Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Sectarianism isn't a big problem in Scotland. Sure it is a problem but the truth is we're talking about small beer.

'Sectarianism' in Scotland itself is a nebulous concept that mixes ethnic identity, faux religious identity, nationalism and football.

Lots of phoney agendas riding a bandwagon for their own purposes.

Who has not got a job in Glasgow because of 'sectarianism'? Is it something that really excludes people from civic life? Is every fight between 'catholic' and 'protestant' really sectarianism or just football hooliganism?

If you have a genuine interest in eradicating Scotland's social problems then the last place you'd start is at Ibrox.

Scotlands social problems are education and opportunity.

Same as huge chunks of the UK north of Watford.

The football thing is just a diversion. A convenient one for the ruling classes who can focus people onto meaningless shite and divide the working people against each other.

'Sectarianism' in Scotland itself is a nebulous concept that mixes ethnic identity, faux religious identity, nationalism and football.

Lots of phoney agendas riding a bandwagon for their own purposes.

Who has not got a job in Glasgow because of 'sectarianism'? Is it something that really excludes people from civic life? Is every fight between 'catholic' and 'protestant' really sectarianism or just football hooliganism?

I think your application to the Vanguard Bears might now be doubtful for approval!

Scotlands social problems are education and opportunity.

Dor, I read an article in the Scotsman the other day. You can see it here:

http://www.scotsman.com/the-scotsman/education/full-exam-results-tables-from-across-scotland-1-2698277

The annoying thing is that "27 per cent achieved three Highers – also up one percentage point on last year"

In other words 73% of Scots weans couldn't manage even 3 highers in 2012 and they are boasting about it. Now THAT is shocking.

Still, it's easy for Scotland's government to focus on so-called Sectarianism while Scotland's once-vaunted education system is going to the dogs. Anyone want to hand Fat Eck a fiddle while Edinburgh burns?

Claymores, on more than one thread I have stated why people shouldn't give to Cancer Research. Even this thread around making the bet that Youngsy welshed on.

:lol::lol: Are you sure about that, don't forget a week today is the 30th June 2013. :P

What are you on about???

Be gentle - It's only Wunf. He is the 'special child' of the BRALT. He roams the interwebs and posts unmitigated shite about everything Rangers-related.

Were it not for his postings I'd be much less informed than I am.

Be gentle - It's only Wunf. He is the 'special child' of the BRALT. He roams the interwebs and posts unmitigated shite about everything Rangers-related.

Or less likely to be depressed.

Why is he saying people shouldnt give to cancer research???

I missed that and I haven't a Scooby. Still it is only Wunf and he surely can't be treated as a sentient human.

I believe it's cos he believes that Cancer Research are in cahoots with the anti-smoking brigade, said me puffing on a rollie

BUT - I still ain't a clue why that's a valid reason to deny Cancer Research money.

Edited by NotfromFifehonest

So Hately, wrote paper columns whilst on a press position job at das hoon.......

attachicon.gifRNcAM6Y.jpg

Paid by rangers and the papers he wrote for.......propaganda I think.....

£500 a week for going "WATP" , feck, follow follow owe me gazillions off the radar in that case.

So far its been revealed that Traynor,Jackson,King and Hately were all either on rangers payroll or being lined up for the PR job at Ibrox.

How about those that occur around Scotland fixtures?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/domestic-violence-rise-after-scotland-968515

Folk need to be careful in how they handle such matters. Here are a few thoughts that won't make me popular but need to be said:

Sectarianism isn't a big problem in Scotland. Sure it is a problem but the truth is we're talking about small beer.

Most sectarian offenses don't happen at football matches.

Wife-beating/domestic abuse IS a big problem. Little of it is football-related.

Racism is also a problem. Little of it happens at football games.

If you have a genuine interest in eradicating Scotland's social problems then the last place you'd start is at Ibrox.

the publication this month of the first annual statistics for the new legislation indicated 330 charges have so far yielded only 87 convictions

Hampden 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdwv_2sN2no

Looks and sounds like more than 330 folk singing that bad, bad naughty song doesn't it. So by my rigorous calculations there were more offences at one single match (involving your 'orrible lot) than inside or outside a ground for the entire history of the legislation.

Now I know the law is a fudge, poorly conceived and even more poorly enforced but the idea that Iprix is the last place you would look to deal with some social issues is just bollocks. Perhaps, in the interest of balance (your mob seem keen on balance these days) not the first, but certainly no lower down that list than second. Particularly when the sectarian divide is used as a marketing tool, see orange shirts, Lennon wearing a tricolor on his collar etc.

On a related subject do you think WATP is ok? Appropriate or acceptable for your club (new or old) to use in official correspondence? Would you think it fair for us to let it slide on the condition you stopped whinging about the 'H' moniker, your mob find so objectionable?

The national side stuff is pure unbridled whataboutery and I would have thought beneath you. There is/was an increase in domestic violence after old firm games, that is worth tackling. The fuzz had a team to address this, it had good results (or so I understand) and now there is no old firm numbers are down (again I don't have figures, but my understanding is the more pronounced weekend peaks which coincided with games are now not there). This is a good news story, your club should die more often.

Like it or not the club that resides at Ibrox is big, maybe not half a billion supporters big, but big enough. This being the case it has a social responsibility to conduct itself in an appropriate manner. Like paying its taxes for example and not indulging its wayward fans.

the publication this month of the first annual statistics for the new legislation indicated 330 charges have so far yielded only 87 convictions

Hampden 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdwv_2sN2no

Looks and sounds like more than 330 folk singing that bad, bad naughty song doesn't it. So by my rigorous calculations there were more offences at one single match (involving your 'orrible lot) than inside or outside a ground for the entire history of the legislation.

Now I know the law is a fudge, poorly conceived and even more poorly enforced but the idea that Iprix is the last place you would look to deal with some social issues is just bollocks. Perhaps, in the interest of balance (your mob seem keen on balance these days) not the first, but certainly no lower down that list than second. Particularly when the sectarian divide is used as a marketing tool, see orange shirts, Lennon wearing a tricolor on his collar etc.

On a related subject do you think WATP is ok? Appropriate or acceptable for your club (new or old) to use in official correspondence? Would you think it fair for us to let it slide on the condition you stopped whinging about the 'H' moniker, your mob find so objectionable?

The national side stuff is pure unbridled whataboutery and I would have thought beneath you. There is/was an increase in domestic violence after old firm games, that is worth tackling. The fuzz had a team to address this, it had good results (or so I understand) and now there is no old firm numbers are down (again I don't have figures, but my understanding is the more pronounced weekend peaks which coincided with games are now not there). This is a good news story, your club should die more often.

Like it or not the club that resides at Ibrox is big, maybe not half a billion supporters big, but big enough. This being the case it has a social responsibility to conduct itself in an appropriate manner. Like paying its taxes for example and not indulging its wayward fans.

Gave this fine piece a reddie rather than a greenie as intended. Apologies. will correct later.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

MT admits he has an alias. :P

You'll be the one that knows about those, Tedi, what with your sycphantic support of Bennett's campaign against this type of dishonesty. ;)

vicky-the-viking-movie-poster-2009-10205

Thought this might give you some ideas for filling the Amigo vacancy - right language and everything. :)

ETA: No idea why Vicky is referred to in the masculine - might be a gender confusion issue?

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie