Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Thats the way I see it , its not if Sevco and the former Rangers are/were not adverse to bending a few rules

Not bending or breaking any rules. :rolleyes:

Rangers actually agreed to this 'punishment' as part of them being given their membership even after winning a court case against the SFA. A 'punishment' that was for the 'crimes' of the Old board of the old co. If anybody has broken / bent rules if is the SFA but don't let facts get in the way of your wee dig at Rangers

Granting the loophole was just part of the horse trading involved in Rangers getting their registration and the SPL getting their highly lucrative tv deal, as Charlie said it was quite murky but thats what we've come to expect from the SFA and SPL now.

We held some aces, the SFA held some aces and so did the SPL.

Dheny i'm not going through all that, in brief..

Blackmailing would be " your no getting in unless you waive the right to over £2.3m" but i'm sure deep down you know whats what despite your everythings pure Rangers fault so it is protestations.

Forgot to mention in my last post, Rangers were also 'granted' the right to apepal the EBT decision as part of the negotiations. A no win situation for everyone involved.

Clearly, there were odd 'trades' all over the shop... of which only a few are a transfer embargo that starts when the transfer window closes; the TV deal and whether or not SFL really got good value with £1M; the various investigations; the - disputed - terms for paying football debts; "unbroken history" insofar as transferring existing membership; one could even add Rangers being 2 of 5 parties in 'negotiations' in the first place.

Even the timing of the announcement, minutes before the Olympic opening ceremony, looked bad.

Unfortunately it all adds-up to the dissatisfaction and disillusion felt by Rangers fans, and for differing reasons, other fans. And depending what happens with EBTs/2nd contracts/etc. there could be a lot more to come.

Edited by HibeeJibee

As a Rangers and a Football fan I really want to get past this whole episode and concentrate on simply football again

I believe the SFA and SPL and SFL bodies actually want this even more than Rangers ;)

I hope that Rangers dont try to exploit any weakness in the embargo, the general view and purpose of the ban was that we should not be able to sign any more players before Jan 2014, this should be followed and deviation from this would reflect badly on my club even if there are loopholes left open

But i am probably also being naive too

I cant agree Tedi. The Rangers are banned for 12 months from signing players and they will respect that ruling...they have little choice...but as soon as that 12 months is over we are well within our rights to sign players and i hope we take full advantage of that and strengthen the squad further. If we don't get at least 3 in over the next day or so we will badly need these players

I cant agree Tedi. The Rangers are banned for 12 months from signing players and they will respect that ruling...they have little choice...but as soon as that 12 months is over we are well within our rights to sign players and i hope we take full advantage of that and strengthen the squad further. If we don't get at least 3 in over the next day or so we will badly need these players

Your cheating b*****d of a club will not be able to sign another player until the transfer window opens in January 2014. You should think yourself very lucky that they have been permitted to sign any players at all during the current transfer window.

SFA Statement on Rangers Appellate Tribunal

The Scottish FA can tonight clarify the position surrounding the outstanding Appellate Tribunal related to Rangers FC Oldco.

It has been agreed with Sevco Scotland Ltd that the registration embargo will be accepted as a primary condition of a transfer of membership.

It is necessary to complete the judicial process following the determination by Lord Glennie in the Court of Session that required the Independent Appellate Body to revisit available sanctions relating to Oldco, having been found guilty of bringing the game into disrepute.

The Scottish FA indicated to Sevco Scotland Ltd that they had to accept responsibility for any sanctions arising out of this case as a condition of transfer of membership.

Rather than convening the Appellate Tribunal to determine from the sanctions available to it, the company directors of Sevco Scotland Ltd have chosen to accept the 12-month registration embargo. This embargo will begin on 1st September 2012 and end on 31st August 2013.

Sevco Scotland Ltd have also undertaken to accept all other outstanding conditions relating to Oldco's charges of bringing the game into disrepute. The conditional offer of transfer will now be submitted to the Appellate Tribunal for its consideration. This will form part of the approval process for the transfer of membership which, once approved, will enable Rangers FC to take a considerable step towards participating in Irn Bru Division Three.

In addition to the above, the Scottish FA has also received the necessary financial information requested and this is being considered as part of the application process.

Subject to the completion of all legal documentation, we anticipate transfer of membership next week.

The imposition of conditions relating to transfer of membership was made on the basis that the Scottish FA, as the governing body, has an obligation to protect the integrity of the national game and to ensure that all member clubs operate within the Articles of Association.

Edited by Itwiznaeme

Clearly, there were odd 'trades' all over the shop... of which only a few are a transfer embargo that starts when the transfer window closes; the TV deal and whether or not SFL really got good value with £1M; the various investigations; the - disputed - terms for paying football debts; "unbroken history" insofar as transferring existing membership; one could even add Rangers being 2 of 5 parties in 'negotiations' in the first place.

Even the timing of the announcement, minutes before the Olympic opening ceremony, looked bad.

Unfortunately it all adds-up to the dissatisfaction and disillusion felt by Rangers fans, and for differing reasons, other fans. And depending what happens with EBTs/2nd contracts/etc. there could be a lot more to come.

The right of appeals was a big concession from the SPL, they were adamant that we had to waive those rights. I wonder just how far Rangers will take those newly gained rights?

Can see this dragging on for a few years yet.

Ah the return of the old deadline :D

Tomorrow, Chucky gets baws felt by SFA.

Friday - shut of transfer window so they are stuck with what they have for 18 months :D

Monday - start of the month that will contain the BTC verdict.

I have missed the deadlines, but then again so did the SFA, SFL, D+P etc etc..........

Still no word on the first one, is this us back to the good old days of missed deadlines?

Still no word on the first one, is this us back to the good old days of missed deadlines?

Chico says 3 match suspended for Sally, with Chucky still to emerge.......

I'm probably missing something here, but I'm not sure why Charles Green's Rangers think they were ever entitled to any prize money for the Oldco's SPL finishing position.

I mean, let's skip right past the question of whether the Newco is entitled to claim moneys owed to the Oldco. One fact that isn't in doubt is that Craig Whyte funded the team by not paying tax. In other words, Rangers gained an advantage by bringing the game into disrepute.

No doubt this has been done to death, but that should most certainly mean they forfeit any prize money they gained via intentional mismanagement.

Chucky gets a censure.......big deal for inflammatory comments :angry:

I would recommend that all SPL and SFL Chairman now let loose on the SFA. Call them bigotted cheating, incompetent barsterds. I mean it's not as if the SFA would be able to do anything after letting chucky away with it...:blink:

Anyone got Turnball Hutton's number? 8)