Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

All the talk had been about what players will go, but since Ally is likely to be on a good wage and with no tranfer value, he could well be the 1st to go :lol:

Joking aside he quite possibly could be. Good wage, no resale value AND he wouldn't count as a football creditor so would be on a pennies in the pound settlement, not a pay in full one. Same reason Dundee immediately binned Chisholm and Dodds as soon as they went into admin (though possibly the fact they were doing a dreadful job had a bearing on it).

An obvious possibility is to bin expensive management / coaches and instal Durrant or a senior player (McCuulloch, Davis?) as temporary manager.

Reading all the facts, not just rumour and conjecture, its fairly obvious to me that Rangers have few options. that would mean carrying on as they are.

Most likely outcome imo would be a newco starting up but the biggest question i have would have is where they would start again if a newco was formed.

I really hope the SPL have the guts to send them downwards rather than keep their place in the SPL.

Still if they go down to division 3 and come back up that's 3 years audited accounts etc completed and 5 years after going down they'd be able to qualify for europe again, assuming of course if they were strong enough.

Based on what i've just said i think if the SPL do keep them any punishment should be meted out over a 5 year period not 3 with points deduction as has already been muted.

And what information is that?

4.45 Tuesday according to the jelly/ice cream vendors.

Popcorn either way.

This, from a Rangers club deck season ticket holder, who also told me of the impending doom back in September, although even he didn`t think it would be just as bad as it currently is.

Twitter is the modern equivalent of saying "some fat bloke in the pub told me"

Wont get excited about anything till it says they are dead on the news.

Yes, until it is put out there by reputable sources it is meaningless really. I could put it on Twitter that McGregor and Lafferty have been sold to Anzhi for £10million each and you'd get people retweeting it as fact.

Saying that Twitter was the first place I heard of their admin a couple of hours before it hit the news websites so not all bad.

"Fine" is an interesting choice of word. "Still there" would probably be more appropriate

No, they are going to be fine. They are going to, at a stroke, wipe out fifty miliion pounds worth of debt, Craig Whyte will sale off to Monaco in his yacht with a tidy profit, and Rangers will be reborn in the summer with new owners willing to spend money on players no doubt. Fine is precisely the word. It's unjust and more than just a bit distasteful, but thems the rules.

Reading all the facts, not just rumour and conjecture, its fairly obvious to me that Rangers have few options. that would mean carrying on as they are.

Most likely outcome imo would be a newco starting up but the biggest question i have would have is where they would start again if a newco was formed.

I really hope the SPL have the guts to send them downwards rather than keep their place in the SPL.

Still if they go down to division 3 and come back up that's 3 years audited accounts etc completed and 5 years after going down they'd be able to qualify for europe again, assuming of course if they were strong enough.

Based on what i've just said i think if the SPL do keep them any punishment should be meted out over a 5 year period not 3 with points deduction as has already been muted.

There's no reason to think that will happen at all. Even if New Rangers FC are formed, they'll keep the same crest, the same stadium, same training ground, same players for the most part. They'll retain their SPL status because in the cases similar to this in the past relegation was not part of the punishment. It jolly well should be, but it ain't.

Yes, until it is put out there by reputable sources it is meaningless really. I could put it on Twitter that McGregor and Lafferty have been sold to Anzhi for £10million each and you'd get people retweeting it as fact.

Saying that Twitter was the first place I heard of their admin a couple of hours before it hit the news websites so not all bad.

Oh yes. This is definitely possible. Transfer Deadline day is brilliant fun.

I have a fear that if the taxdodgers go bust, it was stated earlier in his thread that one option they may seek to buy /take over another club, well they could buy my club for 50p and the flute playin Donald Findlay is on our board. If we get promoted to the first division in theory they would be back in premier in 1 season. Not sure if thats a possibility I could be as wrong as my hole but a scary thought.

