Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Why does everybody think that enough SFL chairmen are going to roll over and even admit Sevco to the SFL now?

They've been thr eatened, intimidated and bullied up until now and it's likely to increase in the run up to the vote. The way i see it, Longmuir, Regan and Doncaster have only infuriated most SFL chairmen with their arrogance and have probably done more to ensure a no to newco vote than anybody else could've hoped for.

Think the worry is more that suits are actively trying to circumvent them by turning a vote for sfl three into a dbl promo or spl teo being imposed...its buttery corrupt league fixing which to me is worse than Italian match fixing

Thought it was quite clear from the east Stirling statement that rangers would be in the league below spl next year. Only doubt was whether it would be the spl2 or div1

Would prefer div1 myself.

Not really sure why fifa would get involved in this. Have they been involved with newcos not being punted to the league of the fans choice before?

This will only get passed if the SFL representatives are not strong enough to resist it. If a majority of clubs opposes it it will not pass. When will people realise the SFL board is accountable to the clubs not vis versa. All it requires ahead of the meeting is for two or three of them to publicly call for the resignation of Longmuir and the real debate will start.

As for the bit that 'negotiated and reached agreement with' the SPL, if my club has been complicit in agreeing a deal or giving concessions to acheive this they can f**k off.

As I said earlier in the week, Scott Struthers gave the impression that the SFA or the SFL can act as a body, regardless of the clubs wishes, and place Newco wherever they like.

First stumbling block to that is that I read on SevcoMedia earlier that they reckon the EGM of Dumbarton's Board this morning resolved to support Cevco FC for placement in Division 1 (Dunno is we have anyone who can confirm that???)

Yes, can confirm that, vote apparantly 2:1 in favour of newco to first division

Told big play on the fact that Dumbarton could lose £90,000 this season (included £60,000 withdrawal of the SPL/Sky money which i'm told CAN'T be withdrawn).

Edited by Wokcomble

As I said earlier in the week, Scott Struthers gave the impression that the SFA or the SFL can act as a body, regardless of the clubs wishes, and place Newco wherever they like.

WHATS THE FUCKING POINT IN A VOTE THEN .FRIDAY 13th JULY2012,

THE DAY THE FOOTBALL DIED mad.gif

(not shouting at you Owsleywink.gif) just at things in general !!!

For any expats who haven't found a uk proxy to get access to BBC Scotland, here's (most of) today's offerings:

Unfortunately I only managed to record the 2nd half of Off The Ball, but it's the bit with Alex Thomson:

http://soundcloud.co...he-ball/s-YXF4D

Sportsound was mainly an extended Jim Traynor whine, but somewhere after 50 mins, Stephen Pressley offers some sense:

P.S. Exceeded my limit with Soundcloud, so deleted Jim Traynor, collatereral damage took out Elvis too...

Edited by welshbairn

I think my response to that was 'pish'. It's still my response. Don't know how many times I have to say this, the governing bodies are accountable to their members, it's not the other way around. One thing is certain, Longmuir, probably in conjunction with Regan and Doncaster, is getting the nod from somewhere. I can only hope there are a few SFL chairmen with balls and a wee bit of money who are on the 'phone to their own lawyers and to the SFL on Monday.

I think my response to that was 'pish'. It's still my response. Don't know how many times I have to say this, the governing bodies are accountable to their members, it's not the other way around. One thing is certain, Longmuir, probably in conjunction with Regan and Doncaster, is getting the nod from somewhere. I can only hope there are a few SFL chairmen with balls and a wee bit of money who are on the 'phone to their own lawyers and to the SFL on Monday.

It's looking more and more that he was right, sadly. They are bending the rules left, right and centre.

I think Fiorentina formed as Florentia Viola or something then got the history back somehow, I'm not sure. I looked up the league tables as someone said FIFA had objected. Don't follow you regarding East Stirling specifically.

Cheers re fiorentina. My point re board simply awarding an instant dbl promotion is setting a precedent and if it can be awarded to one team then any team could demand it and litigate to be given a promotion. Point being once you decide that league placings are not decided on merit once...you are open to having to do it again...and again.

I do hope someone tries a legal challenge to this. Its the only language these b*****ds understand.

Can any shareholders of clubs try a legal challenge, I wonder? Or are we back to the ruling that you can't take your own National Assoc. to the civil courts?

no entry, to first div. I thunk that THE RANGERS, will take a years respite and not enter any team , this new season, and start next year.

and green will sell off to the highest bidder, and watty will take over with breathing space to set up a sound basis for THE RANGERS to come on strong.

IMO 8)

Why does everybody think that enough SFL chairmen are going to roll over and even admit Sevco to the SFL now?

They've been threatened, intimidated and bullied up until now and it's likely to increase in the run up to the vote. The way i see it, Longmuir, Regan and Doncaster have only infuriated most SFL chairmen with their arrogance and have probably done more to ensure a no to newco vote than anybody else could've hoped for.

The proposals are not a David Longmuir production, the SFL management committee will have approved, if not written, the document sent to the clubs. The board represents 8 member clubs in the league with at least one representative from each division. In pessimistic mode, I fear that the sevco XI will be playing in the second tier of Scottish football next season, whether it is SFL 1 or an already drafted SPL 2 prepared by SPL/SFA, connived at by the SFL board and which cuts adrift the present SFL 3

Cheers re fiorentina. My point re board simply awarding an instant dbl promotion is setting a precedent and if it can be awarded to one team then any team could demand it and litigate to be given a promotion. Point being once you decide that league placings are not decided on merit once...you are open to having to do it again...and again.

SFL rules set-out how promotion/relegation works between divisions. Unfortunately, a loophole exists: it doesn't specify that some joining has to go into the Third one!!

I do hope someone tries a legal challenge to this. Its the only language these b*****ds understand.

If no rules are broken, though...?

SFL rules set-out how promotion/relegation works between divisions. Unfortunately, a loophole exists: it doesn't specify that some joining has to go into the Third one!!

If only there were a rule about pissing me off. I could sue the arse off Doncaster, Ogilvie, Traynor, Regan, Longmuir and Tim Henman,

my view of the future

newco to SFL1 , sevco fans not happy& dont turn up & sevco go into administration on Feb 14th 2013

another newco is set up & admitted directly into the SPL.................

In which case any team can declare themselves a newco and demand promotion or more accurately access to sfl one

Protest at Hampden this Friday, folks?

If the ball gets rolling and something gets organised, I can make it to Hampden. 10.30 am for their 11 o'Clock start.

In which case any team can declare themselves a newco and demand promotion or more accurately access to sfl one

Well, a club not already in membership could, but the rules also state the divisions each consist of 10 clubs. It's only since Dunfermline/Dundee are moving-up that there's the ability to admit Rangers directly.