Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Are you still on here trying to pretend that you are the same club? What a pity.

Rangers FC were liquidated. Fact.

The Rangers FC were formed and applied for entry to the SPL, which was denied. Fact.

The Rangers FC applied successfully to the SFL and were granted access to the lowest tier - as any new club joining the league before has. Fact.

Face it, Rangers FC are dead. The club you now support are noting more than a phoenix club which rose from the ashes of the dead one.

It's over, the history is gone. Move on.

I think you'll find that it is "The Rangers Football Club Public Limited Company" that is going through the process of liquidation. The clue is in the word "company". As has been said many times,UEFA recognise continuation of clubs history that has had their owner company liquidated, Rangers are no different in this recognition, the transfer of SFA membership demonstrates this, if this was a new club then there would have been a new membership number granted, so no matter how much you dislike it, the record books of the Scottish Football Association will show that the continuation of the historical timeline is fully recognised from 1872 going forward in the years to come. That's the way it is,you may not like it but tbh you and i don't matter in the equation of it all, the footballing authorities are the people that matter.

a handy list of some clubs that died... because there seems to be a lot of confusion still

Third Lanark

Airdrieonians

Gretna

Rangers

Can you point out which of the clubs' mentioned have had SFA Membership transference,therefore keeping the club ongoing?

So does the company own the trophies ?

According to The Rangers supporters, the company runs the club so surely everything the club wins belongs to the company ?

Does Ibrox belong to the club or the company ?

Yes

Yes

Who knows if it even belongs to either? Did Bomber ever find those deeds?

When did your club die?

Ah the 80`s, forgot about that.

The Dons are very much a continuing entity.

Albeit one that continues to exasperate their supporters.

But we're always hopeful of better days and maybe adding to our 4 titles. Which is 4 more than The Rangers have.

So if the 'Old company running Rangers' owned the trophies, Ibrox etc., how did the 'new company running Rangers' end up with all these trophies ?

They were named in the list of assets bought by Sevco Scotland.

According to Tedi, those assets were "reformed" into a football club.

Edited by stonedsailor

So the company doesn't own any history, stadium etc ?

What were the 'assets' that were bought ?

'The club' is not a transferable entity.

Supposedly the club but we all know that's bullshit. I mean I know killy have a list of assets including the ayrshire cup but I bet a million pounds kilmarnock fc ain't on that list

Of course they do, they own the club.

That is just your opinion.

Wayne ;)

Wayne :huh: ?

Good to see you avoided the question on the assets.

The simple fact are that the history was bought from the old Rangers.

There is no such thing really as 'a club' the team you watch may have all of the old Rangers' history but they are not the same thing.

The Dons are very much a continuing entity.

Albeit one that continues to exasperate their supporters.

But we're always hopeful of better days and maybe adding to our 4 titles. Which is 4 more than The Rangers have.

Why do the dons list 1908 as their formation date? Aberdeen FC already existed and bought up two other clubs to merge the assets in order to gain access to the national league set up.

Chuckie blows his promotion argument out of the water by suggesting colt teams be allowed into the league. Rangers cannot have two teams in the same division so if Rangers went into the middle tier and failed to win promotion then the colt team would be denied promotion and his integrity argument is ruined. Same if Rangers reach the top tier and the colt team win the middle tier.

I am not against colts BTW, as a shinty fan too I can testify that running colt teams does work.

What do you think the pro's and con's of colt teams are, from Rangers perspective and also from everyone else's?

I'm undecided, at first i thought it was a terrible idea as firstly if we're having two extra slots for teams then surely it should go to clubs that have been waiting for ages. Gala Fairy Dean etc..

Secondly i saw a post on here, think it may have been you actually and it was about Charles's plan with the colt teams to do with going to the English leagues and i am against that.

I've no idea which division they play in right now :lol:

After a qucik check ..... without reconsturction we'd be in a tier above them, while with reconsturction we'd in the same league as them.

Reconstruction along the 1 - 7 - 8 - 8 - 18 is unworkable, i'd rather stick with the status quo and not ruch anything through this season.

Of course you would. What about the fact, next season's SFL3 winners, would not gain promotion? The line has to be drawn somewhere and a whole season of meaningless games, is surely a less desirable option than making the change now, at what looks likely to be end of season. Don't worry though, rest assured, that a combination of Green's bullying and our week Kneed governing bodies, will ensure things are done to suit your great institution. ;)

So according to Tedi they died then ?

Apparently not. Apparently reformed means it was put back together. I think it was youngsy who used reformed chicken as an example to explain the situation. I don't see it myself because I've never seen reformed chicken clucking or laying eggs.

I think Tedi just used the wrong word TBF.

Apparently not. Apparently reformed means it was put back together. I think it was youngsy who used reformed chicken as an example to explain the situation. I don't see it myself because I've never seen reformed chicken clucking or laying eggs.

I think Tedi just used the wrong word TBF.

Turkey ham is reformed, Christ knows what it is though. Certainly ain't your original turkey or pig Edited by AUFC90

So does the company own the trophies ?

According to The Rangers supporters, the company runs the club so surely everything the club wins belongs to the company ?

Does Ibrox belong to the club or the company ?

stonedsailor already pointed out that clubs don't own anything, so it looks like everything - players, ground, training facilities, adjacent car park and trophies - belong to the company.