Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Can I join in on the accounting discussion.

I'd have thought that season ticket money would be accrued income. That is, money received for services to be provided in the following reporting period.

I would understand deferred income to be monies received, such as a government grant, towards an asset. In the same way as the expense of purchase is spread over its lifetime as depreciation, the grant towards it has to be spread over the same lifetime. The element of the grant still to be used up would be the deferred income.

Cry me a fucking river. f**k HMRC.

HMRC, the cops, forensic investigators, prosecutors, judges, court clerks and administrators at every step of the way.

Every single one of them being paid to investigate Rangers' misdeeds, using resources and being paid wages that every one of us currently in employment has been paying for, for years, and will continue to pay for, for the forseeable future.

Every one of those people could be doing something more useful to the public right now, rather than being forced to sweep up the almighty mess that Rangers left behind.

So when you say Cry me a river, f*ck HMRC, you're saying F*ck everyone in Scotland who pays income tax, let them all pick up the tab for cleaning up our mess.

And while you are thankfully here and obviously an expert can we maybe go back to the initial point? I picked up on the fact that some were using an £18million bank debt figure in 2010 and comparing it to a £53 million liability figure at the time of admin. The claim was Craig Whyte had added a fortune to the debt during his time in charge. I called this out as pish as they weren't comparing like with like. Would you agree? Also they were using this £18million figure to represent the total amount Rangers owed. Would you also agree they were not correct to do so?

Oh I've always thought that using selective data from one point in time was laughable. ;)

I understand Tedi's thrust, being that the 2010 numbers were on the face of it better than 2009. The only problem being that it was too little, too late. DeadRangers had run out of road. Their liquidity was pyss poor, they had the big tax case. I also think they had lost the little tax case (£2.6m IIRC and couldn't pay that).

Their quick ratio was miles below 1.0

Essentially they were completely dependent on CL money (and the associated risks of not qualifying for the group stages).

Murray needed out, and I'm pretty sure Nookie thought he could take a chance, scrape by with ticketus, player sales and CL money, or if worst came to worst, do a quick admin switcheroo.

It was a high risk strategy that went horribly wrong.

Yours

aDONis

Still, you've got to laugh :)

HMRC, the cops, forensic investigators, prosecutors, judges, court clerks and administrators at every step of the way.

Every single one of them being paid to investigate Rangers' misdeeds, using resources and being paid wages that every one of us currently in employment has been paying for, for years, and will continue to pay for, for the forseeable future.

Every one of those people could be doing something more useful to the public right now, rather than being forced to sweep up the almighty mess that Rangers left behind.

So when you say Cry me a river, f*ck HMRC, you're saying F*ck everyone in Scotland who pays income tax, let them all pick up the tab for cleaning up our mess.

^^^^ Sponsored by .....

kleenex-ReasonWhy.es_.jpg

^^^^ Sponsored by .....

Yes Benny, I'm aware that you don't care about the expense to the public caused by your old club's demise.

Hell, maybe it's just me, and nobody else finds it at all regrettable.

And by the way, for the sixth time: What do you think Scottish football fans should've done about Rangers' liquidation, apart from asking their clubs to abide by the rules?

I think 4 of the main protagonists being arrested and charged with extremely serious offences alongside one of the box office stars having a high court arrest warrant issued on him is big news.

However I also believe that the longer this goes on the worse it reflects on Scottish Football as a whole, while many a diddy fan may believe that things are somehow now better, I think you would struggle to find many outside of Scotland who would agree with this, some of the comments coming out of England in the run up to the recent international show exactly what an irrelevance Scottish football has become.

Ach Ted. Away with your nonsense. This reflects only on Rangers. The disparaging comments about Scotland would happen anyway. Why should any of us give a shit about the ignorant, prejudice laden observations of those who know a lot less and care a lot less about Scottish football than we do?

Utter rubbish, more suited to the Bennett/No8 axis and their flawed "booming, I tells ye" analysis.

Go and tell HMRC they are the ones that went after a legal tax loophole.

I could not give a f**k who it cost and what it cost.

HMRC can go a take a f**k to themselves.

Rangers recieved a 1 year embargo which covered two full transfer windows.

Stop making things up you idiot :)

Don't call me an idiot Bennett, at least until you find some evidence to suggest I might be.

I said that the ban effectively covered one window. This is true because Rangers found a way round it by signing players during the second one and playing them as tralists.

The word 'effectively' appears to have caused you difficulty.

:lol:

You seem to forget that it was the individual Craig Whyte that took the decision to 'stonewall HMRC' this is exactly why the serious fraud office are going after an individual, your attempts to somehow shift the blame onto some collective are hilarious.

Well, I was talking about the ten years of constant refusal to co-operate from Sir Dave's Oldco Rangers, who deliberately spun out the tax cases as long as they possibly could, but never mind.

^^^^ Sponsored by .....

That pakora fud is just a shite troll (and been accused of being AWRA - a grim insult and terrible charge to level at anyone), but you can't mean the above? Shuuuurely? You can't be such tube, I mean really. My gaster is fully flabbed.

You seem to forget that it was the individual Craig Whyte that took the decision to 'stonewall HMRC' this is exactly why the serious fraud office are going after an individual, your attempts to somehow shift the blame onto some collective are hilarious.

I think you will find non-compliance with HMRC information requests was already a well established practice before poor ol' Craig arrived.

Think a strong case of victimhood for Martyr Whyte can be made. Could Assange squeeze him into an embassy somewhere

Edited by williemillersmoustache

Go and tell HMRC they are the ones that went after a legal tax loophole. I could not give a f**k who it cost and what it cost. HMRC can go a take a f**k to themselves.

Apart from the cases your former team admitted guilt for? Why do you continue lying about this? You can tell Tedi and bennet just come out with their pish to annoy people but you actually seem to believe it. At the very least your infantile rage seems legit.

Don't call me an idiot Bennett, at least until you find some evidence to suggest I might be. I said that the ban effectively covered one window. This is true because Rangers found a way round it by signing players during the second one and playing them as tralists. The word 'effectively' appears to have caused you difficulty.

You are an idiot and if the cap fits .....

There is no ifs and buts the ban covered two windows in which Rangers could not register players.

That cannot be disputed you silly yokel.

You will be able to provide proof where i've done anyhting like that...

I'd suggest reading posts slowly, perhaps more than once.

Otherwise, you'll just keep providing the amusing irony of calling others idiots and implying that they're backward; while simultaneously displaying comprehension skills that would embarrass a young child.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Go and tell HMRC they are the ones that went after a legal tax loophole.

I could not give a f**k who it cost and what it cost.

HMRC can go a take a f**k to themselves.

I think that this line - I could not give a f**k who it cost and what it cost - is fairly representative of most of the Rangers fans on here and in the wider world, about both the tax cases and the wider liquidation generally.

I also think it's worth remembering that Rangers fans do not give a f**k who their club's liquidation cost*, and how much it cost them**, when they're asking us all for sympathy because

- Craig Whyte cost some debenture holders money and

- Seeing Rangers liquidate hurt their fans' feelings.

Maybe the next time one of these guys rolls out their tear-stained But Rangers fans are the Real Victims proclamations, we should remember that their attitude towards the rest of the country spending a fortune cleaning up their old club's mess is - F*ck them.

The rest of us don't count, I think. We're just here to pay their bills and offer them sympathy whenever they demand it.

*It cost all of us, every taxpayer.

**It cost lots.

Edited by flyingrodent