Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

It's no coincidence that the general quality of this thread dips markedly each and every time a Celtic fan decides to post on it. Maybe it's their unabashed joy at Rangers' predicament, or perhaps an innate anxiety that they might be next, but their enthusiasm in spouting pish left right and centre is ruining an otherwise highly entertaining read.

Beat it ya tinks.

Yep. It's the usual suspects with their usual tit for tat crap. I'm surprised it's taken this long to sink to such levels actually.

This thread was about discussing the issues, which several Rangers and Celtic fans have managed to do admirably. You're trying to turn it into a personal bitchfest.

What :blink: I've been replying to posts, completely in context ...other trying to even up the thread to include Celtic is the problem in my opinion :)

This thread was about discussing the issues, which several Rangers and Celtic fans have managed to do admirably. You're trying to turn it into a personal bitchfest.

He's never been the same since Cosgrove gave him a mention...He went all Diva ;)

I like many others on here, really dont give two stuffs about either of the OF.

Celtic would rather be known for their Irish heritage (although wouldnt be too keen to bugger off to Ireland and play there), whilst Rangers want all and sundry to know how loyal they are to the queen and england.

The media (and it pains me to add Chic Young in that) would try and have us believe that Scottish football needs the OF, but I dont recall the same fervent belief when it was being banded about that the OF might be on their way to england.

All the scottish media could see was themselves sitting in the press box as Ibrox or Parkhead played home to a game against Man Utd or Chelsea etc. How they could fawn over the world class players this would bring to the OF....blah blah blah blah.

The reason that many in the scottish media are now panicking is because they have know for years what was going on but kept it under wraps so as not to bite the hand that fed them exclusives and stories. All it will take is for a player, official, director etc to be interview and say "Oh yeah, Chic, Jim, Britney, etc knew all about this 5 years ago but we asked them not to say anything..........." and it would a can of worms that could clear out most of these scribes.

It used to be the cases on Sportsound that callers would be cut off because the points they made were stupid, incoherent or just plain daft. But now they are being cut off for having valid points that the panel either dont want to face or that mean they they have to take a hard look at themselves in the mirror and ask "why did I want to be a journalist? To find the truth or just tell stories?"

Edited by PeeTeeJag

What's the up to date with the Rangers Fighting Fund? I just googled it and there's not much news about its activities since its launch almost a month ago. The official Rangers website said last week that it was standing at £300k, which is just over £6 per head for every seat in the stadium. Is it just me that thinks that's pretty crap?

What's the up to date with the Rangers Fighting Fund? I just googled it and there's not much news about its activities since its launch almost a month ago. The official Rangers website said last week that it was standing at £300k, which is just over £6 per head for every seat in the stadium. Is it just me that thinks that's pretty crap?

It's Rangers fans wanting to something...it's like pissing in the wind, shame on the administrators for pushing it too

That is not true. There is a very good chance Rangers will be demoted to the 3rd division and the entire squad released from their contracts and we will be made to start from the bottom of the senior game in this country. If this happens it will not influence in anyway my attendance at the games..I will be there 100% behind the team and the Club..The thought of not going has never even entered my head. For footballing reasons that might actually be the best thing to happen to the game as a whole in this country for decades.

Jeezo - "Bluenose talks sense" shocker.

That is not true. There is a very good chance Rangers will be demoted to the 3rd division and the entire squad released from their contracts and we will be made to start from the bottom of the senior game in this country. If this happens it will not influence in anyway my attendance at the games..I will be there 100% behind the team and the Club..The thought of not going has never even entered my head. For footballing reasons that might actually be the best thing to happen to the game as a whole in this country for decades.

Admirable sentiment No8. However the reality is most of your fellow fans will not follow suit.

If you do get punted to the 3rd or worse, and lose all your players and have to start afresh, do you seriously think that the "loyal" will still fill ibrox when they have been stuck in the 2nd or 3rd division for a couple of seasons because they can no longer afford the players to get them out of those leagues?

Or say you are cantering the leagues on the way back to the SPL and are 30 points clear at xmas and beating everyone 5-0, will fans still turn up? I very much doubt it.

Either way I guarantee that if you do struggle for a few seasons in the lower leagues all your fans from england and ireland will suddenly find something better to do with their time instead of going to a game.

This isnt a dig. Its just what happens to fans when the club they support is no longer competitive and in with a chance of winning anything of note. For example, where were all those killie supporters at the cup final when the team play in the league? Or where are all the dunfermline fans this season that were there to support "their" team winning the1st division last year?

Edited by PeeTeeJag

The Club? Which club though? If Rangers is liquidated and any new club can't use the name Rangers, which Club will you actually be supporting? Will you just deem them as Rangers and bestow Rangers honours and traditions upon them and carry on as if nothing had really happened?

I go to most away European games and I see no shame being brought on Scotland with our fans behaviour, in fact it's the opposite, just because you have a need for Celtic and Rangers to be equally culpable in all areas, seemingly including the cheat that's gone on for decades does not make it so

You believe that pish :D

Hmmm I did not imagine some years ago Celtic fans spewing and pissing in the streets in Oostende on their way to a game in Switzerland and generally noising up the locals.

