Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

In the real world it was called common sence, 50000 paying fans are not going to be turned away, are you stupid ?

In your world its called denial

I watched you work yourself into a complete frenzy about this, you are officially now a jakey

Youngsy sees right through you, despite your alluring words, every bear does you are one of "them" easy to spot

Bang on about this all you like, tell your story a hundred different ways, the fact you spend hours dreaming up new ways to convince yourself, is the biggest waist of time I have ever witnessed, funny as hell, you endorse the fact you are trying very hard to deny

It will never make a difference, the SFL, BBC and now UEFA all endorse continuation ;)

The X Factor gets about 3 million viewers a week does not make it the nurturer of the greatest talent it is set up to gleam money from as many as possible.

If those people kept away from their phones it would not exist , your the same good for making a few quid from that is it, plenty on condescending platitudes to keep the punters happy.

Edited by FinnesTON

Ok .. show me a club that followed the exact same process within the jurisdiction of the UK , you know the country in which the old Rangers ply it's trade .. the country in which they follow the governing rules that apply to them.

With the same level of proof that has been posted about the old gers ,, including a copy of the Companies House records.

Middlesbrough F.C. They were order in July 1986,re-formed as Middlesbrough Football and Athletic Club Ltd. in August 1986,formed by the purchase of Blackplay Ltd.My link My link All history recognised from 1876.

A few quid more? for what? watching football?

Nah this season is a few quid less and a lot more enjoyable

We all pay money to be entertained and I have never minded paying this money to Rangers

My bill for watching Football is somehow a few quid more than what other supporters are paying at their clubs?

You really think your money is going to the club? laugh.gif

So Green is saying that the SPL can't take titles off them because they are no longer in the SPL.

Why don't the SPL just wait until SevCo are back there and then remove the titles???

Come to think of it, didn't Lance Armstrong get his titles removed from him recently...........and he's retired?!?!?!?!?

I don't think any football fan would have a problem with continuation if the debts were paid in full, even at this stage.

The behaviour of The Rangers Football club is absolutely appalling, I thought this new club was looking forward to making "new friends". They appear to be the same big ugly bullies the former club was.

I doubt my club would still be in Scottish Football had it behaved like either oldco or newco, despicable! :angry:

Nope as SFA are the avenue for appeal I think.

Btw as I just posted in the youngsters sign 5 year deal thread, Chucky and his lawyers cant even get that right :D , McKay is 17.............

:lol: :lol: :lol:

This is the club whose support believe every word coming out of them. Sevco can't even sort out player contracts properly. If they can't get the details of the essentials correct how the feck can anyone believe their rhetoric about continuation?

Charlie Green and his followers seem to believe that if it suits their agenda it's , true. If not ignore it.

Edited by stonedsailor

Middlesbrough F.C. They were order in July 1986,re-formed as Middlesbrough Football and Athletic Club Ltd. in August 1986,formed by the purchase of Blackplay Ltd.My link My link All history recognised from 1876.

The Middlesborough history was never formally recognised as a continuation, like Sevco they just claimed it, only Borough had the decency to wait until no-one noticed before stealing it.

boro-old-crest.gif

May have been posted already but there are about ten pages since I last checked. Good stuff from Roger Mitchell in the Herald today:

Link - http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/does-green-actually-buy-this-stuff-lets-take-a-look.18857922

Does Green actually buy this stuff? Let's take a look

Roger Mitchell

For someone who claimed the Scottish Premier League was a really bad idea a few weeks ago, I found myself surprised that I felt the strong urge to defend my former organisation in the face of the bombast from Charles Green.

inShare0Custom byline text: Roger Mitchell I truly hope by the time that this is read, someone officially representing the SPL will have done likewise. I ask myself, does Green actually buy this stuff? Let's take a look:

Claim 1 Rangers ceased to be subject to the SPL's rules when they were ejected from their league.

Contextual targeting label: Block list Fact Rangers oldco was not ejected from the SPL. The fact that Rangers went into liquidation automatically expelled them from the league. The SPL shareholders then decided not to make an exception and let them back in. Two very different things.

Claim 2 The outcome of the SPL's process will have no legal effect.

Fact What the SPL are deciding upon is whether their tournament and their trophy was assigned to the correct club in the years in question.

