Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

We are all Brian from Bridge of Don.

laugh.gif brian brian brian.

Was a lovely moment to hear, just wish it had been a webcam show of Chick Young and Tom English. To see them both squirm a little would have been classic stuff. It really showed Chick out to be an unintelligent guff, if we didn't know already. Had he not had Tom English there to bail him out it would have been a clear knockout in the first round. biggrin.gif

You would expect any journalist to trawl forums like these for public opinion, especially if you are doing a live phone in show. It was his almost surprise at being asked a question as in his little world of 'mistaken exclusives' and pie eyed delirium of reality, he is king and master and believes in the utter garbage he writes and says.

They did manage to weasel their way round the questions so eloquently put to them and had no excuses to cut Brian off, so after yabbering complete bollocks for a few minutes they used the great 'get out' of we dont want to answer your questions so we are going to cut you off as you are going round in circles. huh.gif

Really great bit of radio, i kind of wish it had been Traynor and Chick on the show. smile.gif

Got round to listening to the five live show of last week, bloody hell.................... huh.gif what a strange bit of coverage. Does Hateley even have the slightest clue of what is going on? bizarre choice of pundit. Used to sometimes like Pat Nevin but he seems to have fallen into 'tow the party line' stuff, and obviously he has a better understanding of what has been going on than most on that programme and erred to a couple of the major points that kept on getting brushed over, but not enough IMHO.

We shall see what happens this week. dry.gif with the win yesterday, the administrators have the perfect smokescreen to make some serious decisions that may have caused problems before. Will they take this chance, probably not.

laugh.gif brian brian brian.

Was a lovely moment to hear, just wish it had been a webcam show of Chick Young and Tom English. To see them both squirm a little would have been classic stuff. It really showed Chick out to be an unintelligent guff, if we didn't know already. Had he not had Tom English there to bail him out it would have been a clear knockout in the first round. biggrin.gif

You would expect any journalist to trawl forums like these for public opinion, especially if you are doing a live phone in show. It was his almost surprise at being asked a question as in his little world of 'mistaken exclusives' and pie eyed delirium of reality, he is king and master and believes in the utter garbage he writes and says.

They did manage to weasel their way round the questions so eloquently put to them and had no excuses to cut Brian off, so after yabbering complete bollocks for a few minutes they used the great 'get out' of we dont want to answer your questions so we are going to cut you off as you are going round in circles. huh.gif

Really great bit of radio, i kind of wish it had been Traynor and Chick on the show. smile.gif

Got round to listening to the five live show of last week, bloody hell.................... huh.gif what a strange bit of coverage. Does Hateley even have the slightest clue of what is going on? bizarre choice of pundit. Used to sometimes like Pat Nevin but he seems to have fallen into 'tow the party line' stuff, and obviously he has a better understanding of what has been going on than most on that programme and erred to a couple of the major points that kept on getting brushed over, but not enough IMHO.

We shall see what happens this week. dry.gif with the win yesterday, the administrators have the perfect smokescreen to make some serious decisions that may have caused problems before. Will they take this chance, probably not.

They totally, and probably deliberately, mis-understood his point. Chic kept going about making an honest mistake and correcting what he'd said, but the actual point was that, had he been doing his job properly, he would have asked Ogilvie directly whether or not he had an EBT, but didnt because the Scottish media dont ask those sorts of difficult questions.

Surprised no one has commented on today's telegraph article yet. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/st-mirren/9166363/Gary-Withey-controversy-puts-St-Mirren-board-in-turmoil.html

'I've rarely watched the demise of a business with pleasure but this is one of those rare occasions.

Aside from gubbing Glasgow Uni 15-0 what have we done to deserve your ire :unsure:

A few weeks ago I could not get the tune "Singing in the Rain" out of my head as I polished up my grave dancing shoes reading this thread while it poured outside.

With the weather now glorious - my internal jukebox needs a new tune - any last requests?

They totally, and probably deliberately, mis-understood his point. Chic kept going about making an honest mistake and correcting what he'd said, but the actual point was that, had he been doing his job properly, he would have asked Ogilvie directly whether or not he had an EBT, but didnt because the Scottish media dont ask those sorts of difficult questions.

I still find it strange that every single episode of Sportsound, available for download an hour or so after each evening show and usually condensed into 30 minutes (ish), has been available without problem - except of course, the show where Chick was contradicting himself from the night before.

Just seeing the article there that barrysnotter posted, reminded me that I listened to a wee bit of the pregame coverage on 5Live yesterday - Pat Nevin, Roddy Forsyth and (I think) Mark Saggers. Forsyth was outstanding, Nevin was trying to put the point across that the football financial bubble is cyclical so MUST burst at some point, and Saggers was terrible. Absolutely having none of it, was incredulous at the thought that English football could even be remotely at risk, and in between times, was madly peddling the line "look around you Pat. I mean, look at this scene. There's no way this can't survive".

Forsyth raised one point that I couldn't quite get my head around - he must surely have it wrong - but in 2008, when Rangers and Zenit contested the UEFA Cup final, the combined debt of the two clubs was £33m. The same season, Manchester United and Chelsea were in the CL Final - and their combined debt was £1bn+.

Far from it Stu. Wrong end of the stick, in fact, wrong stick.

Aye I know, just messing.

If Withey was shown all St Mirren contracts I take it he knws about the EBT ones the SFA don't have :ph34r:

Some more reasonable analysis at

This includes the following

So Where does that Leave Rangers at the Start of Next Season?

It would have a squad of players it could not afford. It would need to cut costs drastically. There would be no prospect of a credit line from any bank. Therefore, it would have to run on the income it generated. The Ticketus deal removes the majority of the season ticket income. And all of this has still not paid a penny to the outcome of the Big Tax Case.

To escape from administration in a positive way, D&P need funds to put into the pot for a CVA. Even ignoring the HMRC publicly declared policy which leads me to believe they would oppose all but the most generous CVA's (and by that I mean something like a 90p in the pound deal – which is clearly not going to happen), I see no way in which the existing club can generate money to offer to creditors.

In fact even if the Ticketus deal had been unravelled by the court, it would not really help much. Whilst Rangers would get all of its season ticket revenue, it would just have increased the pool of creditors by in excess of £30 million, as Ticketus will look not just for return of its capital investment, but also for its profit, if Rangers breaches the contract.

We are looking at a pot of creditors exceeding £100 million.

Will the Blue/Yellow/Winganadaprayer/YankeeChancers/Everest Knights be able to dig they way out of this? Or will they just dig a bigger hole?

Edited by thelegendthatis

A few weeks ago I could not get the tune "Singing in the Rain" out of my head as I polished up my grave dancing shoes reading this thread while it poured outside.

With the weather now glorious - my internal jukebox needs a new tune - any last requests?

Not weather-related, but I give you:

You Should Be Dancing - Bee Gees

Even Gers fans themselves won't be able to stop their toes tapping to that particular ditty.

This. I like a bit of irony! :P

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17516796

Looks like the cracks are appearing,

And they mention 5 bidders - Thought Kennedy was out if Ticketus was still in ???

Thank f**k the trogladyte derby is over. Now we can get back to laughing at Rangers.

Regardless of the Court of Session ruling I can't see Ticketus going down without a fight for 24 million quid. If their options are taking 10 or 15 pence in the pound or going to appeal I'm pretty certain it will be the latter. Cue further lengthy delays, exactly what Haudit and Daudit and the prospective buyers don't want.