Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

No idea, I dont pay for cup games ;)

You mean that you get in as a ST holder?

Just that would mean around 9k+ "loyal" supporters didn't turn up to a game they'd already paid for? Or do only certain STs include cup games?

The mindset of the ibrox acolytes becomes ever harder to understand.

Seriously, Tedi, can you explain this phenomenon? I mean, the old "we always get a drop for cup matches" sounds a bit hollow when it's the only major trophy they're still in.....

This from CQN earlier: http://www.celticnewsnow.com/news/stories-behind-the-rfc-buy-outs/58204

The Share Purchase Agreement between Murray and Whyte confrimed that the initial tax assessments on the scheme were received by Rangers in the period February to April 2008.

The following year they received another assessment (presumably for the prior year) in March 2009, and again in March 2010.

My reading of it is that Rangers continued to use the EBT scheme following the first determinations in Feb-April 2008 for the precedung 8 years, and thus the 2009 and 2010 assessments were for the previous year’s contribution.

Taking a fag packet and a blunt pencil to it, 85% of the total value of the EBT bill was received in the determinations Feb-April 2008 calcualted against contributions of £41M in the previous years, from a total of £46.7M to 2010.

A Penalty notice was received in September 2009, coincident with the appointment of Alistair Johnston as Chairman.

Miller, Velicka, Lafferty, Bougherra, Mendes, Edu and Davis were all signed in the summer of 2008 for a value (source soccerbase) of £17 Million, a short number of months after the first tax determinations totaling around £20 Million were received.

If any of these players were indeed on EBT enhancing deals, the stupidity is confounding.

Thanks to Mark Daly (and RTC by extension) we now know that Davis received £600,000 in EBT benefits, while Mendes enjoyed a whipping £1 Million. Both had side letters.

See http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-18148818

By summer 2010, with all Tax demands received, appeals against the initial £36M tax and interest lodged and due heard October, David Murray’s business utterly ruined, no sight of a buyer after Andrew Ellis had shuffled off, and Lloyds supervising the business, the Board decided it was a good idea to spend £4M on Jelavic.

My vocabulary is insufficient to find the words to describe the behaviour of these people.

This from CQN earlier: http://www.celticnewsnow.com/news/stories-behind-the-rfc-buy-outs/58204

The Share Purchase Agreement between Murray and Whyte confrimed that the initial tax assessments on the scheme were received by Rangers in the period February to April 2008.

The following year they received another assessment (presumably for the prior year) in March 2009, and again in March 2010.

My reading of it is that Rangers continued to use the EBT scheme following the first determinations in Feb-April 2008 for the precedung 8 years, and thus the 2009 and 2010 assessments were for the previous year’s contribution.

Taking a fag packet and a blunt pencil to it, 85% of the total value of the EBT bill was received in the determinations Feb-April 2008 calcualted against contributions of £41M in the previous years, from a total of £46.7M to 2010.

A Penalty notice was received in September 2009, coincident with the appointment of Alistair Johnston as Chairman.

Miller, Velicka, Lafferty, Bougherra, Mendes, Edu and Davis were all signed in the summer of 2008 for a value (source soccerbase) of £17 Million, a short number of months after the first tax determinations totaling around £20 Million were received.

If any of these players were indeed on EBT enhancing deals, the stupidity is confounding.

Thanks to Mark Daly (and RTC by extension) we now know that Davis received £600,000 in EBT benefits, while Mendes enjoyed a whipping £1 Million. Both had side letters.

See http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-18148818

By summer 2010, with all Tax demands received, appeals against the initial £36M tax and interest lodged and due heard October, David Murray’s business utterly ruined, no sight of a buyer after Andrew Ellis had shuffled off, and Lloyds supervising the business, the Board decided it was a good idea to spend £4M on Jelavic.

My vocabulary is insufficient to find the words to describe the behaviour of these people.

Aww did the big bad Rangers upset the wee boy ? Dry yer eyes ya p***k !

But it does show continuation

I am sure Wiki would disagree with you, but hey you are entitled to your opinion

Wow missed this, surely if tru then the whole world of Internet warriors would be up in arms threating boycotts for the corruption in the SFL, but wait I cant find anything, nobody has even reported them? shocking

You never heard about the £1M TV rights paid to the SFL to let Sevco in and pretend they were Rangers. The best bit being as associate members Sevco don't get a share either. If I was a diddy supporter of Sevco I would be up in arms but my big diddy team are ICT, remember the team that taught your lot how to play football, SPL players in the third division my arse. The Sevco team must have picked up a few tips if they put in 7 in a match?

Edited by stonedsailor

I would imagine the papers will have quotes tomorrow, but this is apparently what Green said yesterday.

CG spoke for 40 minutes yesterday in Ibrox, here are some of of his comments.