I have a fear that if the taxdodgers go bust, it was stated earlier in his thread that one option they may seek to buy /take over another club, well they could buy my club for 50p and the flute playin Donald Findlay is on our board. If we get promoted to the first division in theory they would be back in premier in 1 season. Not sure if thats a possibility I could be as wrong as my hole but a scary thought.

Lose all your upcoming games, just incase :lol:

Is that still legal, after the Airdrieonians affair ? surley not!

After Airdrie/Clydebank Im pretty sure that was vetoed so that it couldnt be done in future so there should be no other clubs at risk.

Not sure if this is an option open to them, but I posted way back that I'd be a bit uncomfortable if I were a Cowden fan.

Not sure if this is an option open to them, but I posted way back that I'd be a bit uncomfortable if I were a Cowden fan.

If Rangers FC as we have known them for the last 140 years get wiped out, and pop back up in Scottish football by buying out Cowdenbeath FC and taking them over lock stock and barrel.... like someone said on the recent Aberdeen v St Mirren thread, I think I'll eat my own shite.

There's a lot of scenarios going through my head, but that isn't one of them. The scenarios in my head all involve Rangers rising from a pile of their own shite, debt free, under new ownership and carrying on like nothing has happened - while Craig wide-boy Whyte pockets a few million and fcuks off to Monaco.

Not sure how those loveable, cuddly Govan rogues will pull it off though.... but I get a sinking feeling that they will.

Edited by pozbaird

If Rangers FC as we have known them for the last 140 years get wiped out, and pop back up in Scottish football by buying out Cowdenbeath FC and taking them over lock stock and barrel.... like someone said on the recent Aberdeen v St Mirren thread, I think I'll eat my own shite.

There's a lot of scenarios going through my head, but that isn't one of them. The scenarios in my head all involve Rangers rising from a pile of their own shite, debt free, under new ownership and carrying on like nothing has happened - while Craig wide-boy Whyte pockets a few million and fcuks off to Monaco.

Not sure how those loveable, cuddly Govan rogues will pull it off though.... but I get a sinking feeling that they will.

Aye, this is pretty much my own vision of how things will pan out.

Perhaps it's just the very idea of Findlay being involved at my club that would make me uncomfortable as opposed to any real chance of it being subsumed by ra mighty gers.

Aye, this is pretty much my own vision of how things will pan out.

Perhaps it's just the very idea of Findlay being involved at my club that would make me uncomfortable as opposed to any real chance of it being subsumed by ra mighty gers.

A lot of folk on P&B have said the same - they'll fall in a barrel of shite and come out smelling of roses. I hope not - not because I want them to die and folk to lose jobs, but simply because they do not deserve to somehow pop up debt-free in almost the same guise after the way that their troubles arose. I.E. It's all their own bloody fault.

Part of me thinks that given the severity of Rangers situation, there's no way they can possibly just pop back up from this in a 'Motherwell' fashion - with barely a scratch to show for it, but still.... the nagging doubt exists.

All we can do is to get more popcorn in and to see how much shit hits the fan this week and beyond, and to see if Rangers and Whyte become so toxic that a Lazarus-like rise from the grave simply isn't possible. It could go either way. My head says 'they're fcuked', but my gut says 'they'll find a way to sneak out of this'.

The same way every other club has pulled it off? I don't see why this admin will be any different.

I think they'll die. Maybe I'm just too naive, but I really can't see how they can get out of it if (when) the big tax case goes against them. Nobody except our friend Whytey wanted to buy them for the years they were up for sale before all of this came out, I just can't imagine why anyone would be willing to throw their money at them now with very little chance of recouping anything for several years at the very least. Of course when it comes to football it's not all about money, but there's got to be a line which even the biggest supporter wouldn't cross. If I won £160 mill on the euromillions of course I'd invest in Killie, but if they were in a situation like rangers with potential debts of upwards of £90 mill, it would be extremely difficult to justify that behaviour. I simply can't see how they get out of this one unscathed without a massive investor and I can't see why anyone would put themselves up for that.

Hurry up and die.