Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Possible champions league windfall would come under good prospects, no? The same windfall that Rangers missing out on has all but driven in the final nail.

f**k you.

We ain't missing the credit for delivering the final nail when we wipe out their entire prize money for payment for Lee Wallace.

Taking a step back from the footballing side of things, I think it's about time we sat and looked and what is happening and what could happen because of the mess at Ibrox.

As a Rangers fan, I am livid about the situation and simply feel disgusted that we have been dragged so far into this mess. The punishments from the SFA and SPL have been fair and even, we can't argue against that, but now I do really feel for the rest of the SPL and Scottish football as a whole. Now before I get into this, I am not about to set upon an uneducated "you need us rant" so please, just read what I have to say, THINK ABOUT IT and then calmly respond. We are all (well mostly) adults here, not need to get petty.

So the facts:

As it stands, the SPL is in a state! Only 3 clubs are (effectively) debt free as of this financial year (Celtic, Hibs and St Johnstone). The rest are a mix bag of small debts with the likes of Motherwell up to terrible debts in Hearts and, well Rangers have their own chart. Having said this, for many clubs, the debts are manageable against their income and that is healthy.

Next lets look at income. For the larger clubs who gain a healthy crowd and relative success, gate receipts and prize money can go a long way. This however is not sustainable in the SPL and naturally the media (Sky, ESPN and BBC for cups) boost the income. As we all know, TV money is skewed in Scotland with the larger clubs getting a larger pot (or more the Old Firm getting the majority). This leaves the smaller teams a bit out of pocket, however it still represents one of the largest revenue streams.

Should Rangers disappear (either from the SPL or completely), the SPL would face a unique situation. In reality we all know that Sky would either cancel or renegotiate the TV deal. Sky pay for Rangers AND Celtic, it is a fact. Only having one, Sky would most likely slash their fee or simply allow ESPN to take a larger share. Regardless, the SPL as a whole would lose out on media incomes. Here comes my point and i suspect many will disagree.

Name a league with 1 dominant team that is successful both nationally and internationally. You cant. Without a fight, Celtic would (over time) begin to fall in quality. With less media income, there would be cut backs. With less success in Europe, we would have less places and thus hit a downward spiral. For the teams in debt, less media income would be tough on them and for Celtic, although they may avoid debt, they would in time become a shadow of their former self.

At the other end, however, I do see potential for a great chance. Take Hibs for example. No debt, well run and a great fan base (in the scheme of things). Less media money would obviously mean cutbacks but they are in a great place already. With less competition from the top and the larger (more in debt) teams feeling the pinch, slightly lower (and well run teams) could prosper. Should this occur, the top would fall, the bottom would rise and the league would become closer. Fantastic for many of the clubs in the leagues however the giants tend to stand together and fall together.

I may be wrong but if the tables were turned and Celtic were in Rangers position, I would be a very worried Rangers fan.

- only my opinion, calm responses would be great for once :)

I don't agree with you at all. The rest of the teams will manage just fine, though as you say, on a reduced income. Celtic will be the ones who will be biggest hit, but I also think that they'll manage their business in the proper way. The only real problem has come from your team. They deserve to be punished for what they have done. I for one hope that they do survive all of this. I would prefer that they are demoted to SFL3, and are forced to work their way back. At least they'll have the time to sort their affairs out. This happens on many countries, and it should happen here. The transfer embargo is fair. I believe Rangers will appeal this. If they fail with this, I would increase the period to 2 years.

Good one -

would be good if 10,000 rangers supporters stood outside the away grounds every week and made enough noise to get behind the team without paying a penny to the other clubs. that'd be a massive two fingers up to the SFA, having to listen to that every fortnight.

plus that way teams would still have to pay for the police etc.

scotland has pretty much (there has been some seasons outwith but not many) had one club doing well for the lifetime of me (23)

so really not much would change in that aspect

england do better than us and have 1 domninant club

No you don't. You don't feel for the rest of the SPL and Scottish football one bit. Having exhausted the "we'll do what we like" and the "we'll get yous at hometime if we don't get our way" line, now you're down to the last resort, the Snowball "But Jones Will Come Back" line, because you have nothing to lose.

Problem is, Scottish football has nothing to lose getting rid of a shower of bill-shirking cheats either.

Money that the vast majority of SPL clubs, never mind the rest of Scottish football, saw the sum total of f""k all of in comparison to the Old Firm.

So by your own admission, only Celtic would be f**ked ultimately by the Govan half of the Axis of Evil being sent down to Valhalla. So tell us why again the rest of Scottish football should be "worried" about this, rather than holding street parties? :D

well considering Celtic's vast support, along with rangers and i would include Hearts in the "soon to be fucked" category, I'd say that comfortably covers half the population (of football fans).

Good one -

would be good if 10,000 rangers supporters stood outside the away grounds every week and made enough noise to get behind the team without paying a penny to the other clubs. that'd be a massive two fingers up to the SFA, having to listen to that every fortnight.

plus that way teams would still have to pay for the police etc.

Yeah, it'd also probably be considered breach of the peace, squire.

well considering Celtic's vast support, along with rangers and i would include Hearts in the "soon to be fucked" category, I'd say that comfortably covers half the population (of football fans).

Can you explain how Hearts are "Soon to be fucked" with an owner who wouldn't let us anywhere near Administration unless he was truly skint and fancied losing £30m?

Can you explain how Hearts are "Soon to be fucked" with an owner who wouldn't let us anywhere near Administration unless he was truly skint and fancied losing £30m?

And who now has every incentive to continue with Hearts with one half of the bigot brothers going out of business and therefore one less club with friends in high places being "more equal than others".