The SPL have every right to examine whether participants in their competition behaved within the rules. And if they find they haven't, they can apply their rule book as recourse. More Green nonsense.

I do, however, agree with him that "whatever decision they reach is a decision of the SPL". Indeed. But the SPL should be proud of that, and not hide behind the Law Lords.

The SPL are examining the conduct of the participants in their competition well before Rangers went into liquidation, in particular the conduct of the club then owned by Sir David Murray, with the club secretary role (in charge of those player registrations) held by Campbell Ogilvie (whatever happened to him?). Charles Green and Sevco have nothing to do with this. Whatsoever.

Claim 3 The new owners purchased all the business and assets of Rangers, including titles and trophies.

Fact Green said on June 2012 that if his CVA proposal was to fail (which it did) and Rangers were to be liquidated (which they are), "the history, the tradition, everything that's great about this club is swept aside".

Therefore he admits he has not purchased titles and trophies. Sevco has no titles and trophies.

By the way, Charles, I would not provoke commentators like me to dig this up, because what you said is not what the Rangers fans want to hear now, as you now correctly realise. Let it lie, Charlie, let it lie.

So, even one with a leaning towards Govan would argue that, under the most superficial scrutiny, Green's attack is less than robust. But sometimes you have to chuck a dog a bone. So, to be fair, Charlie is right with his complaint on the SPL's lack of consistency,

Green states: "The SPL took part in discussions regarding the new company's league status, where 'the EBT issue' would be dealt with as part of a package of sanctions which would be implemented in return for membership.

"We do not accept that people who are willing to come to an agreement on such matters then have a right to instigate a full-blown inquisition when matters do not unfold as they thought they would."

Sadly this falls into the general shambles of the management of the affair by the SFA/SPL. I made my own view clear on the leadership of both bodies in the summer. But I cannot see how the credibility of the current process on a simple point of law over false registration of players with Employee Benefit Trusts (being handled by independent top QCs) can be derailed by claims that the prosecutor behaved incoherently months earlier.

Good debating point, Charles, but it's not enough. Instead, all of us who love the game and who hold true sporting values in our hearts have a simple question: Did Rangers oldco gain unfair advantage by registering players on a basis where their full employment conditions were not declared to the SPL/SFA?

In my mind the answer is undoubtedly 'yes'. But let's not forget the lessons of Versailles: bloodlust rebounds.

The SPL enquiry punishment doesn't arouse great passion in me. And it shouldn't either for Celtic fans. For them I'd argue the victory is in the fact that their greatest rival died.

The 125-year long struggle ended with the collapse of the adversary. The war was won. Achilles vanquished Hector.

In closing, from Mark Anthony onwards history tells us that well-crafted oratory can influence the mob.

While Charles Green is no great speaker or statesman, I must admit, he is no dummy. And there is no doubt that his audience is the mob, whose money and favour he needs in order to exit the Rangers investment project with a financial return.

Stoking up hatred has always energised "the base", another example of which we saw in the Republican convention in these days.

Well done, Charles. Initial Public Offering of shares here we come.

For Scottish football, the days of enlightenment around the Tommy Burns funeral are long gone, and I fear the worst.

Roger Mitchell saying what those of us not a drone in the sevco hive already know and agree with.

Maybe Green , if he really has bought the titles, could sell them singly on ebay to the fans. Tedi could then claim to have won the spl on his own. :-)

Don't forget that he wouldn't name his 20 investors until after the cva had been sorted out. :-)

May have been posted already but there are about ten pages since I last checked. Good stuff from Roger Mitchell in the Herald today:

Link - http://www.heraldsco...a-look.18857922

Does Green actually buy this stuff? Let's take a look

Roger Mitchell

For someone who claimed the Scottish Premier League was a really bad idea a few weeks ago, I found myself surprised that I felt the strong urge to defend my former organisation in the face of the bombast from Charles Green.

inShare0Custom byline text: Roger Mitchell I truly hope by the time that this is read, someone officially representing the SPL will have done likewise. I ask myself, does Green actually buy this stuff? Let's take a look:

Claim 1 Rangers ceased to be subject to the SPL's rules when they were ejected from their league.

Contextual targeting label: Block list Fact Rangers oldco was not ejected from the SPL. The fact that Rangers went into liquidation automatically expelled them from the league. The SPL shareholders then decided not to make an exception and let them back in. Two very different things.

