Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

There is no glory if no-one believes that you won those competitions fair and square. Regardless of how much you stamp your feet.

There's very little genuine glory attached to any of their domestic achievements anyway.

Similarly, It'll make very little difference to how Rangers fans view their 'achievements' - I can see shirts defiantly sporting '54' on the back already.

It'll also do little to lower how the rest of us see them - there's not a lot of wriggle room left.

If it's enshrined in the records that they didn't win them though, I'll happily settle for that.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

There's very little genuine glory attached to any of their domestic achievements anyway.

Similarly, It'll make very little difference to how Rangers fans view their 'achievements' - I can see shirts defiantly sporting '54' on the back already.

It'll also do little to lower how the rest of us see them - there's not a lot of wriggle room left.

If it's enshrined in the records that they didn't win them though, I'll happily settle for that.

I'd like the history books amended too. Outsiders who don't know the ins and outs of Scottish football should look at the records, see that the titles were stripped and it should be clear why.

I know that there'll be no acceptance by Rangers fans if this is to happen. Defiance has become embedded in their mindset as much as triumphalism and arrogance is.

But, if the titles (as assumed before) are won fair and square there is no option for the rest of us but to have a grudging respect for that fact. We can not like it, but it would be true and we have to accept it. If the conversation, with a Rangers fan, comes up we have had no argument.

Now though, if faced with the stereotypical, belligerent teddy bear, they can shout and scream as much as they want but we know that they cheated. We know that everyone else knows it too. We know that if the shoe was on the other foot that they would know it. Deep down and in their darkest moments, they know it.

Basically everyone connected with Scottish football knows that Rangers cheated, and I like that.

I'd like the history books amended too. Outsiders who don't know the ins and outs of Scottish football should look at the records, see that the titles were stripped and it should be clear why.

I know that there'll be no acceptance by Rangers fans if this is to happen. Defiance has become embedded in their mindset as much as triumphalism and arrogance is.

But, if the titles (as assumed before) are won fair and square there is no option for the rest of us but to have a grudging respect for that fact. We can not like it, but it would be true and we have to accept it. If the conversation, with a Rangers fan, comes up we have had no argument.

Now though, if faced with the stereotypical, belligerent teddy bear, they can shout and scream as much as they want but we know that they cheated. We know that everyone else knows it too. We know that if the shoe was on the other foot that they would know it. Deep down and in their darkest moments, they know it.

Basically everyone connected with Scottish football knows that Rangers cheated, and I like that.

And died as a consequence.

I like that. :D

And died as a consequence.

I like that. :D

And left their deluded fans grasping at any crumb of comfort thrown to them by an English shyster boosting his retirement fund. While becoming a byword for bitter, aggressive fools.

While breaking World Records. In Division Three.

While boasting of a multi-million pound warchest to roar "back" (laugh.gif)to the top league. Which their owner says they won't play in.

While threatening to sue foreign authorities for not letting them in

I like that.

You see, I don't quite accept this.

It's easy to assume that everyone is as interested/informed/obsessed as we are, but they're not.

Very few football fans (even - in fact especially - Rangers ones) I talk to about this have much of a handle on the details of it at all.

If 'cheating' is not enshrined in the records, most people simply won't know about it.

You see, I don't quite accept this.

It's easy to assume that everyone is as interested/informed/obsessed as we are, but they're not.

Very few football fans (even - in fact especially - Rangers ones) I talk to about this have much of a handle on the details of it at all.

If 'cheating' is not enshrined in the records, most people simply won't know about it.

Those are whom the record books must be changed for the benefit of. They have but a passing interest and are not up to speed with the goings on.

I'm pretty sure that the active football fans of Scotland know that Rangers cheated. Unless they've been living under a rock, they should.

He also went on to give the reasons for that loss and that we will be in proft next year if we retain our current level of ST sales.

Seriously, what are the reasons? That STs haven't been costed high enough?

Edited by Mad Capsule

I'm pretty sure that the active football fans of Scotland know that Rangers cheated. Unless they've been living under a rock, they should.

Wishful thinking I'm afraid, mate.

Even among fans, most are reliant on the MSM. The subtleties of the case will only be apparent to relatively few.

What I have noticed on here is that people seem to think it was Rangers who got a favourable outcome at the FTTT especially Rangers fans.Not so ! it was MURRAY INTERNATIONAL HOLDINGS that got a huge tax bill from the HMRC and appealed not RANGERS.

