Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

So when these clauses were inserted couldn't they have been inserted in the case of Rangers/Celtic ditching us for England/North Atlantic League but protect the league itself in the case of one or both of them going tits up an being relegated?

SPL Chairmen are fucking geniuses by the way.

You need to give notice to leave. Not to go bust.

This thread started out with eo much promise and for a while was a good laugh but now it is becoming one depressing story after another.

It looks like at the end of all this nothing will have changed re the old firm. Their stranglehold on Scottish football will be stronger. Rangers will be back in the SPL if anything more unbearable than before having got away with screwing HMRC and other creditors out of millions.

As for the rest of the clubs they will have been scared into keeping quite if they know whats good for them, don't upset the old firm or else.

Please cheer me up by telling me I'm wrong

This thread started out with eo much promise and for a while was a good laugh but now it is becoming one depressing story after another.

It looks like at the end of all this nothing will have changed re the old firm. Their stranglehold on Scottish football will be stronger. Rangers will be back in the SPL if anything more unbearable than before having got away with screwing HMRC and other creditors out of millions.

As for the rest of the clubs they will have been scared into keeping quite if they know whats good for them, don't upset the old firm or else.

Pipe down, Nigel. This is no time for panty-wetting.

Let me get this right...99% of sponsors have a get out clause if there is no Rangers in the SPL..and these sponsors have said they will pull out if Rangers are not in the SPL, sounds like shite

I agree I smellllll !.

There is no way large corporate sponsors will pull out,because it's political suicide for brand names in Scotland and these corporations are shareholder run and profits a paramount.

These corporations also get TAX BREAKS for sponsoring sport in the UK which means they have to sponsor something else ASAP to maintain their tax returns as a profit boost.

Just think of the media headlines when wee Jimmy goes to an SFA funded football practice only to be told that "it's been closed down son because Persil pulled out" or "Vauxhall motors felt that because the newco was not playing in the SPL ASAP they were now sponsoring snail racing in the North pole because there was more money to be made there because at least 100,000 orcs wouldn't be seeing their advert but they would watch snails in the snow races".

Scare mongering again.

Such anger. You know....... sometimes you have to accept progression. I hope you get the funding before you lose your mind

Never a Celtic fan.....

I did say earlier this morning that the next couple of days would see a propaganda offensive launched at our clubs and fans, it was to be expected

Presumably the SPL chairmen think their fans' heads button up the back here. This scenario has been unfolding for months and on July 2nd they come out with this guff.

Send them packing, boycott every single mealy-mouthed sycophant who lets them in.

I can actually believe this story. I'd been thinking that they might vote them back in because they just expected the SFL to take them. The fan backlash was what was making me reconsider that opinion, but am I the only one thinking this sponsors stuff is just an excuse for the eventual yes vote?

Apparently these clauses were factored into the contracts because certain clubs in the league are always banging on about joining the English league, or the Atlantic league, or the magical European NeverNever League.

This is just rubbish.

Given that there has never been a remotely realistic prospect of either of the OF going down south an insertion into any given sponsor's deal about 'should Rangers and/or Celtic leave' would have been prescient in the extreme. Until February this year there was no need for such a clause...it would have been like getting a specific insurance policy for your football ground in case of destruction by runaway zoo animals.

Which sponsors anyway? You mean to say that a Paisley businessman would be happy to back his local team unless somehow games v the Glasgow teams were not forthcoming? How does that work? Were his sponsorship deals only worth having for three, maybe four games a season then? Wouldn't he just want to reach his target audience of people likely to buy his product?

It doesn't make sense on any level.

If we're speaking national sponsors, then again, we'd have to assume a ludicrous level of foresight, but even given that are we to believe that such is the worth of 50k punters to your audience that you'd instantly turn your back on the other c.100k if that smaller proportion suddenly became untenable and walk away completely from your target market? What kind of business model is that?

My answer would be: none that exists in the real world.

Edited by Cobardon

laugh.gif Spoilt children. The chairmen will make the SPL marketable and that means the OF derby and you lot back to leeching off the big two

Yeh maybe we should become more bigoted and try and steal some of the big twos loyal fans

This is just rubbish.

Given that there has never been a remotely realistic prospect of either of the OF going down south an insertion into any given sponsor's deal about 'should Rangers and/or Celtic' leave would have been prescient in the extreme. Until February this year there was no need for such a clause...it would have been like getting a specific insurance policy for your football ground in case of destruction by runaway zoo animals.

Which sponsors anyway? You mean to say that a Paisley businessman would be happy to back his local team unless somehow games v the Glasgow teams were not forthcoming? How does that work? Were his sponsorship deals only worth having for three, maybe four games a season then? Wouldn't he just want to reach his target audience of people likely to buy his product?

It doesn't make sense on any level.

If we're speaking national sponsors, then again, we'd have to assume a ludicrous level of foresight, but even given that are we to believe that such is the worth of 50k punters to your audience that you'd instantly turn your back on the other c.100k if that smaller proportion suddenly became untenable and walk away completely from your target market? What kind of business model is that?

My answer would be: none that exists in the real world.

Plus why build that in to agreements, makes no sense...maybe scaring us to allow a div 1 place as seen as a fair punishment

Edited by LordHawHaw

Presumably the SPL chairmen think their fans' heads button up the back here. This scenario has been unfolding for months and on July 2nd they come out with this guff.

Send them packing, boycott every single mealy-mouthed sycophant who lets them in.

I never thought the day would come...........but.........I agree with VT

It's a no lose situation for the diddies. Either Rangers die or we are free from having to support teams who have no ambition except to be feeders for the OF's bigotry.

Either Rangers die or the gutless, spineless clubs that allow them to survive die. I am quite content for Killie to die if this scum are voted back into the SPL by our chairman because the whole league will be a sham. Anyone attending a game next season with Rangers back in the SPL is simply an OF fan by proxy.

Edited by KillieJimbo