Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Absolutely correct. And know what, the Clydebank fans rallied, got their team resurrected and went about things the right way.

And it was an absolute joy to watch them winning a trophy earlier tonight when they beat Shotts 3 - 0 at Newlandsfield.

Around 1000, yes 1000, Bankies fans in attendance.

And 100% integrity.

Too late for integrity at The Big Hoose of bigotry - the message is now loud and clear - Rangers, you are not wanted in Scottish Football - Just go.

Thats a nice story and everything but where were the other 972 fans when Clydebank played a game in front of only 28 ?

Good on them though.

It wouldn't be missing out on playing in the tournament that would be the punishment but the financial loss the club would suffer from non participation

from the 1-4 games from a domestic season that covers anything from 46 games upwards for an SPL season and one round in each cup. Less than your CVA offers pro rata as a lost revenue generator for one of the world biggest clubs....hmmm. You seem awfully good at this barn dance stuff, one step forward, two steps to the side, two steps back, one step forward.....tongue.gif

Disagree. Shows the intent to go into administration.

Also shows that D&P were chosen for role specificly by Whyte and his hoo-hah over the Revenue trying to get in there first and appoint neutral administrators

Agrwe what you say, but it's still historic and only looking back rather than keying on current events. RTC suggest they aint paid taxes even once in Administration

We were playing Hamilton at Ibrox the next day...i sit in the back row of the Copland and believe me it was a struggle to get to my seat after 36 holes of golf the previous day. Not as young as i once was :(

I'd suggest a trolley rather than a hand-basket then the next time you're there

I wasn't being obtuse at all. I was agreeing with you.

You think Rangers will only play 1 game in the Scottish Cup? I would think finding out what Rangers take in on average from the Scottish Cup then deciding how long they are banned for would be appropriate and more importantly legal. That punishment could run into Millions or will be at least a 7 figure sum

You don't assume best case, the notional loss of such a ban can only be one game. You can't assume you win through three or four rounds.

What if your one game was Ross County away at 6000 capacity, half the gate of that after costs?

60 grand, topped up with the prize money and some cash fog being on sportscene.

£100k tops in that scenario.

Would that then be a £5million loss on the faerie and unicorn world of what RFC bring to football?

The Big Hoose Bun Part 2

Macdonalds restaurant, enter The Big Hoose Bun

Spotty kid behind counter: Welcome to Macdonalds can I take your order.

Bun: I'll hae 2 family meals deals wi extra salt on the chips.

Spotty kid behind counter: Is that eat here or take away.

Bun: Take away but most o it will be gone by the time I get to the door.

Spotty kid behind counter: That will be 20 pounds.

Bun: How about a quid.

Spotty kid behind counter: No I'm sorry that will be 20 pounds.

Bun: Listen sonny I am one o ra peeple so we only pay 5p in the pound for what we buy.

Spotty kid behind counter: Wait there while I explain the situation to my Manager.

Bun: A ger eh this should be nae bother at a.

Manager just as young and as spotty: Ah a Ranjers fan, I thought we were boycotted.

Bun: Eh well dinna tell anyone just give me ma food.

Manager just as young and as spotty: Sir we cannot give you 2 family meals for one pound how about a big mac for two fifty and you leave.

Bun: Look me and you are both gers right you ken we don't pay full price for anything and I am fuckin starvin, my disabilty payments have been cut to 5p in the pound cause some loser didnt pay their tax or NI so as a fellow bear just give me the discount.

Manager just as young and as spotty: Feck off you fat bastid

Bun: MA BIG MOOTH MUST STAY OPEN.

c98.gif

Agrwe what you say, but it's still historic and only looking back rather than keying on current events. RTC suggest they aint paid taxes even once in Administration

It's all 'historic' but enough grist to the mill for D&P to potentially be removed as administrators I'd suggest.

A neutral administrator would take a different path than D&P.

The Murray ERA, EBT's are also historic, but its enough for the SPL investigation to look into with the 18 possible sanctions.

The evidence the SFA panel are getting refered back to them is also historic, but enough to pass through. Only the punishment of the Embargo was legally incompetent.

The circumstances around the start of the administration are pertinent to the whole thing.

they didn't though, he played cat and mouse with HMRC between the big tax case and the. Nonpayment stiff in the wee tax case.

Only when HMRC announced they were going to go do it, did Whyte set administration in motion.

So the administration was preplanned between owner of the club and eventual administrator?

I'll guess that isn't best practice in the eyes of the insolvency practitioners association.

Where does that leave the creditors in pursuing the money owed them? If both the pre administration owner and the appointed administrators have a game plan forcing administration and a preagreed fee?

We all know that administration was always on the cards so we'd have to be naive to think that it wasn't planned in this way.

It obviously doesn't look good for D+P but i'm sure that'll come out soon enough.

The only thing that surprises me is the fact that it's all taken so long, why wasn't it a pre-pack admin, when that can be done without informing the creditors.

We all know that administration was always on the cards so we'd have to be naive to think that it wasn't planned in this way.

The admin process is meant to be naive in it's workings though, to trim all costs, make the company trade at break-even or a profit, so it can be revived. Naive in the way that are sides, admin, owner, employees, creditors all want the company to survive the hardship of administration.

Can we say the rangers admin went like that?

It obviously doesn't look good for D+P but i'm sure that'll come out soon enough.

The only thing that surprises me is the fact that it's all taken so long, why wasn't it a pre-pack admin, when that can be done without informing the creditors.

because a quick solution wasn't preagreed between Whyte and D&P?? Can only guess at intentions.