1 - He met with Sky last week and refuses to sign up to the new sky deal which ends in two years !

2 - Rangers only receive approx 700k from TV money at present.

3 - All footballing debt have been paid apart from the 31k to Dundee Utd which he has a letter confirming would be paid by the SPL.

4 - They have agreed a fee of £1.3 million with Loyds for the purchase of the Albion carpark therefore canceling the lease which ran till 2025 at over 300k a year.

5 - The management team are currently looking at a list of players who will be out of contract next summer but would be availabe as free agents from Sept 1st 2013, CG plans to sign them up on a pre contract agreements next year.

6 - Rangers owed hearts the remainder of the Lee Wallace fee, Hearts were so desperate for the money eventually offering a 100k discount if we paid the cash two weeks ago.Thats why the couldn't pay the wages.

7 - Projected turnover for this year is 20 million. Next year 40 million.

8 - Share issue prospectus to be made public in a 21 page document end of this coming week or just after.

9 - Over 20 pension fund groups have an intrest in the share issue.

Corporate roadshow to start this week re share issue Glasgow, Edinburgh

and then London for seven days.

10 - He once again stated that we have no debts and are cash rich at the

moment and expecting to make a 6 million profit from the retail arm now

JJB are out the way.

11 - Hinted at League reconstruction being masterminded by the SFL not the

SPL as he predicts the SPL will go bust without the Sky deal which he

refused to sign.

12 - Soon to be another bust up with SPL over Rangers tv broadcasts.

Doncaster says we need their permission which will undoubtably mean

money to those c unts.

13 - CG stated he thinks SFA will declare him not a fit and proper person to

be CEO of Rangers because of his constant war with them.

14 - CG insists there is a potential to make a 100% profit on shares for all

new share holders.

15 - SFA and SFL not interested in stripping of titles only the tarriers at the

SPL pushing for it. He will fight it all the way.

16 - He is considering taking legal action against the SPL and SFA over the

agreement to allow us a Liscense to continue playing football.

Decision was taken under duress he says at 9.30pm before Brechin

How can a CEO make that statement without falling foul of the FSA, AIM, Companies House or wherever? Unless he also said that there is also a potential to make a 100% loss, of course?

That Green stuff is mind boggling. Any zombie who ploughs his dough into this deserves all thats coming. Complete lunacy.

No Normal season tickets do not include any cup ties

Fair enough, but I still reckon a near-50% drop in attendance should be a concern. Certainly a change from the "world record" claims that were being bandied about at the beginning of the season. Especially as I assume the tickets were still reasonably priced.

Will rangers' share of the gate (after police/ambulance cover, etc.) even cover the wage bill?

Can't help but think Charlie's banking on the share issue being successful to see them through the season, and he can't be too confident after that. He needs a full ibrox to maintain the "big club" illusion.

£1m thats it? and the vast majority of viewers tuning into watch SFL games, seems more like a rip off than a bung, if this is the strength of the argument then it is no wonder nobody is raising the issue

I know, it gets better too, the SPL teams take a share of Sevco matches' TV rights from ESPN and Sky but Sevco get zilch. Good eh?

You could view it like this. Your special season ticket subsidised your humiliation at the hands of ICT.

Edited by stonedsailor

I would imagine the papers will have quotes tomorrow, but this is apparently what Green said yesterday.

How can a CEO make that statement without falling foul of the FSA, AIM, Companies House or wherever? Unless he also said that there is also a potential to make a 100% loss, of course?

That Green stuff is mind boggling. Any zombie who ploughs his dough into this deserves all thats coming. Complete lunacy.

:D It may all be over soon, the cash has dried up. The bit about Hearts offering a £100,000 discount if they paid the cash 2 weeks ago, well I am sure Green would have did that if he had the cash at the time.

:D It may all be over soon, the cash has dried up. The bit about Hearts offering a £100,000 discount if they paid the cash 2 weeks ago, well I am sure Green would have did that if he had the cash at the time.

What i dont understand about this whole thing with Green, is why if you end up debt free, cash rich, commercial sponsors throw money at you with 100% profits on the shares and doubled turnover all within a year all at the same time as dictating how the league and tv deal gets reconstructed while holding on to all your titles and history, more teams don't try this liquidation lark? Seems like a good business strategy to me laugh.gif

He's a shyster and they are going to be sore when they realise it. I'd even have some sympathy if they were going along with it reluctantly as they have no choice but they are revelling in getting behind this man. laugh.gif

Yes has to go down as the worst bung ever accepted

oh i saw your edit, yes it seems getting pumped by ICT motivated the players either that or a stirring speech by Ally :huh:

Anyway good to see you went on from this to another fine victory on Saturday, Sheils was raging mind you

Shiels was practicing his Sevcoesque interview technique.