Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

This might sound daft, but why didn't the fighting fund give the money for creditor x to the club, for the club to officially pay to that creditor off? Thats what I thought they were doing...

Once the club entered admin they cannot pay off any creditor until an agreement is reached with all creditors.

ie they can't show any bias toward any one creditor

There are different types of creditor as well.

Jane Lewis ‏@JaneLewisSport

#Fifa confirm that they've spoken to the #Sfa over the #Rangers situation. Talks will continue and they hope to release a statement today.

Hopefully they will have told the SFA which punishment they would be happy with. THEN THEY CAN PUNT THE F*CKERS.

Who were the teams that Rangers tried to get kicked out the league in the 60's. Went to court after SFA said no. Celtic were the club that stood up and stopped it happening.

cannot find anything online,but the bloke who told me said it did happen. Was wondering what it was all about.

It would be for the best if our football authorities believed FIFA were breathing down their necks , even if the are not. We might be - oh please do - be nearer to someone hammering them at last . Its the pussyfooting around them that pisses me off .

Who were the teams that Rangers tried to get kicked out the league in the 60's. Went to court after SFA said no. Celtic were the club that stood up and stopped it happening.

cannot find anything online,but the bloke who told me said it did happen. Was wondering what it was all about.

Haven't got access to the book right now but details of this are in "The Roar of the Crowd", a book about the history of Scottish football attendances.

Was in this thread earlier, Albion Rovers, Brechin City, East Stirlingshire, Stranraer and someone else who I can't remember.

From wikipedia's article about Berwick Rangers:

In May 1964, Rangers had tried to force league reconstruction which would have meant Berwick Rangers and four other teams being expelled from the league. The five teams went to court to fight this proposal, but the court found in Rangers favour of league reconstruction. The teams appealed to the Inner House of the Court of Session and with support from Celtic's chairman Robert Kelly this proposal was eventually dropped.

1964 league recontruction

thats kinda why they offered the CVA because they (rightly or wrongly) think its the best deal they can offer

Aye but the fact that the CVA is a stitch up is the issue here. It's not a case of "we are gutted it's come to this, wee tried our best for the creditor and we hope you can help us by accepting", it's more a case of "you'll get shitpence in the pound whilst Haudit and Daudit and Green walk away with bucket loads, and that's yer whack".

Now if I was Romanov I'd be saying "3, 4 or even 9 pence in the pound? Na, I'd rather write the paltry sum off and watch you c@nts die, you cheeky b*****ds!"

I don't know anything about this, but I'm sure from memory there was a move to exclude Celtic for their refusal to stop flying the Irish Tricolour at Celtic Park, either in the 50's or 60's. The vote was tied with the decisive vote going to whoever Rangers rep was, and he voted to keep Celtic in the league, if the stories I've been told are correct.

Also, just read the Evening Times on my lunch break (Bought it for the coverage of the Bankies game last night) and their coverage of the punishments available to be passed on to Rangers is laughable. You'd think the only other option they have is a one year ban from the Scottish Cup, which according to Derek Johnstone is what Rangers asked for in return for the signing ban being dropped.

I've read about this so something definitely happened. Can't remember the club involved but it wasn't one of the current top clubs.

Berwick, Raith Rovers and Stenhousemuir all come to mind as possibles for some reason.