Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

It's a very good question by Ned.

Yip, most of us know, as Monkey states, the poorer papers print what will appeal to the masses rather than the exact truth but with King it's beyond bad journalism.

41 (FORTY ONE) , vidiprinter style, charges of tax fraud. No journalist I'm aware of, possibly Tom English aside, has even asked about this to any degree and even then not to Kings coupon. Spare us any Record hacks, they don't have the integrity to allow their opinions to count.

We have a club/business pretty much trading whilst insolvent. Two guys seemingly about to go head to head to run the show of the insolvent company. One of which is a convicted tax thief who cannot become a director the other who is breaking current rules due to the amount of influence he has. 9 odd percent he maybe has but he's allowed to put his own puppets in place on the board so he IS running the show. Picking players so near enough picking the team. How are our governing body handling all this? They are shitting bricks because Ashley is lawyered up and King seems to have the backing of most Rangers fans.

Hibs, QOTS, Falkirk must be ready to ask the fanny's that run our game what is going on?

Obviously Dundee United don't share your version of events since they celebrated their centenary in 2009. If it's your opinion that a new club was formed from the ashes of the old one in 1923 that's fine. What is not in doubt is that because of the dispute over the name City the reformed club or the new club continued to use the name Hibernian until it was agreed that United could be used.You sort of made the point for me when you stated that the name (Hibernian) would have been dropped sooner if there hadn't been a dispute over the name of choice. Why was that?

I only gave the bare bones of what happened. There was so much politics and arguing which went on that it would be impossible to go into here. Essentially, Dundee Hibernian went bust, and out of business. Three of their businessman (shopkeepers)supporters thought it a shame that the ground was lying derelict, and thought it a good idea to start a new team. I cannot argue that the Irish Question was addressed, but it was not a major issue, hence the decision to resurrect the name for purposes of league admission. There were no members of the old club involved with Dundee City whatsoever, as they wanted to start from scratch as a brand new outfit, hence the new name (Dundee City) and new colours (black & white).

Indeed, we had the unusual situation of Dundee Hibernian on the park, but trading as Dundee City FC. The reason United associate themselves with the Hibs is simply confusion over the mists of time, going back to when nobody was that interested in club history, and it was simply assumed that it was a case of same park - same team. I did an in depth history of Dundee Hibernian some years ago, and where it is probably true to say that had there been no Hibs there would be no United, there are no physical links between the two.

There! An interesting wee digression but hadn't we better get back to what we're here for, ie Rangers?

I only gave the bare bones of what happened. There was so much politics and arguing which went on that it would be impossible to go into here. Essentially, Dundee Hibernian went bust, and out of business. Three of their businessman (shopkeepers)supporters thought it a shame that the ground was lying derelict, and thought it a good idea to start a new team. I cannot argue that the Irish Question was addressed, but it was not a major issue, hence the decision to resurrect the name for purposes of league admission. There were no members of the old club involved with Dundee City whatsoever, as they wanted to start from scratch as a brand new outfit, hence the new name (Dundee City) and new colours (black & white).

Indeed, we had the unusual situation of Dundee Hibernian on the park, but trading as Dundee City FC. The reason United associate themselves with the Hibs is simply confusion over the mists of time, going back to when nobody was that interested in club history, and it was simply assumed that it was a case of same park - same team. I did an in depth history of Dundee Hibernian some years ago, and where it is probably true to say that had there been no Hibs there would be no United, there are no physical links between the two.

There! An interesting wee digression but hadn't we better get back to what we're here for, ie Rangers?

Listen thanks for that and yes it's time to get back on track.

On the money, chap. P&B is all about Rangers. We even have posters join just to express their interest in matters down Govan way.

And after watching that can you blame anyone....lol. Honestly the last three years have been immense. After years of getting it in the neck from Rangers then/Sevco now, we don't do walking away, supporters, it's just fantastic that they don't even discuss Scottish football any more. More interested in talking about Chelsea....lol

Edited by Sting777

The Walls of Londonderry remain intact.

And that really is more important to you, fannies.

Idiot post of the day.

I apologise to Shull. Look at this as the height of idiocy:

And after watching that can you blame anyone....lol. Honestly the last three years have been immense. After years of getting it in the neck from Rangers then/Sevco now, we don't do walking away, supporters, it's just fantastic that they don't even discuss Scottish football any more. More interested in talking about Chelsea....lol