whisky lovers

Loads of whisky bargains on Amazon tonight

I had no idea amazon did whisky.

I'm always a bit funny about buying whisky online. I've heard stories of people buying expensive bottles online and found that the contents are far cheaper whiskies. I'm guessing this wouldn't be a problem buying through Amazon though.

• 3 weeks later...

Managed to find a 16 y.o Glenlivet Nadurra Cask Strength.

Was reading that newer versions are non dated and nowhere near as oaky, for natural reasons.  Looking forward to this one.

Current bar:

Balblair 03

Dalmore 12

Talisker 10

Highland Park 12

Johnnie Walker Black (as a homage to North African dictators everywhere)

Tried Tomatin Legacy today mozza, was on the distillery tour. Wasnt that impressed with it, though it and the 12yo were pretty tasteless. Tasted the legacy, 12yo and Cu Bocan. Cu Bocan was my favourite, its the only one thats peated, all down to you personal taste i suppose.

Jura Prophecy is a lovely wee whisky for those who like some peatiness but not the medicinal aftertaste of some of them. It's also surprisingly sweet. Top notch.

I know there are two versions of the Superstition, with newer bottles being "Lightly peated". The newest bottling being much superior in almost every way.

Interestingly Jura Superstition and Prophecy are blends of peated and non peated, but because they come from the same distillery can be promoted as single malt.

Edited by Savage Henry

Anyone tried this?

23951-120x400.jpg

Best Speyside Single Malt 2015 according to:

http://www.worldwhiskiesawards.com/benriach-16-years-old.23951.html

Not that one, but had a couple of their others and they are very good. 

Sister brewery of Glendronach which have both been (worryingly?) sold to the makers of Jack Daniels.