According to a Rangers supporter at work today, they've got £3.5M in the bank to cover this. Thank f**k, I thought for a minute that they they might be struggling to do the right thing :rolleyes:

Oh no they haven't...was that 3.5 million not to be included in the CVA,as well as all outstanding transfer money owed.

I may be wrong as the stories change faster than i can keep up these days ;) but do vaguely remember the money in the bank being put forward as part of the CVA.If so,they then don't have any funds to keep paying players.

Edited by Forever Diamond

If that revenue is insufficient to meet what are known as the CVA trading costs, the administrators will fund the shortfall from the £8.3m loan from Green's consortium and that figure will subsequently be deducted from the creditors' pot.

So if the big wages players stay their wages can be funded out the pot for creditors

I was wondering about that if the players wages would come out the CVA pot ! well there you have it.

I've kind of hinted that stall tactics would be used till the transfer window opens,better to get some money for the players than none at all.

Wages are paid at the end of the month aren't they ? so this effectively gives Nuff n Helps a 4 week window to accrue transfer money from the gers players being sold.So don't expect the players to be leaving soon after any cheeky low bid at first.

Once the top players have flogged off then we will see action at work hopefully to end this sorry farce.

Sad to even suggest it but I think the gers will newco after players sales and money is in the CVA pot for liquidation of whatever has not been syphoned off.And the sneaky dastardly plan comes into effect to parachute the cheating feckers into the SPL with slap on the wrist sanctions avoiding the BTC sanctions as a newco and the B*stards who run the game take a hefty bonus come Xmas for saving their SKY deal.

Contracts revert to type

So starts the next chapter 8)

"Prospective owner Charles Green's plans for the squad are unclear, but any revenue from player sales, under Duff & Phelps' proposal of a company voluntary arrangement, would go to the company for the benefit of Green's Sevco takeover vehicle, rather than to creditors. "

Why would ANY creditor accept any % settlement when they see stuff like this happening.

The assets belong to the entity which owes them money, yet the prospective buyer of that entity is offering them a pittance - but taking 100% of the sales value of those assets... oh, and he supposedly has £Xm more ready to throw in after those pesky creditors are out of the picture.

Totally gobsmacking.

Edited to add....

And I see that the wages they're getting paid up until they get sold are being paid by the creditors as well!?!?

Someone just pull the feckin trigger!

Edited by Bobby_F

Thats a nice story and everything but where were the other 972 fans when Clydebank played a game in front of only 28 ?

Good on them though.

They were boycotting games for the future well-being of the club. At that time there was one Mr David Low in charge (yes, he who is now apparantly in cahoots with Charles Green) attempting to take the club to Dublin and rename it under the guise of Dublin City in some banal plan. A certain Mr Jim Ballantyne came along (the lap-top dancer dude), stole their club, and renamed it Airdrie United.

These guys at Clydebank have worked tooth and nail to reform and their hard-work is now paying off.

Re attendances, Boxing Day mid 1970s - Clydebank v St Mirren, Kilbowie Park - 10,000

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/18288466

"Both halves of

the Old Firm will be allowed to postpone their Scottish Premier League fixtures

on the weekend of 11/12 August to play friendlies.

Rangers and Celtic will both be scheduled to play at home that weekend.

Celtic have announced plans to face Spanish champions Real Madrid in the United States on 11 August.

"Any other club scheduled to play at home that weekend will also be offered the same flexibility," said a spokesperson for the league.

"The SPL Board is mindful of the benefit to Scottish football as a whole of its clubs participating in glamorous and lucrative matches against some of the world's highest-profile clubs.

"The SPL has therefore confirmed that, in line with an SPL Board decision taken in November 2011, Celtic FC and Rangers FC will be scheduled to play at home on the weekend of 11/12 August 2012.

"Both clubs will be allowed to postpone their games that weekend in order to play in friendly matches." "

So by 11th August rangers will be alive and will be in the SPL and playing glamour friendlies !

well they havent died yet so the spl have to just carry on as things are atm

it basically just means dundee/dunfermline will have that weekend spare should they die

I remember when certain spivs tried to relocate Wimbledon to Dublin and that was never going to work,although you could see a certain logic in it

But Clydebank though?

It could have been any team, just depends on who the big 'players' are at the time in question.

And it seems David Low is still about the scene !!!-

Edited by Wokcomble

maybye they should try relocate rangers to dublin im sure they would be very popular

Eureka, we have the answer, you are a genius

"IF WE GO TO DUBLIN WE WILL FOLLOW ON"

nah, think they'd prefer Belfast somehow.

Just heard some breaking news from a trusted source - it seems Souness is going to be cleared of having any involvement in the EBT case. All accusations against him regarding the alleged £30k payment have been dropped as it has transpired that the money was paid directly into the account of another individual altogether.

Apparently, this aspect of the investigation has been passed to Merseyside Police who have brought in a Mr Y. Hughes, 67, for questioning. Interesting.

Really interesting statement from Stewart Regan tonight. Just as I was about to give up altogether. A few over on RTC saying it wasn't strong enough, although I don't really know what else he was meant to say.

I love his last line - "appropriate to remind member clubs that by very dint of their membership of the Scottish FA, they accept and abide by the Articles of Association"

I wonder just how they are going to "remind" Rangers of this...

...AGM on 6th of June... Please please please let that be the end to this mess so we can go back to talking about Saints?! My analysis on the statement for anyone that cares http://bit.ly/KCypys

Eureka, we have the answer, you are a genius

"IF WE GO TO DUBLIN WE WILL FOLLOW ON"

nah, think they'd prefer Belfast somehow.

don't think the bold bit will go down to well on herewink.gif