Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Worryingly; (it's got to be akin to being awarded a knighthood for services to banking)

Finance magazine ACQ has named Rangers' administrators Duff & Phelps UK

Corporate Restructuring Advisor of the Year.

ACQ Finance Magazine Global Awards 2012 said the award “recognises Duff &

Phelps as the UK’s leading Corporate Restructuring Advisor”.

The award winners were selected from nominations from the publication's

32,000 global subscribers, “who assess the quality of service received rather

than the size of billings” ACQ said.

Duff & Phelps was also named the Turnaround and Restructuring Advisory

Firm of the Year UK and Debt Advisory Firm of the Year UK for the second year

running at last night's ACQ Global Awards.

Duff & Phelps partner and Rangers' joint administrator Paul Clark said:

“The awards highlight outstanding performers across the professional services

spectrum and celebrate the best advisors working across the world – as

identified by the readers of ACQ Finance Magazine.

“It is a real achievement for us to be recognised, not only locally, but also

on a global scale by our peers, and one in which our entire team can take great

pride”.

Clark was a co-founder of Manchester head quartered insolvency firm MCR until

it was bought out by Duff & Phelps last October.

Duff &Phelps are currently facing three separate enquiries in relation to

their handling of the Criag Whyte's takeover of Rangers and alleged conflicts of

interest surrounding the firms appointment by Whyte as administrators of the

club.

Before I start, let me say that Virgin Trains's Glasgow-London service's free wifi is fucking horrific. One of the few times in my life I've actually wanted to listen of Off the Ball and I've had no chance.

Surely if gate money was to be split in any fashion it would be based on match ticket sales for that game alone and not from the season tickets.

It sounds like a convenient compromise. It offsets the direct impact of gate splits for the likes of Celtic (with capacities over twice that of every other team in the league) while ensuring that Celtic season holders can feel good about themselves when visiting away grounds. Everyone else benefits across the board.

Up to a point. The discount on walk up could be under a ton. Next season our crowds will dip, but half of say 40,000 one week, and maybe 9,000 the next, is still less than keeping the whole 40,000 every 2 weeks.

Not sure if I get you. I'm talking about *you personally*, attending every away game while having a home season, rather than every Celtic season holder, as plainly they can't all go to away games. Presently, *your* impact on Celtic's gate revenue is capped the minute your season form is processed. It will always be less than the walk-up fee for attending every home game (not to mention the frees). If sharing were in place, then so long as the total price that you spend on away tickets exceeds what your season costs, your impact on Celtic's revenue is a net positive.

Fans who don't go to away games will only be worth 50% of their previous revenue to CFC. But you're not one of them.

The Bafta Comedy Awards have named Rangers' administrators Duff & Phelps UK

Corporate Restructuring Advisor of the Year.

Bafta Comedy Awards spokemen, Lenny Henry, said the award “recognises Duff &

Phelps as the UK’s leading Corporate Restructuring Advisor”.

The award winners were selected from nominations from the publication's

32,000 global subscribers, “who assess the quality of service received rather

than the size of billings” ACQ said.

Duff & Phelps was also named the Turnaround and Restructuring Advisory

Firm of the Year UK and Debt Advisory Firm of the Year UK for the second year

running at last night's Bafta Comedy Awards.

Duff & Phelps partner and Rangers' joint administrator Paul Clark said:

“The awards highlight outstanding performers across the professional services

spectrum and celebrate the best advisors working across the world – as

identified by the readers of Pie and Bovril.

“It is a real achievement for us to be recognised, not only locally, but also

on a global scale by our peers, and one in which our entire team can take great

pride”.

Clark was a co-founder of Manchester head quartered insolvency firm MCR until

it was bought out by Duff & Phelps last October.

Duff &Phelps are currently facing three separate enquiries in relation to

their handling of the Criag Whyte's takeover of Rangers and alleged conflicts of

interest surrounding the firms appointment by Whyte as administrators of the

club.

Fixed your post

Gordon Waddell saying we're in the shit with only 4 weeks to go. This goes back, again, to Haudit and Daudit (remember them) dragging this out. They should have dumped half the palying staff on 14th Feb and then CVA or liquidation at the split, allowing RFC time to reorganise.

They were a pathetic bunch of ponces.

Dundee: about 15 staff (9 players?) out within days. Sorry, forgotten CVA company.

Rangers: 2 leave of their own accord.

It's as if Rangers were too big to have a really serious crisis. It's all fine, really...F**k off.

After our experiences, I wanted to see them suffer. I wanted blood! And now they're paying the price. Pissing about has cost them millions in lost transfer fees. D&P should be put out of business.

Gordon Waddell saying we're in the shit with only 4 weeks to go. This goes back, again, to Haudit and Daudit (remember them) dragging this out. They should have dumped half the palying staff on 14th Feb and then CVA or liquidation at the split, allowing RFC time to reorganise.

Damn out of greenies! But agree here. If HMRC had sent their own guys in they would have wielded the axe from day one with a mass culling of staff and players and running Oldco by paying only the leccy bill. If the authorities had then punted them to Div 3 with immediate affect back in February with a huge fine, transfer embargo, and whopping 40 points deduction for the season then I think there would be considerably less disquiet (putting it mildly).

Listening to sportsound, since when did scottish players need international clearance to play in ENGLAND????

ohmy.gifMibee im being mr thicko here, but i'd never heard of that beforeohmy.gif

I don't KNOW the answer but I'd guess it's do do with the "Home Countries" all being separate entities in FIFA.

Maybe it's a new rule?

1341065528[/url]' post='6388587']

I don't KNOW the answer but I'd guess it's do do with the "Home Countries" all being separate entities in FIFA.

Maybe it's a new rule?

You need international clearance to transfer from one FA to another. It's the same for players transferring in and out of Swansea and Cardiff despite being in the same league as the team they came from/ went to.