Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

3 years ago...

Rangers on brink of move to Atlantic league. Walter was quoted as saying it would result increased gates.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/spl/rangers/atlantic-league-could-save-scottish-football-insists-rangers-walter-smith-1.926500

Although now, it doesn't suit, Scottish football needs Rangers?

GTF!

Edited by El Capitan

Dearie me. Still in denial. once more, slowly, watch my lips.....

RANGERS ARE DEAD. They are going to be liquidated. End of story. No matter what the apologists try to convince themselves of, the stain has been removed from our game. Anything Hughie (or anybody else) salvages from the rubble will NOT be rangers, will have NO history, NO right to play in the SPL, NO right to queue-jump over clubs who have run within their means to enter Div 3. This is the message that we must all promulgate throughout our days - emails to clubs, letters to the press, supporters' trust statements, even putting the fat orc in the local off his Monster Munch:

RANGERS NO LONGER EXIST. ANY ATTEMPT TO RESURRECT THEM AS THE BIGOTED, HATE-FILLED ENTITY THEY HAVE PROVED TO BE SHOULD BE RESISTED AT ALL TURNS. SCOTLAND IS A BETTER COUNTRY WITHOUT THEM. THEY THEMSELVES SAID THIS TWO YEARS AGO, WHY SHOULD WE DOUBT THEM?

If the SFL or, God forbid, the SPL re-admit these scum, it would only be acceptable on one condition: One instance of sectarianism or bigotry and you're out. No appeals, no negotiation. End of. Let's see those "decent" rangers fans try to keep the lid on that.

This is hysteria.

I was a strictly Eldorado man in my younger days. The best thing to come out of Greenock except for the M898.

Anyway cheers Forever Diamond.

I think you need a new road map mate, or just learn to read your old one.

I was a strictly Eldorado man in my younger days. The best thing to come out of Greenock except for the M898.

Anyway cheers Forever Diamond.

Aha, caught. The M898 doesn't come out of Greenock. The road that does is the A8, it's no' even a motorway. The M898 starts about 15 miles from Greenock, and runs for about 1 mile from the edge of Bishopton/Erskine to the south side of the Erskine Bridge (where there is a huge queue of berrs trying to get over the anti-sideywyes fencing)

The SFA membership won't be the same though. NewCo will need to re-apply - Green has admitted as much. Had the membership been transferred in any other way (as part of a CVA, for example, see Leeds Utd) then I would fully agree with you. But in this case it hasn't - it will go with Rangers.

The SFA membership will be the same.

Green said that Rangers won't be members of the SPL when he gets his Newco deal, I don't think I have heard anyone else express that opinion. Everyone believes Rangers would continue to be a member of the SPL and therefore a member of the SFA. The transfer of share would be the continuation of membership and Rangers would not need to apply to the SFA.

There is no mechanism to automatically lapse membership (other than playing for a rival FA) the transfer would need ratifying by the SFA board but that seems like a formality.

But you could form a new company to take over and restructure your club without an insolvency event taking place. The company that owns the club is irrelevant as far as history goes, what matters is what honours are lodged against what SFA member. As long as the SFA membership is the same the club is the same, simples.

I agree with you.

Its also important to remember that if the SFA membership (and SPL share) is transferred then so, too, are any footballing punishments. The debt may be left behind with the old company, but I would rather the footballing repercussions were kept alive. If this means Rangers fans get to claim their history, so be it. After all, who really cares??

The SFA membership won't be the same though. NewCo will need to re-apply - Green has admitted as much. Had the membership been transferred in any other way (as part of a CVA, for example, see Leeds Utd) then I would fully agree with you. But in this case it hasn't - it will go with Rangers.

Green wouldnt know what day it was if his Mickey Mouse watch didnt have a little hole beside the 3! The newco will be applying to transfer the SPL share from the oldco. Why would the SFA membership be any different?

Wrong, the SFA set a precedent by taking Rangers the club to task for the actions of Craig Whyte the company chairman, stating then that the club are the same as the company.

