Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

So the reason you dislike Rangers Football Club is their supporters are arseholes /troublemakers/ outright violent psychopaths but you say all clubs have a number of supporters like this

It all makes sense now :rolleyes:

No8, with all due respect, I'd safely say that the most xenophobic and racist supporters in the UK are probably Rangers fans (see my post for experience). Not saying you all are (in fact one of my best childhood friends is a Rangers fan, but he acknowledges you have a larger than average contingent of Neanderthals)

So the reason you dislike Rangers Football Club is their supporters are arseholes /troublemakers/ outright violent psychopaths but you say all clubs have a number of supporters like this

Oh FFS. Is it just me? Could some fellow diddy club fans please re-assure me that the world hasn't gone completely mad?

This thread is gold. Pure LOL-tastic gold.

Aye mate, that's why I dislike Rangers, that's why I dislike every other supporter of every football club on the planet.

No8, with all due respect, I'd safely say that the most xenophobic and racist supporters in the UK are probably Rangers fans (see my post for experience). Not saying you all are (in fact one of my best childhood friends is a Rangers fan, but he acknowledges you have a larger than average contingent of Neanderthals)

That is simply not true..How old are you? The worst racist abuse at any British Football Ground was when Mark Walters made his debut for Rangers..It was only slightly worse than the abuse he received the following week at Tynecastle.

"A few supporters"... Funny how everyone in this thread will have similar stories involving these supporters...

They must really get about, these few guys.

It's the vocal minority remember. As a Killie fan you'll have experienced this vocal minority at Ibrox the other week and the actions of the vast majority of upstanding Rangers fans trying, but failing, to shout down this extremely small segment of their support.

That is simply not true..How old are you? The worst racist abuse at any British Football Ground was when Mark Walters made his debut for Rangers..It was only slightly worse than the abuse he received the following week at Tynecastle.

Naturally you know Londoner's Father's experience better than he does himself. You are the people after all. And folk get the idea you're arrogant bigots!

Late 20s. I am telling you what my personal experience was when we lived up north.

Of course, there was a lot of racism in Scottish football, in fact I remember in '97 when some idiotic Falkirk fan in the cup final started making monkey chants (nearly everyone around had a massive go at him), but we never received any at any grounds bar from Rangers fans. Hell even the Pars fans at the choir never Brockville once shouted anything to me :P Any racist abuse I got when I was a kid in the street was always a Rangers fan. My favourite was in my final year up north at 18, passing a random guy in my Falkirk top who was wearing a Gers top on Grahams Road...

"You muslim P*** b*****"

Me: "Err, I'm actually Christian and from nowhere near Asia"

"F*** you ya f**** c***"

Right...

Late 20s. I am telling you what my personal experience was when we lived up north.

Of course, there was a lot of racism in Scottish football, in fact I remember in '97 when some idiotic Falkirk fan in the cup final started making monkey chants (nearly everyone around had a massive go at him), but we never received any at any grounds bar from Rangers fans. Hell even the Pars fans at the choir never Brockville once shouted anything to me :P Any racist abuse I got when I was a kid in the street was always a Rangers fan. My favourite was in my final year up north at 18, passing a random guy in my Falkirk top who was wearing a Gers top on Grahams Road...

"You muslim P*** b*****"

Me: "Err, I'm actually Christian and from nowhere near Asia"

"F*** you ya f**** c***"

Right...

I very much doubt that he was a Rangers fan. Probably a Chelsea fan who had bought a Rangers shirt and travelled all the way up just to make Rangers look bad

Naturally you know Londoner's Father's experience better than he does himself. You are the people after all. And folk get the idea you're arrogant bigots!

Did i say i did? Show me where i said this?

Was the episode with his father worse than the scenes of Mark Walters debut? Were the worse than the scenes we witnessed at Tynecastle?

OK. I'll bite and tell you why my grave dancing shoes are on standby. My wife had to go to Barcelona on business a while back. She arrived there the day after Rangers played Barcelona in the Champions League. Nothing she could do about the date, her meetings and seminars with Spanish colleagues were in place. The dates were locked. On Las Ramblas, she witnessed large groups of Rangers fans who were staying on to make a week of it, absolutely rat-arsed, openly urinating in the street and shouting 'Fcuk the Pope!' at full volume, mixed in with the usual sectarian songbook. I don't think I need to elaborate on her and her Spanish colleagues reaction. After a couple of days pretending she was German, at the airport on the way home another large group of Rangers fans came into the terminal. One of them had a ghetto blaster on his shoulder, and it was blaring out a loyalist CD at full volume. Airport security approached the group to challenge them, and the guy with the ghetto blaster shouted in their face "If youse don't fcukin' like it, youse can just get tae' fcuk. Fcukin' feenyan basturts'. Again, I don't think I need to tell you what she was feeling. Embarrassed, embarrassed to be Scottish, to be associated with this in any way. My wife isn't a football fan, she didn't make this up to have a dig at Rangers.

