Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Other clubs will have brought in slightly less via sponsorship of tournaments, but their relative wealth has soared as only one club's income dwarfs theirs, rather than two. Other clubs have also won things they'd have been less likely to, which is after all, the point of clubs generating revenue at all.

Crowd-pleasing shite from you. I especially like the use of 'soared'. You are guilty of the trope beloved of the P&Ds which is that Scottish Football would be better off if most people stopped going to games.

Edited to add: The Diddy mindset is simple: Get the big teams tae f**k and allow the rest of us to play in our own sad wee sandpit.

Edited by The_Kincardine

Crowd-pleasing shite from you. I especially like the use of 'soared'. You are guilty of the trope beloved of the P&Ds which is that Scottish Football would be better off if most people stopped going to games.

Edited to add: The Diddy mindset is simple: Get the big teams tae f**k and allow the rest of us to play in our own sad wee sandpit.

Aw come on. You were once much better than this.

Tackle what I do actually say, rather than the dafter things you'd prefer me to say; or just don't bloody bother.

I said that in relative terms income had "soared" although in absolute terms it's dropped a little.

Scottish football is indeed better off if fewer OF fans go to games, not financially in terms of ill-divided gross income, but better off in other ways that matter.

Really poor stuff from you here Kincardine.

I see more Spartans games these days than Celtic ones, and the Spartans fans seem quite happy in their own wee sandpit, as you put it.

Should they not be?

I see more Spartans games these days than Celtic ones, and the Spartans fans seem quite happy in their own wee sandpit, as you put it.

Should they not be?

Not the point, caller. I've been to a few Wycombe games this season now they've got over their Paul Lambert love-fest.

My thesis was prosaically simple: too many so-called football fans in Scotland wish that most fans didn't support their clubs.

Do not do this "You were once much better than this" shite when you use the word 'soared' to mean 'dropped'.

You were though. Genuinely.

There was a time when you wouldn't have wilfully ignored the key word in my point which was "relatively". I don't believe the concept of football finances being entirely relative escapes you, so quit being a disingenuone.

You're on a really steep descent here as a poster.

From a CNN interview this week..

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/01/30/football/old-firm-reunited/index.html?eref=edition&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

.A group of Celtic fans even went to the trouble of paying for a full page advert in a Sunday broadsheet last weekend to state their position on the "new Rangers club" and how the term Old Firm is now defunct.

Unsurprisingly, Rangers supporters see things differently. They state their team remains the same entity as it was the company which ran the club which was liquidated and not the club itself.

The head of the Scottish Professional Football League, Neil Doncaster, stated in a BBC interview earlier this year that he agrees with the latter assessment.

However, the organization declined the opportunity to respond to requests CNN made to its public relations representatives about clarifying whether this position related solely to SPFL rules or to the stricter court of Scots Law as well.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

"em... that's cos we are British..."

One day I may plumb such depths as to say, "I said that in relative terms income had "soared" although in absolute terms it's dropped a little."

What on earth is your problem with that statement?

Apart from the fact that it is utter bollocks? Just nothing.

Dear me, you're not the poster you were, are you Kinky? Even your avatar is bollox.

Everything's going Ashley in the rangers' world, and they might have to be sustainable. You are that little bit brighter than some of your fellow swallowers on here, so you're looking at a lifetime of diddydom - as a best-case scenario. Get used to it, auld fella.

Nice to see you're going to see Wycombe occasionally - league position got anything to do with it, perchance? ;)

Desperate stuff old chum.

If my entire raison d'etre was to compete with you and I had five pounds to your fifty, I'd be relatively impoverished.

If later however, I had four pounds to your seven, my wealth would have diminished in absolute terms, but soared in terms relative to yours from where it had been.

I don't actually believe it's necessary to explain such simple logic to you as if you're a child, but if you insist on attacking my points, without actually offering any argument, then I'm happily prepared to.

Smith's comments are laughable.

Even leaving aside the nonsense about Rangers being put down to the third, rather than being re-admitted to the national structure there, in a different form; we're left with the bogus, misleading claim that events have cost the Scottish game lots of money.

Events have cost the OF clubs some money, although given what Rangers have still since raised and squandered and the free run Celtic have had to CL qualifiers, even that's contestible.

Other clubs will have brought in slightly less via sponsorship of tournaments, but their relative wealth has soared as only one club's income dwarfs theirs, rather than two. Other clubs have also won things they'd have been less likely to, which is after all, the point of clubs generating revenue at all.

This stuff about an OF in the ascendancy being in the interests of anyone else, needs to be challenged every time it lazily, unthinkingly raises its stupid head.

A few other clubs will have "brought in slightly less" in absolute terms but sending the Rangers support to one horse towns from Peterhead to Stranraer will have benefited more clubs than it harmed. Even at the middling sized west coast clubs that would be expected to have most issues gates have held up reasonably well and one more club has been in the top flight each year than would be otherwise.

Celtic are the only club who seem to have taken a hit to their income but they can also reduce their outgoings as they no longer have to pay to compete with Rangers so they're probably wealthier in absolute terms.

Celtics share price has doubled over the last three years

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

34parfq.jpg

I thought it was fivers that were banned, and what about those green bath ducks?

Smith's comments are laughable.

Even leaving aside the nonsense about Rangers being put down to the third, rather than being re-admitted to the national structure there, in a different form; we're left with the bogus, misleading claim that events have cost the Scottish game lots of money.

Events have cost the OF clubs some money, although given what Rangers have still since raised and squandered and the free run Celtic have had to CL qualifiers, even that's contestible.

This stuff about an OF in the ascendancy being in the interests of anyone else, needs to be challenged every time it lazily, unthinkingly raises its stupid head.

There is no question we get treated very badly by the media in this country, and it probably won't change until these outlets go bust. They still want to believe that things are still the 90's and early 00's.

No answer, then? Just another airing for the good old "no wan ae us..." card...

Yep, thick as pig shit.

Gotta love the wee shoap steward who is such a towering intellect that he spends much of his time obsessively posting about a rival football team...????