Rangers themselves tried, in vain, to argue this point saying that the club should not be punished for the actions of the company's chairman who was no longer at the club.

You could also intepret that to be that the club and the company are connected, not necessarily the same thing. Therefore, if you transfer the "club" to a new business the same applies.

Again, if you want to argue that the newco is a totally new club with no history, then it also follows that any punishments from the SFA (for the CoS debacle) and any future punishment coming for dual contracts are gone too. Is that really worth it, just to lord it over the Rangers fans?

Does your car have a Sat Nav built-in or already know how to get to Peterhead?

Are they in the 3rd as well.. Happy days. Peterhead and Elgin can replace the Inverness Weekenders for the forthcoming season.

Cheers Claymores...Things are looking up. Sorry about Russia last night..hope you never backed it. You shouldn't listen to me anyway ..WTF do i know about football? The team i support is in the 3rd division ;)

3 years ago...

Rangers on brink of move to Atlantic league. Walter was quoted as saying it would result increased gates.

http://www.heraldsco...-smith-1.926500

GTF!

Good find

Unlike many senior figures in the Scottish game, Smith has no fears for the wellbeing of the clubs Celtic and Rangers would leave behind in the SPL if they did move on to help form a new league.

In fact, he is adamant that other clubs having an increased chance of winning the national title for the first time since Aberdeen back in 1985 would result in vastly increased gates and general renewed interest.

Hand on heart I've not read every single post in this thread, but as far as I can see no one has touched on one aspect of the SPL "admit/don't admit the newco" debate.

As I understand it you need an 8/4 majority in favour of admitting the newco. Be certain what that means - 8 clubs (okay 7, assuming Rangers or whatever they will be called do actually vote for themselves) have to say "yes". Anything less and they can't be admitted. What it doesn't mean is that 5 clubs or more have to vote "no".

As Mr Blair used to say there is a "third way". In any vote it is open to an elector to abstain. Happens a lot in politics so why not in football? Might that not be an option for those chairmen who are so undecided that they can't/won't/are frightened to make a decision.

Perhaps that sounds somewhat unlikely, but ask yourself - last Hogmanay, did you predict Rangers to be liquidated?

3 years ago...

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/spl/rangers/atlantic-league-could-save-scottish-football-insists-rangers-walter-smith-1.926500

GTF!

Exactly, Rangers have long been embarrassed to be associated with Scottish football, constantly hawking themselves for 'atlantic leagues' and moves to England and withdrawing players from Scotland squads.

Cut them adrift and let them form their own league.

Edited by King Kong Bundy

The whole 'transferring the history' thing is a load of rubbish anyway. The only 'history' that matters to me is the stuff which I have experienced as a fan, whether this is attributed to my specific company doesn't make the slightest difference. Reaching the Scottish cup final in '92 and '95 don't mean any less to me because they were achieved under a different company, they are still great memories regardless of what has gone on since.

Aha, caught. The M898 doesn't come out of Greenock. The road that does is the A8, it's no' even a motorway. The M898 starts about 15 miles from Greenock, and runs for about 1 mile from the edge of Bishopton/Erskine to the south side of the Erskine Bridge (where there is a huge queue of berrs trying to get over the anti-sideywyes fencing)

Don't metion Erkine Bridge - you'll feel guilty afterwards! No8., can RFFFFFFFFFF buy yez all TomToms?

Did your Season Book renewal form for Ibroke arrive yet?

My 2 did. Filed straight into the cupboard unopened and they will remain there for the forseeable future.

Seems somebody has upset the natives on Follow Follow. They just don't do Humility :lol:

Are they in the 3rd as well.. Happy days. Peterhead and Elgin can replace the Inverness Weekenders for the forthcoming season.

Cheers Claymores...Things are looking up. Sorry about Russia last night..hope you never backed it. You shouldn't listen to me anyway ..WTF do i know about football? The team i support is in the 3rd division ;)

Ha mate - I lost another £200................playing catch-up never works, guess my holiday this year is Leven beach, just in sight of New Bayview ;)