You'll notice that I haven't even mentioned Manchester, Barcelona 72, the Rangers trips to Newcastle and Birmingham, the stoning of the Villarreal team bus, the sectarian warnings and fines from UEFA. I haven't mentioned Rangers fans invading the Love Street pitch in '77, or Rangers fans playing flutes and urinating in Celtic's 'Jungle' during the Scottish Cup semi final between St Mirren and Rangers in the early 80's. I could also mention being pelted with coins at the Hampden replay. Hell, I could even mention the Rangers fan at Ibrox who, while I was simply buying a match programme, spat at my feet and asked me (about two inches away from my face), why a 'feenyan basturt like me' was at Ibrox. That incident marked my last ever trip to your midden. Never went back, wouldn't give Rangers the sweetcorn oot' ma' shite, much less any of my money.

The sooner your football club gets shot between the fcuking eyes, the better.

But apart from that?

Bravo, Poz. Bravo.

I recall an incident at Mcdiarmid a season or so back where I saw a fat, hairy c**t of a merchandise seller, screaming at two young girls, advising them that they were 'feenyan a c***s'.

Horrible bitter people, in my own experience. In time-honoured fashion I'll point out that the Irish mob aren't much better. I know you guys are insecure about that kind of thing.

What we have is an oppressed majority in terms of league membership. Never going to be pretty when it goes tits up, as evidenced in this thread.

Polish those shoes, neebs. FTOF.

As opposed to the garlands and greeting cards that met Paul Elliott at Ibronx..

Worst racist abuse I've seen was Scotland-Rangers....sorry England game back in 86. Barnes and Viv Anderson got a rousing chorus of you black b.......

At least Tartan army have come on a little. The noisy minority at snake mountain? Sadly no.

You reap what you sow,

Glug, glug, glug,

Down the drain the bigots go :)

Edited by jagfox

Did i say i did? Show me where i said this?

Was the episode with his father worse than the scenes of Mark Walters debut? Were the worse than the scenes we witnessed at Tynecastle?

You're not in the OF forum here, endless loops exchanging examples of the other side's bigotry doesn't work here. It's too one sided.

No, the reason we all hate rangers and the other Sisters is that the clubs have actively attracted the type of people whose attitudes make decent fans ill. Findlay wasn't some Govan Stand ned, Neither was Goram. Gascoigne, ferchrissakes! Had it explained to him how some sensitive souls didn't appreciate the flute mime, so repeated it at the first opportunity! This whole "institution" was based on anti-catholic policies until the law made them pay lip-service to modernising their attitudes. I can't think of any other ground in Britain where players and fans are abused on the basis of which school they went to (apart from the obvious one across the city, that is). And no other ground where a player making the sign of the cross can be accused of "inciting" the crowd. This from idiots who profess to follow the same religion (that would be Christianity)

The sorry fact is that, while the fans' attitude is disgusting, the club encourages them to get steeped in the "history" and "tradition" of a club which has existed for over 100 years as a representation of religious hatred. The scum aren't just in the stands, they're in the boardroom and on the payroll. Always have been, and always will be until Duff & Duffer get their act together and put this dinosaur out of its misery.

KTID

Typical Rangers fan, the world revolves around them! :rolleyes:

Anyone that remembers West Bromwich Albion when Big Ron put Cyrille Regis, Laurie Cunningham and Brendon Batson back in the 1970s and they had to face the abuse of their own fans let alone those of opposition fans will know what Walters faced - unpleasant though it was - was chickenfeed to the crap most black footballers faced in England right up until the end of the 1980s.

Oh yeah, and they didn't instantly go playing the victim card with the press to defect attention as to why a black footballer had signed for a club happy to let the National Front sell "The Flag" and the BNP sell "Spearhead" outside their grounds at the time. Regis and co did their talking on the pitch and shut the morons on both sides up in the process. Class always will out.

I very much doubt that he was a Rangers fan. Probably a Chelsea fan who had bought a Rangers shirt and travelled all the way up just to make Rangers look bad

In other words, "it was big boys that did it and ran away!" :lol:

Edited by WaffenThinMint

Typical Rangers fan, the world revolves around them! :rolleyes:

Anyone that remembers West Bromwich Albion when Big Ron put Cyrille Regis, Laurie Cunningham and Brendon Batson back in the 1970s and they had to face the abuse of their own fans let alone those of opposition fans will know what Walters faced - unpleasant though it was - was chickenfeed to the crap most black footballers faced in England right up until the end of the 1980s.

In other words, "it was big boys that did it and ran away!" :lol:

Oh yeah, and they didn't instantly go playing the victim card with the press to defect attention as to why a black footballer had signed for a club happy to let the National Front sell "The Flag" and the BNP sell "Spearhead" outside their grounds at the time. Regis and co did their talking on the pitch and shut the morons on both sides up in the process. Class always will out.

Chickenfeed? Yeah right. As for what happens outside grounds, clubs obviously have no control over what happens on public property.

As for what happens outside grounds, clubs obviously have no control over what happens on public property.

Yeah, that's the bit that pisses people of the most I think. You really do have a horrible collection of people that follow your club.

But they can control what goes on inside the grounds but choose not to, an example of this was the last home game at Ibrox where the support was allowed to spew their bigoted sectarian bile in the name of showing solidarity to the club. No wonder the EPL didn't want the OF.

Edited by statts1976uk