bartley's Raybans and his white Range Rover Sport leaving Murray Park for 20 happy meals and a family bucket of chicken for the lads, as negotiations rumbled on, and on, and on. Negotiations? There should never have been negotiations! You, you, and you - boosh, out the door. Jig time.

Yet, here we are three months later, and the TV talking heads and keyboard knobjockeys are just starting to wonder about them?

FFS!

I've said a few times it's the "nobody likes us, we don't care" attitude of the fans and the club that's coming back to bite them. Thick, bigoted scumbags that are helping destroy their own club with their behaviour and years of glory-hunting that put them in this mess.

I love it.

Hopefully the infighting sets in, and they tear themselves apart across several disgusting, bigoted phoenix clubs.

Unbelievably news from Bill Miller. From sole preferred bidder to zero in 2 days.

1. After 2 days of looking at the Rangers 'situation' he realised this is dangerous territory that I don't want to get involved with. (What did he see that Duff and Duffer haven't already seen? Are they misrepresenting the facts to would be purchasers?)

2. The fact that Duff and Duffer had devalued player contracts (and potential sale value) made the company worthless.

3. The bile coming from the 'true' Rangers fans - a couple of hundred f***ing emails a day - was enough to make him think again. Why should you bother if that is the attitude from day 1?

So blame nobody but yourselves lads laugh.gif

Unless the penniless Blue Knights come riding over the hill. ohmy.gif

David Hillier@DavidHillier@McNallyMirror they're expressions of interest, Brian. That could be anything from a phone call affirmation to more detailed discussion

No other bids at this moment ;)

Also, do you think the administrators charged extra yesterday for having to work on a bank holiday? :P

No other bids at this moment ;)

Also, do you think the administrators charged extra yesterday for having to work on a bank holiday? :P

One of my mates was querying why it was being dragged out this long. Had to explain the concept of billable hours to him. One thing is for damn sure, there will be enough in the pot to pay D & P.

I'm sure their worldwide fan base will dig deep in this hour of need.

Thats the astounding thing. Just how much ( or should that be how little ) has RFF raised? If the worlds biggest/greatest/most dedicated support were to chip in a tenner each then their club could easily be saved.

Well, first there were 3, then there were 5, then there were 4, then it was down to three again, then it was two, then it was down to one preferred, then we thought there was one total bid left but according to Duff and Phelps there are three, possibly four on the table again.

Anyone else smelling the shite coming from Duff and Phelps 'multiple bidders' spin yet?

The best bit is the deluded fool (***) i work with will repeat every word D&P say back to me tomorrow in a hopeful voice laugh.gif

He never seems to remember that i've told him exactly what will happen time and again and decides to believe the spinmaster over me.

I actually feel sorry for him rolleyes.gif

The good citizens of P&B watched as Rangers went into administration, and almost to a man, were highly quizzical about the choice of administrator in the first place. Again, almost to a man - we expected Haudit & Daudit to breeze in, and within 10 minutes of looking at the books, it would have been... MacDowell, Durrant, offski. Goalkeeping coach? Offski. McGregor, Whittaker, anyone else earning megabucks? Right - thanks for your service and goodnight. Team full of kids and low earners, get us through the season - everyone else, Naismith, Lafferty, Healey... bye.

Then (more regrettably) onto Ibrox and Murray Park staff - who needs to be let go? Club ambassador you say? Don't really need you on the payroll Sandy me' old son - do one.

The fact NONE of this happened, and happened within 5 minutes of them getting appointed started alarm bells ringing in 99.9% of P&B users heads... Worst. Administration. Ever.

Good shout. Normally an administrator comes in wielding a giant axe, because they must stop a business losing cash hand over fist. But Duff & Phelps just seemed to bumble along while making noises about an announcement of a preferred bidder being imminent.

Hopefully the infighting sets in, and they tear themselves apart across several disgusting, bigoted phoenix clubs.

i think this is exactly as close as we will get to a newcos...several vile clubs contaminating the juniors all try to out bigot each other for the right to claim that they are the 'real rangers'. i foresee many civil wars over things like what to call the teams and further splintering occuring.