Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

How many relegation places do the SFL have?

They must be "fucking over" the Highland League, East of Scotland League, South of Scotland League and all of the Juniors?

Although not sticking up for the op not every team from these leagues wants up into the SFL.

You cannot compare the 2 because Junior football is a level, as is pub league and amateur league.

To ask a player who wants to play junior football to suddenly find himself playing professional is a bit much don't you think?

Thistle took the SPL to court, not the SFA. UEFA only come in on the act if the Football Associations are targeted, not the specific leagues.

Didn't we take the SPL to the OFT IIRC?

For those that prefer puzzles to sentences.

Haudit and Daudit playing down media claims Rangers have reached a deal with HMRC... Well there's a surprise! Wasn't that Traynor spouting that line?

it's funny that when any of these guys are questioned as to why these guys didn't think to say anything over the years their stock answer is always "well of course, I knew what was going on, I'd had discussions about it but I can't very well come out and say it without any hard evidence I'd be up in front of a judge the next day"

How many relegation places do the SFL have?

They must be "fucking over" the Highland League, East of Scotland League, South of Scotland League and all of the Juniors?

Eh, I don't really get you there . There is a full time league below your one and the league winner is the only one that wins - so to speak. A second place finish is not deemed good enough to even get a play off against the Spl's second bottom . Of course , this could only happen in the land of self interest. This suits teams like your own , no doubt about that , giving you a good chance of ever slipping down the trap door again . As I said , there is more rotten about our football set up than just the *** situation Edited by Mr X

Although not sticking up for the op not every team from these leagues wants up into the SFL.

And do Montrose and Elgin City aspire to be in the SPL?

You cannot compare the 2 because Junior football is a level, as is pub league and amateur league.

To ask a player who wants to play junior football to suddenly find himself playing professional is a bit much don't you think?

The 3rd Division isn't professional. Playing in the 3rd Division would be no different to playing in the Junior Leagues for these guys.

Eh, I don't really get you there . There is a full time league below your one and the league winner is the only one that wins - so to speak. A second place finish is not deemed good enough to even get a play off against the Spl's second bottom . Of course , this could only happen in the land of self interest. This suits teams like your own , no doubt about that , giving you a good chance of ever slipping down the trap door again . As I said , there is more rotten about our football set up than just the h un situation

And what about the leagues below the SFL? Even the best teams in those leagues don't get the chance to get promoted. That suits teams like Montrose and East Stirling, no doubt about that, giving them absolutely no chance of slipping down the trap door again.

The 3rd Division isn't professional. Playing in the 3rd Division would be no different to playing in the Junior Leagues for these guys.

That's your opinion.

The junior league is called that because that's its level.

The SFL league 3 is a professional league whether you agree or not.

I will agree with you however on the quality.

Hearts nearly went to a replay with a junior team for fuxake, then had the cheek to win the cup.

I'm amazed that in today's European superstate culture of greed is good, in fact essential, combined with everybody can basically do what they want without restriction that nobody has challenged the geographical boundaries used in football as a restraint of trade and infringing someone's some sort of rights. Even more money for lawyers too. Surprised they haven't suggested it.

And do Montrose and Elgin City aspire to be in the SPL?

Given the excitement that seems to run through their players when they get a big draw in the cup I'm guessing the players and fans aspire to play SPL.

The chairman however would have a different idea given the cost of 6000 seats and USH.

If the SPL didn't have stadia rules it would be very different picture Craig.

I think the fact Killie have been up so long has made you a little snobby to the smaller clubs in Scotland.

If wee teams were to borrow the kind of cash you owe the bank (£8m) they could be SPL too.

I have been struck recently by the amount of times Cockwomble has stated the importance in all clubs being treated equally. Yet he still refuses to confirm if he agreed a deal with Sky that guarantees Rangers and Celtic both being in the same league. If this is the case then surely that is treating the remaining sides in the SPL unfairly. Basically saying the OF cannot be relegated. It then begins to look as if he is working not to punish Rangers but to ensure that they remain in the SPL. In other words he is working to save the deal with Sky rather than working to protect the integrity of the SPL.

Given the excitement that seems to run through their players when they get a big draw in the cup I'm guessing the players and fans aspire to play SPL.

The chairman however would have a different idea given the cost of 6000 seats and USH.

If the SPL didn't have stadia rules it would be very different picture Craig.

I think the fact Killie have been up so long has made you a little snobby to the smaller clubs in Scotland.

If wee teams were to borrow the kind of cash you owe the bank (£8m) they could be SPL too.

Get it right about the debt of KFC before you make a statement.

We had our years in the lower leagues you know, more than twice!

And if they did borrow they could have a hotel and 2 places for a pint before and after the game too!

Edited by DuntoiRab