Claim 2 The outcome of the SPL's process will have no legal effect.

Fact What the SPL are deciding upon is whether their tournament and their trophy was assigned to the correct club in the years in question.

The SPL have every right to examine whether participants in their competition behaved within the rules. And if they find they haven't, they can apply their rule book as recourse. More Green nonsense.

I do, however, agree with him that "whatever decision they reach is a decision of the SPL". Indeed. But the SPL should be proud of that, and not hide behind the Law Lords.

The SPL are examining the conduct of the participants in their competition well before Rangers went into liquidation, in particular the conduct of the club then owned by Sir David Murray, with the club secretary role (in charge of those player registrations) held by Campbell Ogilvie (whatever happened to him?). Charles Green and Sevco have nothing to do with this. Whatsoever.

Claim 3 The new owners purchased all the business and assets of Rangers, including titles and trophies.

Fact Green said on June 2012 that if his CVA proposal was to fail (which it did) and Rangers were to be liquidated (which they are), "the history, the tradition, everything that's great about this club is swept aside".

Therefore he admits he has not purchased titles and trophies. Sevco has no titles and trophies.

By the way, Charles, I would not provoke commentators like me to dig this up, because what you said is not what the Rangers fans want to hear now, as you now correctly realise. Let it lie, Charlie, let it lie.

So, even one with a leaning towards Govan would argue that, under the most superficial scrutiny, Green's attack is less than robust. But sometimes you have to chuck a dog a bone. So, to be fair, Charlie is right with his complaint on the SPL's lack of consistency,

Green states: "The SPL took part in discussions regarding the new company's league status, where 'the EBT issue' would be dealt with as part of a package of sanctions which would be implemented in return for membership.

"We do not accept that people who are willing to come to an agreement on such matters then have a right to instigate a full-blown inquisition when matters do not unfold as they thought they would."

Sadly this falls into the general shambles of the management of the affair by the SFA/SPL. I made my own view clear on the leadership of both bodies in the summer. But I cannot see how the credibility of the current process on a simple point of law over false registration of players with Employee Benefit Trusts (being handled by independent top QCs) can be derailed by claims that the prosecutor behaved incoherently months earlier.

Good debating point, Charles, but it's not enough. Instead, all of us who love the game and who hold true sporting values in our hearts have a simple question: Did Rangers oldco gain unfair advantage by registering players on a basis where their full employment conditions were not declared to the SPL/SFA?

In my mind the answer is undoubtedly 'yes'. But let's not forget the lessons of Versailles: bloodlust rebounds.

The SPL enquiry punishment doesn't arouse great passion in me. And it shouldn't either for Celtic fans. For them I'd argue the victory is in the fact that their greatest rival died.

The 125-year long struggle ended with the collapse of the adversary. The war was won. Achilles vanquished Hector.

In closing, from Mark Anthony onwards history tells us that well-crafted oratory can influence the mob.

While Charles Green is no great speaker or statesman, I must admit, he is no dummy. And there is no doubt that his audience is the mob, whose money and favour he needs in order to exit the Rangers investment project with a financial return.

Stoking up hatred has always energised "the base", another example of which we saw in the Republican convention in these days.

Well done, Charles. Initial Public Offering of shares here we come.

For Scottish football, the days of enlightenment around the Tommy Burns funeral are long gone, and I fear the worst.

Personally I have never liked Roger Mitchell much, I though the SPL would be the death knell of Scottish football.

However this is a belter of an article and addresses many points far more eloquently and with much more authority

than most on here. Well done Roger. (God I never, ever thought I'd say that).

Don't forget that he wouldn't name his 20 investors until after the cva had been sorted out. :-)

To be fair there was no way he could name 20 investors until 20 of them bought their season tickets.

We all pay money to be entertained and I have never minded paying this money to Rangers

My bill for watching Football is somehow a few quid more than what other supporters are paying at their clubs?

Aye wait until you see your annual accounts before beating your chest in triumph.

Well good luck in reaching the 1st division and then stagnating but this won't happen it is fantasy to deflect your old clubs actions.

I've had a look at the OP (I know you're a stickler for this), and I'm not seeing the word "more" in his statement. Surely your reading comprehension isn't as poor as your writing skills, or your basic arithmetic when it comes to stars for SPL titles? laugh.giflaugh.gif