Scum, vermin and dregs of society

The Club? Which club though? If Rangers is liquidated and any new club can't use the name Rangers, which Club will you actually be supporting? Will you just deem them as Rangers and bestow Rangers honours and traditions upon them and carry on as if nothing had really happened?

Thats a good point.

Could I buy Third Lanark's old ground, get a team together and call myself Third Lanark (or whatever) and then claim all the honours they won as my own? :)

It would hardly be as if nothing had happened if they start again in Div 3. I think the heritage angle is a bit of a red herring, whatever they end up being called the fans will consider it the same team, even if officially it isn't.

If you do get punted to the 3rd or worse, and lose all your players and have to start afresh, do you seriously think that the "loyal" will still fill ibrox when they have been stuck in the 2nd or 3rd division for a couple of seasons because they can no longer afford the players to get them out of those leagues?

Or say you are cantering the leagues on the way back to the SPL and are 30 points clear at xmas and beating everyone 5-0, will fans still turn up? I very much doubt it.

Either way I guarantee that if you do struggle for a few seasons in the lower leagues all your fans from england and ireland will suddenly find something better to do with their time instead of going to a game.

This isnt a dig. Its just what happens to fans when the club they support is no longer competitive and in with a chance of winning anything of note. For example, where were all those killie supporters at the cup final when the team play in the league? Or where are all the dunfermline fans this season that were there to support "their" team winning the1st division last year?

I agree. I can only speak for myself and know the people i go to the games with will still go to the games regardless of where we are playing.

On Follow Follow there was a poll asking if they would prefer the 3rd division or 3 years of the SPL with a large points penalty...The end result after 1000s of votes was someting like 95% for the 3rd division route. I would give it 3 or 4 months before the novelty wore off for many and the crowds would plummet..No doubt they will be back in years to come. Nothing i can do about that and tbh a few years without the moaning twats that sit next to me at Ibrox would be a blessing. I was just taking issue with Stoned Sailors original point about none of us being in it for footballing reasons.

As for the team i would be supporting...I suppose the new name could be Glasgow Rangers Football Club as many wrongly believe this to be our name anyway so it will make little difference.

Admirable sentiment No8. However the reality is most of your fellow fans will not follow suit.

Either way I guarantee that if you do struggle for a few seasons in the lower leagues all your fans from england and ireland will suddenly find something better to do with their time instead of going to a game

If this scenario comes to pass, what you say is inevitable.

As for the team i would be supporting...I suppose the new name could be Glasgow Rangers Football Club as many wrongly believe this to be our name anyway so it will make little difference.

There are posts from yesterday on this thread that strongly suggest a new club couldn't use the name Rangers for legal reasons. Would you therefore declare Govan FC to have won x championships etc and adopt Rangers history?

I agree. I can only speak for myself and know the people i go to the games with will still go to the games regardless of where we are playing.

On Follow Follow there was a poll asking if they would prefer the 3rd division or 3 years of the SPL with a large points penalty...The end result after 1000s of votes was someting like 95% for the 3rd division route. I would give it 3 or 4 months before the novelty wore off for many and the crowds would plummet..No doubt they will be back in years to come. Nothing i can do about that and tbh a few years without the moaning twats that sit next to me at Ibrox would be a blessing. I was just taking issue with Stoned Sailors original point about none of us being in it for footballing reasons.

To a point I do get what Stoned Sailor is getting at, and it seems neither fans of the OF actually get how much everyone else does not like followers of the green and blue. Ofcourse its not every fan as I am sure there are many reasonable fans who follow the dark side. However its the element that is in our faces all the time that makes us tired of the OF. Whether it be Lennon's snarling face moaning that the world is against them, and thereby giving voice to all those idiots that actually believe that as a fact, or Gazza playing the flute................the list in endless.

I have seen celtic fans at firhill applaud an ex-rangers keeper off the park after an outstanding display against them, but I have also had stones thrown at a crowd of us leaving ibrox after a 1-1 draw in the cup, and then have to listen to 90 minutes of bile coming from rangers fans in the replay who seemed more intent at either telling us they hated celtic more than us, that they wanted god to save the queen, or........well I think you already know the rest. And I will never forget the fat, suited **** that sat in hospitality behind us and was almost lynched by thistle fans for his behaviour.

Maybe it would be no bad thing weeding these morons out over a few barren seasons and hope they never come back.

Edited by PeeTeeJag

Maybe it would be no bad thing weeding these morons out over a few barren seasons and hope they never come back.

They'll be back just the same way as they came back in '86 when Holmes brought in Souness. For years before that i went everywhere following Rangers never having to worry about tickets then suddenly within 2 or 3 years it was a struggle to get tickets for certain fixtures. I remember talking about this at a pub in Aberdeen before a game up there and 2 guys blaming me and my mates for all Rangers troubles in the early 80s for blindly following the team and not 'boycotting' the games .

Hmmm I did not imagine some years ago Celtic fans spewing and pissing in the streets in Oostende on their way to a game in Switzerland and generally noising up the locals.

Scum, vermin and dregs of society

I hope you don't go into the toon at night