Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

That story about Sarver and Ashley is just pathetic if true.

Ashley clearly wants complete control of the club but why is he going to all that trouble for less than 1% of what he's worth?

He already owns the good bits.

The media were all over Sarver like a fat kid at a pizza hut buffet though. You'd think they would have learned after Whyte.

Has the meeja ever given any indication that it has learned? What a fine blowjob it gave Mr Doncaster when he made his gaffe-tastic statement about the the Rangers to the BBC.

Yes. If the Orcs had made some background checks, they might have avoided liquidation but they suffer from 'enhanced ostrich syndrome'.

Head in the sand, fingers in the ears," la la la la la , I can't hear you. WATP" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank goodness, though. Wouldn't want them to become sentient.

Set wealth radars on gullible

So the Phoenix Sun has set then ?

Shockeroonie !

Wonder if it was an attempt at a stalking horse bid, designed to frighten off competition or flush out serious players into bidding ?

WHERE is the next bottomless pit of money going to come from ??

He can secure all the remaining assets and pull the plug ... "Dave .. about the rent for Ipox .. I've spoken Whyte regards his 'interest/claim' and he's agreeable ... blah blah ... Do you want us to factor in maintenance into the rent or do you want to take care of that yourself ....

You can have your 'club' but ... sorry old chum.

If Ashley manages to secure the assets against the loan he will be in a strong position to deal as he sees fit during any admin .... No doubt those backing him will be 'looked after' ....

Kid yourself on if you like .... Ashley still has your 'club' by the baws and is squeezing .... just wonder how much it's going to hurt.

What I don't understand is that Ashley has no interests in the club. Cockwomble confirmed that the club is independent of the company which owns it. The company may go bust but the club carries on. Ashley's dealings are with the company which owns the club, not the club itself, so I don't see how he can be doing anything wrong. Our lords and masters really are getting themselves into a tangle.

I was referring to events in the last couple of days..

You were referring to something 2 years ago..

Aye it is all about perspective right enough.

Another term you might have used was "dead cat bounce". ;)

Nice to see No8. is back - still enjoying the seethe, fella? :lol:

So the Phoenix Sun has set then ?

Shockeroonie !

Wonder if it was an attempt at a stalking horse bid, designed to frighten off competition or flush out serious players into bidding ?

WHERE is the next bottomless pit of money going to come from ??

Dallas Cowboys !?

Colts, Chargers or broncos, shurely?

I shouldn't be surprised. The media are spoon-fed everything. They just want to get this crisis over with so they can go back to the good old days where they could talking about OF games, succulent lamb, warchests and linking Rangers with any player they like.

Where has the MacLeod money gone anyway?

What I don't understand is that Ashley has no interests in the club. Cockwomble confirmed that the club is independent of the company which owns it. The company may go bust but the club carries on. Ashley's dealings are with the company which owns the club, not the club itself, so I don't see how he can be doing anything wrong. Our lords and masters really are getting themselves into a tangle.

Point of order, Ashley is dealing with the company that owns the company that owns the ethereal entity (when discussing his shareholding or loans). (Stop laughing at the back).

Worse than that, he's doing it via a company, that owns a bit of the company, that owns the company that owns the ethereal entity. ;)

He is also dealing with the company that owns the ethereal entity, when discussing the allegedly onerous contracts. (what did I say about the laughing)

He has no interaction with the ethereal entity, which interestingly enough is a member club of the SPFL despite not being able to fulfil basic tenets of owining grounds/entering into contracts regarding use of stadia and grounds, because it has no legal personality. (oo er cockwomble)

Edit: He is also dealing via a company that is dealing with a company, that is owned by the company that owns the ethereal entity. (when talking about some of the retail contracts).

It's all so simple when you think about it.

Yours

aDONis

Edited by aDONisSheep

This is an incredibly daft question probably, but I'm not an economic expert like all of you. :(

Why is Ashley bothered about Rangers? He's already incredibly rich. Is it just a case of trying to hoover assets while keeping the club barely afloat?

Is it really worth all the trouble it's causing him?

<<< isn't ruthless/capitalist enough to survive in the "world of business"

There have been a lot of strange goings on recently.

Mike Ashley provides secured loans. His long stop defence?

Dave King tries to destabilise the club and its finances with boycotts etc. Plan to get share price down to a level he could afford to buy in?

The 3 Bears appear. Why now? Where were they when they were needed? Or were they just scared of Chuckie?

Institutional investors sell their shareholdings at pretty much the same time. At a loss. Unusual timing. Do coincidences like this just happen to happen?

The man from Phoenix appears out of the woodwork, sends an email or tow and then gets bumped.

Ashley gets his men in place as chief exec and finance director.

The printed media become the mouthpiece for King.

Doncaster engineers an 'interview' so he can get some statements out into the open about Rangers as an entity, club and company. Why now?

Was Doncaster aware of the potential share deals in Rangers prior to his BBC interview? Had the SFA been consulted by any current or potential shareholders before his interview? Somebody needs to ask him (and Campbell Ogilvie).

So lots going on and we can't really understand what is going on from outside the Big Hoose.

But as long as

Ashley and the bus boys stick together

Ashley holds on to the security for his loans

Ashley's men stay in key positions

and Ashley has deep pockets

then all the rest can bluster all they want, but it will achieve nothing.

This is an incredibly daft question probably, but I'm not an economic expert like all of you. :(

Why is Ashley bothered about Rangers? He's already incredibly rich. Is it just a case of trying to hoover assets while keeping the club barely afloat?

Is it really worth all the trouble it's causing him?

<<< isn't ruthless/capitalist enough to survive in the "world of business"

What trouble? He seems to be sitting back, relaxing, letting everyone else get worked up. :D