Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

10 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

His point is blindingly clear.  He asserts we were relegated and you've done nothing to disabuse him.  Here we go again.

Not just yours.  MT will be along shortly to back you up.

Oh be quiet.

I've explicitly said I don't think Rangers were relegated. 

I wish you had something to say.

Only come on the Rangers Celtic forum every now n again but it never fails to me see jealous fans.or why would use spend so long and time talking about the Rangers .try putting as much effort into supporting ur own team as u do following ours and Scottish football would be a lot better

8 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Oh be quiet.

I've explicitly said I don't think Rangers were relegated. 

I wish you had something to say.

Forgetting Kinky, as he has nothing to add, I have made it perfectly clear I am open to having my mind changed. I would like to know how you would describe Rangers being in the top division to being in the bottom division if it was not a relegation? 

3 minutes ago, davied85 said:

Only come on the Rangers Celtic forum every now n again but it never fails to me see jealous fans.or why would use spend so long and time talking about the Rangers .try putting as much effort into supporting ur own team as u do following ours and Scottish football would be a lot better

Scottish football is fucked, let it rot or get some new authorities to run it. That is down to Rangers and their cheatery. 

5 minutes ago, davied85 said:

I just read that and believe me, I'm not experiencing jealousy.

4 minutes ago, stonedsailor said:

Forgetting Kinky, as he has nothing to add, I have made it perfectly clear I am open to having my mind changed. I would like to know how you would describe Rangers being in the top division to being in the bottom division if it was not a relegation? 

Liquidation meant that the re-formed club had to apply for a league to play in.  After a process that involved different stages, Rangers appeared in the bottom of the national divisions.

I know that you can cite your dictionary definition again, but that process did not represent what we call 'relegation' in football.

Just now, Monkey Tennis said:

Liquidation meant that the re-formed club had to apply for a league to play in.  After a process that involved different stages, Rangers appeared in the bottom of the national divisions.

I know that you can cite your dictionary definition again, but that process did not represent what we call 'relegation' in football.

My point, since the start, is that we are discussing legal terms. This is, after all, a legal case we are discussing.

I have said, from the beginning of this discussion, that I am open to the court's opinion on the matter. I have also said from as far back as 2012 that the answer to the discussion would be found in the court.

I will reiterate, if the courts decide that Rangers were relegated and that punter is paid out then I will eat humble pie and admit I have been wrong in seeing Rangers as a new club.

I will ask again, since there are similarities, did Juventus get relegated in 2006?

3 minutes ago, davied85 said:

So sad how grown men have to go on Rangers forums to get there kicks for the weekend .keep trying .put as much effort to get a decent support for ur own team n u might do ok

This thread was originally in the SPL forum and I have partaken in it since it was posted first. I rarely participate in any other threads in this sub section.

22 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

13 minutes ago, stonedsailor said:

My point, since the start, is that we are discussing legal terms. This is, after all, a legal case we are discussing.

I have said, from the beginning of this discussion, that I am open to the court's opinion on the matter. I have also said from as far back as 2012 that the answer to the discussion would be found in the court.

I will reiterate, if the courts decide that Rangers were relegated and that punter is paid out then I will eat humble pie and admit I have been wrong in seeing Rangers as a new club.

I will ask again, since there are similarities, did Juventus get relegated in 2006?

The apotheosis of two bald men fighting over a comb.

29 minutes ago, davied85 said:

So sad how grown men have to go on Rangers forums to get there kicks for the weekend .keep trying .put as much effort to get a decent support for ur own team n u might do ok

Commiserations on your recent, clearly severe, head injury. 

5 minutes ago, stonedsailor said:

Silly ***

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Simply pointless.

As I said, a genuine pity.  Such an admission of abject defeat.

Carry on wrangling over a punter and a bookie, you two.  That you both reckon it affects my clubs' status is to your joint chagrin.  That MT reckoned it wasn't significant but is now furiously engaging with Pugwash over how significant it is is to his chagrin.

What a fucking mess the diddies are in.

25 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Carry on wrangling over a punter and a bookie, you two.  That you both reckon it affects my clubs' status is to your joint chagrin.  That MT reckoned it wasn't significant but is now furiously engaging with Pugwash over how significant it is is to his chagrin.

What a fucking mess the diddies are in.

I get the feeling that this case between a punter and a bookie has the **** worried. We are having a civil discussion yet they are all coming out the woodwork to name call and sling mud. I have put 5 years of arguing on the line. Willing to eat humble pie. I will post an apology and take the slaģging that I am due, if I am proved wrong.

You just want to get upset and childish over us discussing what will be the end of a 4.5 year discussion. 

There are arguments for both sides of the discussion up until now, for me at least, there are massive contradictions on both sides. 

I do really get @Monkey Tennis point, I even sent you a PM 18 months ago stating that the soul of a club are it's supporters and that is where a form continuation lies but this, for me, will show the legal stand point.

Yes, you are Rangers. Yes, there is a form of continuation. But I bet even you would want the legal stamp of approval? 

Either way Rangers fans will see Rangers as the same club but if the law says they are not then we Diddies can slate you for eternity. The green and greys can claim title of Scotland's most successful association football club and you can enjoy being raging for years to come. If the law finds in favour of the punter then I have to find some other group to taunt on the Internet. Vegans, maybe, or Bradford Bulls fans. I was losing interest in the newco debate until this case appeared anyway. I had thought there was only the Sir Craigy case to go and that will be a while before anything is reported.

2012 will look good on you club crest.

26 minutes ago, stonedsailor said:

I do really get @Monkey Tennis point, I even sent you a PM 18 months ago stating that the soul of a club are it's supporters and that is where a form continuation lies but this, for me, will show the legal stand point.

Mon tae f**k, Stoney.  Aye, we've exchanged the occasional and enjoyable billet doux but this is a very strange case on which to hang yer sou'wester.

44 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Mon tae f**k, Stoney.  Aye, we've exchanged the occasional and enjoyable billet doux but this is a very strange case on which to hang yer sou'wester.

Nah, it's not. The simplicity is the key. It all hangs on the wording of the contract. The betting slip. "Rangers Football Club to be relegated". No doubts about club or company, was the club relegated? Yes or no? There is no ambiguity at all, no wriggle room, no arguments. Just a plain black or white answer. 

Edited by stonedsailor

2 minutes ago, stonedsailor said:

Nah, it's not. The simplicity is the key. It all hangs on the wording of the contract. The betting slip. "Rangers Football Club to be relegated". No doubts about club or company, was the club relegated? Yes or no? There is no ambiguity at all, no wriggle room, no arguments. Just a plain black or white answer. 

Clutching at straws to see this as a club/company or newco/oldco debate.  I said this would happen earlier in the thread and you don't disappoint.