111 EBT sub trusts of which 109 were active and only 80 where dismissed at the FTTT leaving 29 cases admitted too before the FTTT.

Rangers fans banging on about winning the FTTT get a grip because you do not know to which cases MIH admitted liability too before the FTTT and paid the tax on them,if they have admitted to players contracts for Rangers then it will definitely mean the SPL commission will go against the old club.

It was the club who gave the players a sub trust to be paid through MIH which is the third party here and there are side letters to proof that players will receive a certain amount of money on a certain date and the dates coincide with being paid into the sub trust after transfer windows closing.If MIH has pleaded guilty to any players sub trust before the FTTT then all will surely go against them at the SPL commission.

Whilst being technically a loan in the eyes of the law it would appear that the loans were written into a contract a separate contract that Rangers actively went out of their way to hide from the SFA and this is what the commission will be looking at.There are 53 players side letters that were shown as evidence at the FTTT,that's ten short from the total amount of players who received a mandatory loan written into a contract.

It's the contracts the SPL commission is looking at and not if tax was due.If money was paid into the trust as stated in the contract then that's what going to against Rangers.The commission won't be bothered by the FTTT ruling in favour of MIH but only on the side letters of which there are 53 players side letters as well as evidence from players and agents who testified that these payments were of a contractual nature.

I'd agree, but I'd swap the football punishments for David Murray and a few of his cronies doing jail time for financial skullduggery*. That's more because I've got a bee in my bonnet about billionaire thieves cashing out of the financial crisis with fortunes in the bank, while millions of ordinary folk worldwide have lost their jobs and public services are getting monstered by the self-same politicians who were in bed with the thieves in the first place.

David Murray is of a piece with those jokers that were nicking millions by manipulating exchange rates IMO, and the lot of them should get a holiday in HMP Barlinnie for it. Not jailing them leaves other wealthy rip-off merchants with the idea that they didn't do anything too wrong, and were only unlucky to get caught. If they'd stolen a fraction of those sums at gunpoint or made it by selling drugs, they'd be doing eight years each and the coppers would've emptied their bank accounts and flogged their motors by now.

*If they're found guilty, Teds.

Edited by flyingrodent

Inspired by rediscovering the ''Oor Billy' skits I went back looking at the pisstakes from years ago, which included the great Govan Chronicles.

Have a swatch at Ibrox for sale ad at the very bottom :D , remember these were done 6 fecking years ago, but somehow seem oh so recent.

66cbv2x.jpg

Edited by wunfellaff

But you all said you wanted to go to the bottom tier of the league?

You don't want to be in the SPL either, which is the, "top league".

How do you square these contradictions?

Whit contradiction? Not only do I not want to be in Div 3 now, I want Rangers fast-tracked back to the top league.

Plenty of other Rangers supporters disagree with me.

smile.gif

That surely would be a wet dream up Govan way, I'm sure. Speaking for myself, I'd probably get over it round about the seventh time my team horses yours six-nil on the bounce, just because you don't have enough money to compete. By the fifteenth time, it would be nothing but a distant memory.

Oh no, wait - you're going to win the SPL, aren't you? Even though you don't want to participate in it.

Sorry, I forgot.

I really hope you and the other plastics believe when we're back that we wont be able to compete with the sporting wing.

And not only do I not care what the top league is called - I'd take a return next weekend if it was on offer. The quickest, fast-trackiest, f**k fake integrity way the better.

smile.gif

I really hope you and the other plastics believe when we're back that we wont be able to compete with the sporting wing.

And not only do I not care what the top league is called - I'd take a return next weekend if it was on offer. The quickest, fast-trackiest, f**k fake integrity way the better.

smile.gif

You tell him, wee man. Cracking result today, by the way. No wonder you're confident. A couple more share issues to buy players for Div One, then Europe Beware! laugh.gif

smile.gif

will you be trying to compete on an even playing field next time?

No gaining advantage by aquiring a better than you can afford squad by dodgy double contract shenigans.

maybe need another share issue to create a warchest.....

Whit contradiction? Not only do I not want to be in Div 3 now, I want Rangers fast-tracked back to the top league.

Plenty of other Rangers supporters disagree with me.

smile.gif

That's very honest of you.

We can ignore your, "lol" smileys at the end of your posts from now on. Seeing as how you're not actually laughing out loud at your predicament and are actually quite unhappy about it.

I'm sure many here will be happy to know that your defiance is exactly that. Knowing that a, "bear" is hurting is nice.