whisky lovers

Anyone got recommendations for the best 30 year old whisky under £250ish?

If you are looking just to mark someone's birthday rather than a particular distillery then I'd consider looking at some bottling from Gordon & Mcphail or Cadenhead etc.

They do lots of bottling from single casks but quite often are not allowed to say what distillery it's from.

My mate bought me a 40yo Speyside malt from Gordon & McPhail for about £120.

Not entirely sure what distillery it came from but it was really good.

• 3 weeks later...

Cracked open a 21 yo Glenfarclas at the weekend there, was honestly one of the nicest whiskies I have tried.

I've only tried the 15, but I must admit I was really surprised with how nice the Glenfarclas was in spite of a pretty cheap price.

I've only tried the 15, but I must admit I was really surprised with how nice the Glenfarclas was in spite of a pretty cheap price.

Yeah only ever had a 12 of glenfarclas which was nice but this is miles ahead. An underrated distillery

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1465761599.340544.jpg

Had a couple of these tonight. Cost me under £20 at Bookers. Decent but nowhere near as good as Aberfeldy 12 year old.

Yeah spey cascade isnt a patch on tailfire for much the same price. Edited by gannonball