Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

They were boycotting games for the future well-being of the club. At that time there was one Mr David Low in charge (yes, he who is now apparantly in cahoots with Charles Green) attempting to take the club to Dublin and rename it under the guise of Dublin City in some banal plan. A certain Mr Jim Ballantyne came along (the lap-top dancer dude), stole their club, and renamed it Airdrie United.

These guys at Clydebank have worked tooth and nail to reform and their hard-work is now paying off.

Re attendances, Boxing Day mid 1970s - Clydebank v St Mirren, Kilbowie Park - 10,000

I was at that game, 1977, iirc, Davie Cooper was playing for Clydebank, and Sir Alex was at St Mirren. One of the best atmospheres I've ever know at a game.

Really interesting statement from Stewart Regan tonight. Just as I was about to give up altogether. A few over on RTC saying it wasn't strong enough, although I don't really know what else he was meant to say.

I love his last line - "appropriate to remind member clubs that by very dint of their membership of the Scottish FA, they accept and abide by the Articles of Association"

I wonder just how they are going to "remind" Rangers of this...

...AGM on 6th of June... Please please please let that be the end to this mess so we can go back to talking about Saints?! My analysis on the statement for anyone that cares http://bit.ly/KCypys

Yip, I get that too. We live in hope. ( and now a wee bit more expectation)

How about the threads 'conspiracy theory no.267'..........

Who has showed the resolve to keep the big hoose open?

Who hasn't got rid of any of the assets?

Who has just about got the cash to buy when Green walks by their delaying actions so far?

Who has made the sale extremely unnatractive to all bidders?

Who has been in this up to their necks since before the shitstorm hit?

Say hello to the new owners for the start of 2012/13 season *waves at Duff + Phelps........

And a specially big welcome to your "new" CEO, Mr Craig "Wealth off the radar" Whyte.

Regan should have made his statement as soon as D+P mentioned the CoS, no ?

No. This way the SFA are having to act because of the pressure imposed on them by UEFA/FIFA. This way it's not them that put the final kick in to the dying man.

All Regan, and others, have done over the last wee while is give them enough rope to hang themselves and they have duly obliged.

No. This way the SFA are having to act because of the pressure imposed on them by UEFA/FIFA. This way it's not them that put the final kick in to the dying man.

All Regan, and others, have done over the last wee while is give them enough rope to hang themselves and they have duly obliged.

If your thesis is correct, it only reinforces the argument for a root and branch clear out of the SFA / SPL. You are basically saying that the SFA, as an organisation, are too craven and afraid to apply their own rules to one of their member clubs.

We can but hope, eh ?

"We don't do walking away" Naw, yir gettin huckled oot as if ye've got haunels oan yir boxers, nae need tae walk, ye'll still be bouncin two hundred yards away.

are you trying to tell me they dont do walking away and this will be respected, but the final insult will be being forced to do the "famous" bouncy away (nananana na)

If i was a Tarrier Relegation would be the least of my troubles

Arent you married to a tarrier? You are building up a nice collection of reds with these soundbites.

Does anyone else get the feeling that Doncaster didnt know Scotland were the best supported team per head of population till he read it on this thread?

I actually thought he was reasonable on the interview, the interviewer was a dick though.

Edited by MarreZ

If your thesis is correct, it only reinforces the argument for a root and branch clear out of the SFA / SPL. You are basically saying that the SFA, as an organisation, are too craven and afraid to apply their own rules to one of their member clubs.

We can but hope, eh ?

The SPL is a farce. However, all clubs signed up to the greed is good deal in the late 90s so complaining they are putting money first now is a bit ridiculous. The whole point of the organisation is to make money.

The SFA is different, it was formed at a different time when different principles mattered. As an organisation it is completely in the dark ages but it is at least starting to change in terms of improving the disciplinary system, changing the committee structure etc.

The appeal panel has a real test coming up though. Throwing Rangers out of the Scottish Cup would now seem the minimum sanction they can reasonably apply but that still seems relatively minor in the grand scheme of things. On the other hand a suspension will, without doubt, kill the existing club stone dead and I doubt they'll have the balls for that. Incidentally, does anyone have any precedents about clubs being suspended? And given this is already the appeal panel, is there any way Rangers can contest the decision?

I was at that game, 1977, iirc, Davie Cooper was playing for Clydebank, and Sir Alex was at St Mirren. One of the best atmospheres I've ever know at a game.

Christmas Day 1976, the Bankies went 2 nil up then Fergies Furies came storming back to grab a well deserved draw.

A week later the sensational Buddies went doon tae Cappielow and scooshed the Smellies 6-3.

Happy days Happy Buddie.

:D :D :D :D

Edited by shull

Does anyone else use this thread as a 'live match' kind thing? I always avoid the news so that I can learn of developments on here, like avoiding the scores before watching match of the day. Does that make sense?

Does anyone else use this thread as a 'live match' kind thing? I always avoid the news so that I can learn of developments on here, like avoiding the scores before watching match of the day. Does that make sense?

I read nothing else.

I usually read 5 or 6 books a months while i'm oot working in my private hire Cab ( between hires obviously)

Lately i've read f*ck all apart from this thread.

Is the P&B Consortium's offer not still on the table?

We're maybe closer to being the new owners than we'd really like.......

Yes it is still on the table, and as Duff & Duffer would say 'we are very optimistic our offer will be accepted. We have all worked very very hard pulling all this together as it is a complex deal but we are close to agreement, real soon now'. That quote is a code for any other bidders to p off.

Our 'fighting fund' comprises £13.75 (sterling) 27 euros (thanks to big Malk just back from a week in Spain for that) and lemonade bottles worth £8.5 million. We have had these independently valued, but Duff & Duffer are saying they are only worth £3.48. What planet are these guys on?

If they accept our bid, which I am confident they will as we are putting in about £30 more than Green, each creditor will get at least 6 lemonade bottles.You should see the heap for HMRC ohmy.gif

No need for creditors to ask to see the colour of our money, it is "let's see the colour of your lemonade bottles"

I call this a win-win. biggrin.gif

To quote The Fatted Lamb from yesterday's DR. " It might be naive to ask but don't Duff and Phelps have some kind of duty of care to Rangers? If so, they should be explaining fully why they believe Green to be the man to return the club to good health but their CVA document offers nothing to ease the concerns of Rangers fans."

Yes, it is naive, you numpty. H&D have no duty of care to RFC, they're prime function is, well supposed to be, to look after the interest of the CRDITORS. Don't you read RTC? Oh, and BTW, yir blue neck is showing. See, even the guys who "profess" not to be gers supporters still have this "we are special" attitude which give them away.

Christmas Day 1976, the Bankies went 2 nil up then Fergies Furies came storming back to grab a well deserved draw.

A week later the sensational Buddies went doon tae Cappielow and scooshed the Smellies 6-3.

Happy days Happy Buddie.

:D :D :D :D

I was at that game, too. I'm ashamed to admit, but as I recall, the best player on the park that day was Andy Ritchie.