Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

You surely must see the irony of your post. You talk of supporting Airdie for 30 years so you presumably don't really distinguish between oldco Airdrie and newco Airdrie. And although you wernt voted straight back in the rules were bent to allow you back in to the sfl. And you didnt even have to come back in to the lowest division. Sporting integrity is obviously something to be striven for but,as in life, pragmatism always comes in to play

I'm all for criticism,but get your facts correct before having a go please.

I said Airdrie because i do differentiate between the 2,if i didn't i would have said Airdrieonians.What do you think i should call them,as the name has Airdrie in both of the clubs? So i should have said onians and utd,just to keep you happy?

The rules were not bent to allow us back into the league.We were not voted in and instead the SFL went with Gretna....Jim Ballantyne bought Clydebank,renamed and relocated them...hence why we got Clydebanks 2nd division place,something i wasn't and still not proud of i may hasten to add.

So why would we have to have started in the 3rd when the club Airdrie bought over was already in the 2nd. So sevco are no different to the position we were in,our club had been liquidated,and a newco was tring to apply for a league place,which the rules stated wasn't allowed for a team that had just been formed.

I said some pages back Thurs/Friday that I would have thought Motherwell to be one of the better off clubs if Rangers and Sky walked.

Where is all the Sky walking chat and administration talk emerging from? I can see Sky re-evaluating the cash, but completely stopping broadcasts I cannot. Clubs managed to get by the years we had a BBC deal didn't they? Are clubs just trying to scare fans into voting yes?

Exactly and there won't be any change to the SKY deal till after this season coming so that clubs can adjust their season 2013/2014 budgets accordingly.

There has been chat about another few TV companies possibly coming in with better bids than SKY if it's a pittance to what we already have.

Dear the SPL, SFL, SFA and anyone else who have a decision to make.

Make Newco apply for entry into the Third Division. Treat them like any other and nobody can honestly complain.

Sincerely,

Fans of Scottish football.

Sporting integrity has long went out the window with the idea of simply putting us in division 1 (how they can do that i dont know) to keep SKY happy

All the non OF fans that battered on about Sporting Integrity and how they wouldnt go back if the newco were put into the SPL, are they happy that both the SPL and seemingly the SFL are simply willing to bend and break whatever rules they have to keep SKY sweet

Terrible day for football when less than 500k TV money can force clubs to lose all of their integrity

Oh my God, seriously? I haven't been able to get on for two days, not even two full days - and there have been almost 100 pages!! haha This is just incredible! Not a chance of wading through all these! I know some kind soul will help me - a possible summary of anything significant in last couple of days? Thanks in advance!

^^ This I don't 100% get. He ain't that dumb surely?

Green will get shot of the high earners. He is one. Time is running out for him to get a new gig and he isn't a big draw. Is he pinning his hopes on newcorpse with QoS a fallback?

-------Question of Sport afore Dumfies folk get their panties in a twist.

I got an immediate flash of him, both Andys and a bottle of Grouse plotting world domination in an office at Palmerston! :D :D

Oh my God, seriously? I haven't been able to get on for two days, not even two full days - and there have been almost 100 pages!! haha This is just incredible! Not a chance of wading through all these! I know some kind soul will help me - a possible summary of anything significant in last couple of days? Thanks in advance!

green killed walter smith

fat sally lined up a new job at greggs

rangers are going to join the premiership

& motherwell have reformed as "the motherwell"

Motherwell advised by the club that they face a 900k budget deficit for operations next season without Sevco in the league.

Don't want to speculate on the figures without some input from Well supporters who have seen them. Anyone?

Just had a glance at the statement, never read it in any detail. I'm pre-occupied with the inability to write the word m1nge here. I'm quite sure the figures would stack up, but it does not mention the offset of a replacement club coming in, new TV deal, etc, etc. So there is no doubt there would be a loss but I don't believe as much as as the £900+ stated.

On a simialr note amazing to see the press quoting fans websites as sources of information, what a world we live in now.

Free the m1nge!

COULD does not= will

All clubs need the fans to step up, attend matches, buy merchandise and lots of pies, pref Killie Pies or a Belter Bridie.

a loss of 900k cannot be covered by fans simply buying more tickets and merchandise, i said right at the start that it would cost clubs nearly a million in one fell swoop and there wouldnt be time to recover

Motherwell advised by the club that they face a 900k budget deficit for operations next season without Sevco in the league.

Don't want to speculate on the figures without some input from Well supporters who have seen them. Anyone?

The document is linked in the other newco thread. On phone or I'd link to it here

Picked up a dodgy looking dude in my private hire cab earlier.

