Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Can't see creditors accepting a CVA of 10p in the pound when potential owners are promising to renegotiate players' contracts (upwards) to keep them at Ibrox and bring in at least 4 new players to strengthen the side. How much is this going to cost? £20M?. And how are they going to eliminate the permanent 10 million overspend they have at the present moment if they are going to increase wages?

Maybe they've got an idea from Formula 1 where drivers in lesser teams get sponsors to pay the team to let them drive for them. :lol:

How many pennies in the pound did Motherwell and Dundee (twice) agree to?

In Motherwell's case it was paid over a number of years, maybe as many as 7, and I think amounted to something like 29p in the £. The vast bulk of that was due to John Boyle himself and he waived his payments. Dundee's was something less than that maybe around 10p in the £??

Apologies for starting another thread about Rangers troubles as I'm looking for some specific info that may already have been addressed in the 400+ pages already existing. Hopefully someone with a working knowledge of the law can provide answers.

Rangers potential liability to HMRC seems to be growing by the day. Can anyone tell me if David Murray personally (or anyone else ?) is liable to face criminal charges for attempting to defraud HMRC ? Is there evidence of tax evasion rather than attempted tax avoidance ? If found guilty what sentence could be dished out ?

Thanks.

I enjoyed it. Dispassionate, knowledgeable analysis seemingly without agenda.

Obviously, I enjoyed the bit at the end when she implied that they were totally f@cked the most. laugh.gif

I watched it this morning on iPlayer. The woman was simply reiterating the HMRC stance that has been previously reported but largely ignored. The administrators, supporters and commentators just don't want to face up to this reality.

It reminded me of 10 seconds into the following.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5_NJmEn8Tw

I never really minded Chick Young before all this kicked off. Now I think he's actively terrible at his job. The lengths to which he's gone to stick his head in the sand are incredible.

I don't even think he's really a Rangers fan - I think he's just so committed to the way things have been done in the Scottish game that he reflexively leaps to their defence at every opportunity.

As far as I'm concerned he's lost all credibility.

My thoughts exactly.

I would suggest that the Newsnight feature tonight was the most brutally honest, realistic, and thoroughly enjoyable media representation of the Rangers situation thus far.

Bravo!

saw a similar thing on sky news a good few weeks back where an accountancy and tax expert was being questioned. he was from london and had no interest in football etc and he said at that time "liquidation looks inevitable".

come on get it done already!!!!

Their attitude is appalling, they have the whole victim thing down as much as Celtic do - treated like vermin? by who? D Murray & C Whyte maybe but not by anyone else. I wonder exactly what they expect the SFA & SPL should do for them, If they are treating them so badly? What do they actually think they could do that they aren't?

Maybe someone can explain this to me as I dont get it. The media keep saying that if Rangers go into liquidation then creditors get f**k all so they will vote for a CVA as 20p in the £ is better than nothing. But surely if Rangers are liquidated then the assets are sold off to pay creditors, and with assests of £125M creditors will get more with Rangers vanishing off the face of the planet?

This. In these fiscally straightened times, it is in the best interest of the taxpayer - every one of us - that Rangers' £125 million of assets are sold off in their entirety, and the club liquidated. No messing around with pennies in the pound. Perhaps a template e-mail campaign can be set up to point this out to anyone relevant to the process at HMRC, sports journalists and of course every poltiician who weighs in with their belated sympathies for Scottish football's equivalent to Enron.

I'd like to start the bidding for a rubbish stadium in Govan at 25p.

Edited by vikingTON

There would have to be documented proof of tax evasion, or some sort of credible grass from within Ibrox, to make charges like that stick.

If found guilty of tax evasion on such a Byzantine scale a jail term of 5 - 8 years would be meted out. In 1987, Lester Piggott, the famous jockey, was jailed for 3 years over a £3m tax fraud.

It won't happen though. Minty Moonbeams is too well connected.

Edited by Ivo den Bieman

I watched it this morning on iPlayer. The woman was simply reiterating the HMRC stance that has been previously reported but largely ignored. The administrators, supporters and commentators just don't want to face up to this reality.

It reminded me of 10 seconds into the following.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5_NJmEn8Tw

Which stance is that? I have completely lost track, I can't remember if what I read was in rangers media or on here, I can't remeber if what I watched & listened to was on rangers media bbc scotland, SSN or C4.

On the site that keeps on giving :

I know this seems a bit early but I have full confidence we are now enroute to a fairly swift recovery.

That in mind we must always remember how we have been treated.

When we regain OUR title I want to see some payback.

If Doncaster or Regan attempt to hand trophy and soak up the photos I want to see Davis simply take the trophy and walk off to the Rangers fans with the rest of the team. We will have our party but those c**** are getting sidelined.

Would also like to see us boycott Tannadice to teach s harsh lesson. I know that is a hard one but it is a one off.

Also hope any new owner spends on a proper party. I'm talkin fireworks to let them all know The Rangers are back.

Finally our entire squad give the media in Scotland the bare contractual minimum.

I don't feel this is petty for we have been treated like vermin.

1. You are treated like vermin, because you ARE vermin.

2. I am all for the fireworks display at Ibrox, just make sure you have NOT paid the insurance premium.

3. And the players giving the media the contractual minimum. Because you sign uneducated clowns they cannot speak for more than in 10 seconds with a list of cliches. Not since Brian Laudrup have you had anyone who can speak understandable English.

4. The above post shows why Scottish education needs an overhaul (assuming the poster is grown up). Ingrained stupidity combined with bigotry is a sad but dangerous mix.

Edited by thelegendthatis

I would suggest the new owners should make Balotelli their marquee signing in order to piss away more money they don't have on wages thus keeping ra peepul happy and you know the rest with who should be in charge of the firework display.

Job done.