Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

In other news in a move that everyone should welcome.

The police are officially investigating the leaks from HMRC with regards to Rangers tax documents.

If laws have been broken then the perpetrators should be punished.

Anyone who has leaked confidential information deserves the book thrown at them, i wonder if RTC and Philip MacMadeupname will come to their rescue?

Edited by bennett

Would be a problem if it was true, but you got this wrong.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19120224

It was conditional on completing the "legal documentation" pertaining to the transfer of the SPL share to Dundee

Every season there is a team relegated from the SPL. Does this team have to get a conditional membership while "legal documentation" pertaining to the transfer of the SPL share to the promoted team is completed? Dunfermline were relegated last season. Did they get a conditional membership while their share was transferred to Ross County? Does this wait for completion of the "legal documentation" pertaining to the transfer of the SPL share only affect the team being relegated? Does the promoted team retain their full membership? If so, why?

The independent panel were nothing to do with the continuation position, this was not in their direct remit, they were were just confirming that they had the power to fine the newco due to the fact that continuation was a reality.

There is nothing spurious in the SFA`s statement

I am talking about the panel which made the decision that the arbitration process re player registrations which Rangers entered into as a club did not transfer to newco. Now the way I see it, please point out where my logic is skewed as it obviously is, if the players were registered to the club then whomever is in control of the club would take up that process. The players are registered to the club within the SFA so if the club transferred so did the players and the arbitration process.

This will be tested further when newco apply to the SFA for a new arbitration but as I see it, as it stands, the SFA have appointed a panel to help them rule on their own articles of association and that panel have told them that there is no continuation according to their rules.

and Albion rovers will play in what division?

I've no idea which division they play in right now :lol:

After a qucik check ..... without reconsturction we'd be in a tier above them, while with reconsturction we'd in the same league as them.

Reconstruction along the 1 - 7 - 8 - 8 - 18 is unworkable, i'd rather stick with the status quo and not ruch anything through this season.

The BBC have been entirely inconsistent through the whole episode, to date they have issued at least 3 errors due to editorial mistakes.

I used the BBC article to save me having to dig out the SFA statement in full.

A statement read: "The Scottish FA can confirm that The Rangers Football Club Ltd have today received confirmation that full membership of the association has been transferred."

Yes....transferred ....... from one club to another......

Because the companies running them have not been / are in the process of being liquidated.

It is all pretty simple really.

But are the clubs not members (of the SPL)? The SPL share belongs to the club, no?

As I said I said at the start this panel met to discuss employment contracts transferring from oldco to newco, I have no knowledge of this, they did not sit down and say "ok lets decide of Rangers are still the same club"

The continuation to me anyway was linked to the transfer of the existing SFA membership and this position was made crystal clear in the statement dated 27th of July, this was not unique and had happened to other clubs in other associations.

The panel was set up, not for the employment contracts issue, but for the compensation issue. They did not sit down to make that decision, you are correct, but their decision that newco had no claim to continue the arbitration process says exactly that. In my skewed logic. I just want to know why I am wrong.

Edited by stonedsailor

But are the clubs not members (of the SPL)? The SPL share belongs to the club, no?

Clubs cannot legally own anything. That's why they have to be structured as a legal entity, possession is 9/10s of the law.

wrong, it was the company that were in administration and Sevco were a company who were the new owners of the Rangers football club.

As confirmed by the SFA statement dated 27th July.

I am not bothered if you accept the statement but the statement is the facts.

There is only one club that has died since the start of 2012.....fact :)

Yes....transferred ....... from one club to another......

Wrong,the transfer of membership was from The Rangers Football Club PLC to Sevco Scotland subsequently re-name The Rangers Football Club Limited. So the club continuity continues with transfer of membership. It's happened in other member football associations of UEFA,The SFA are no different in this with other football associations. You can look and research this,you'll find that UEFA recognise continuation of clubs who have been in this situation in various countries.

Clubs cannot legally own anything. That's why they have to be structured as a legal entity, possession is 9/10s of the law.

And as Tedi has said plenty of times, they are legally no longer the same......

Nothing to do with transfer of SFA membership`s though which again I state is the crux of continuation.

If there was SFA continuation then the players would still be registered with the SFA to Rangers. Rangers would then be able to gain compensation for the registrations being transferred to other clubs, the transfer of membership, if the membership was the club, would include any processes the club had entered into, I believe.

Which club and where do the SFA (our governing body) confirm this.?

They weren't your governing body at the time this club died, so don't concern yourself lil fella.....

Are you still on here trying to pretend that you are the same club? What a pity.

Rangers FC were liquidated. Fact.

The Rangers FC were formed and applied for entry to the SPL, which was denied. Fact.

The Rangers FC applied successfully to the SFL and were granted access to the lowest tier - as any new club joining the league before has. Fact.

Face it, Rangers FC are dead. The club you now support are nothing more than a phoenix club which rose from the ashes of the dead one.

It's over, the history is gone. Move on.

Edited by Lex

Another lie you continue to perpetuate.

Please post the 1 instance and I will post all of the times I corrected you.

^^^ rattled, I believe is the saying.

Oldco Newco

The matter of continuation was nothing to do with the employment panel the matter of continuation was confirmed by the SFA when they transferred the membership this was clearly when they issued the statement of the 27th July.

Tedi forget about employment, this is all about the registrations, we are not talking about the legal side, legally Rangers are in liquidation. We are discussing the rules of football, why is there continuation within footballing achievements but not in the processes which the club have entered into?

Oh well must be a completely different club then, not like you to be off topic is it?

Bingo, bango, bongo,......by George tedi has finally got it.