Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Cant catch up on todays thoughts but i have read that the media are reporting that some sponsors are looking to withdraw from sponsoring the Gers unless Uncle Walts in charge. I'm assuming thisis sh!t and if any sponsors are 'walking away' its due to the club being in such a state of limbo, not due to Green being the owner.

Anybody heard anything about this?

Also seen some posters for a 'march for Walter'. WTF...are they wanting Green to just sell verything to th highest bidder? If they o its not going o be Uncle Walt thats at th front of he queue!

Got to laugh at that.Wonder Walt has admitted he wont be involved with the club in any shape or form if the takeover he is fronting goes through.When will fans,media and sponsors wake up to the fact that Walter Smith is no saviour,he is a palm greased front man,only being used to get some other jokers in the door,doing their dirty work,and saving them blushes if it fails.

If it goes well for them,great,if it doesn't then McColl and Park will just say it was all Smiths doing.

In fairness, Rangers v Celtic games are always on the telly, and in the UK broadcasters are prohibited from showing games at 3pm on a Saturday.

OK, but notice it's never 3pm or later on a Sunday and the Police don't want evening kickoffs any more due to the risk of trouble. So they are still ***** :D

Has anyone seen the new Muppets film? (Bear with me!!)

They spend the film raising money to save the Muppet studios, the main character is called Walter, and in the end they survive without actually achieveing their original goal.

Spooky.

Edited by Mark Connolly

When Airdrie were dissolved ten years ago, the club was expelled from the league and the newco version had to apply for the resultant vacancy along with several other candidates, and they failed to be re-admitted.

Surely Rangers should be foreced down the same route?

Also, is it any coincidence that the administrators carved up a private newco deal with Charles Green, amount to the same amount as their fee? Surely the liquidated assets should have been auctioned off to the highest bidder?

Rangers are lying in the morgue, remember.

The question now is, which company the share is transferred to? Is it The company behind Dundee, Dunfermline or a company that is borne from the carcass of a cheating and bigoted institution that has left the reputation of the SFA and SPL in tatters.

Fairly simple really.

Not that simple. Can't make my mind up between Dundee or Dunfermline.

1 fantastic thing about Rangers nor appearing on the fixture list is sky will demand that the SPL hurry up and sort out the gap team so they can put their fixture schedule together.

The SPL better get the finger out, less than 7 weeks to KO.

I can understand why you might have doubts and even why you are cynical about what`s to happen but what have you HEARD that suggests it`s the biggest cop out in history. I have`nt heard anything other than the SFA are stepping in because of the SPL`s incompetence. I take it you at least agree with the sentiment. Let`s keep an open mind until the SFA proposals are made public which , given the timescales involved, must be very soon.

Because of who sits as Chief Executive. rolleyes.gif

SSN just confirmed Rangers won't be in the fixture list tomorrow

Going to have "TBC" instead

:lol:

'The Bigoted cvnts'? I thought they were going with 'The Rangers FC'?

What's the betting Club 12 will be scheduled to play Celtic some time between Christmas and New Year?

In fairness, the fixture lists would have been compiled several weeks ago, and are sent out to the clubs so that they can highlight any issues they have and potentially get them smoothed out.

So Rangers would have been included in this list - the easiest way to change it would be to replace 'Rangers' with 'Club 12'

That way should 'Rangers v2.0' get back into the SPL then there won't be the clash with Celtic games..

The only issue I can see is that if Dundee take the 'club 12' slot, then there may well be clashes between their games and Utd games. Unless The SPL had the foresight to look at this and make Dundee Utd and 'Club 12' on alternate fixtures too!

I was just doing a bit of trawling through the Rangers forum, and I see they are blaming the SPL for delaying the vote on whether they get back in or not, when in fact the truth is that 'Rangers v2.0' have not actually applied yet.. So how can they take a vote - apart from that there is a 14 day delay for any vote - so even if the do apply on Monday, we'd be looking 2nd July at the earliest before we'll have the vote

I'm still hoping it's even worse than that in the case of Souness and Smith, Secret payments made many years after they left the club to facilitate player transfers between Rangers and Everton/Blackburn/Newcastle etc. Effectively bribery and money laundering, as well as tax evasion. Probably nonsense, but if Leggo can do it....

Most of us don't take any notice of Leggo either...:P

Edited by youngsy