He had the now dead Rangers crest with the 5 stars tatooed on his neck.

I chickened out from asking him if he was going to replace it with the new crest of the Newco and without the stars.

Sorry, i've let you aw doon.

the latter plus majorly delusional 8)

I have gave this man a greeny WHY ?

His post is post number 51,082 and that is the capacity of Ibrox stadium and we all thought the landmarks towards Rangers stopped at page 2012 8).

Surely we can find some more historic P&B landmarks at the gers plight :D.Possibly how many thousands of pounds they owed companies before liquidating.

See the Daily Ranger has a new story, here is how the people in charge of Scotland are treating us the intelligent football fans without bigotry in our blood... They are caving in to the pressure behind the scenes for SKY money.

The four key points on the agenda were:

●Finding a mechanism that will allow Rangers to parachute straight into the First Division next season.

●A guarantee that play-offs are introduced immediately at the top of the First Division for a place in the SPL.

●The distribution of short-term payments to SFL clubs from the SPL to allow Rangers’ First Division games to be shown live on Sky.

●A timeline to form one body, the Scottish Professional Football League.

If this is true, every club in Scotland has been kicked in the face saying " we must protect the preccccccciousssssss SKY ring...."

fucking raging this morning

You left one out letting this NewCo win the league so all the teams in this New Div1 are to step aside and give them an easy passage to the New SPL Div and giving them braging rights as the saviours of Scottish Football. At least Celtic fans can voice an opinion but the smaller teams in this New Div will be expected to swallow everything thats put in front of them then it's back to normal and more of the WATP crap.

You left one out letting this NewCo win the league so all the teams in this New Div1 are to step aside and give them an easy passage to the New SPL Div and giving them braging rights as the saviours of Scottish Football. At least Celtic fans can voice an opinion but the smaller teams in this New Div will be expected to swallow everything thats put in front of them then it's back to normal and more of the WATP crap.

Has there been any organised movement from the Celtic fans to say to their board "Why are you so quiet? Get out there and get this NewCo pish telt?". We've seen Dundee United and St Johnstone fans withhold from buying season tickets, and frequently hear about teams from all division but Celtic remain a team who are suspiciously quiet. Their fans should be giving Lawell and co an utter hard time rather than saying to other clubs "We're going to boycott you if you vote yes...oh by the way, we're just going off on a whim that we'll vote no ourselves". Get them telt!

Edited by rw89

I said some pages back Thurs/Friday that I would have thought Motherwell to be one of the better off clubs if Rangers and Sky walked.

Where is all the Sky walking chat and administration talk emerging from? I can see Sky re-evaluating the cash, but completely stopping broadcasts I cannot. Clubs managed to get by the years we had a BBC deal didn't they? Are clubs just trying to scare fans into voting yes?

I'm playing catch up here so don't know if anyone else has responded to this. You are absolutely spot on, what the Motherwell board seem to be doing is laying out the worst scenario. Don't know if it's because they purely want to be open or if it's because they want to scare their own fans.

There is no evidence that SKY will walk, the discussions on here in the last few days have shown that what they pay for Scottish football is a drop in the ocean compared to their budget for the English Premiership. Fan power has created a situation in Scotland where we are forcing the footballing authorities to do the right thing with regard to newco.

SKY would be well advised to recognise this mood before doing anything to alienate Scottish football fans.

I have confidence the Motherwell supporters will do the right thing.

a loss of 900k cannot be covered by fans simply buying more tickets and merchandise, i said right at the start that it would cost clubs nearly a million in one fell swoop and there wouldnt be time to recover

The artcile doesn't actually suggest that they may appeal to fans to buy more pies, but may mean they would need to seek further finanicing from Shareholders and fans thorugh ticket pricing, etc. However, all that is given, I don't think anyone would argue that there would be losses throughout without SEVCO in the league. However the statement does not balance out with the income that would be generated form the visits of the replacement club, new TV deal, etc. which right now is unquantifiable.

Of course I have been to lazy to look at the statement in detail so may have missed that, but I think the losses should be less.

Of course, someone had to be a smart ar2e and say 'do these figures include us winning the Champions League'. Don't be so stupid! Of course it doesn't include that. It may include our home and away games in the CL, then the money raised from winning the Europa League!

Picked up a dodgy looking dude in my private hire cab earlier.

He had the now dead Rangers crest with the 5 stars tatooed on his neck.

I chickened out from asking him if he was going to replace it with the new crest of the Newco and without the stars.

Sorry, i've let you aw doon.

Paisley Cab drivers are shitebags :P