What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

I think I must be the only one who didn't like the new Star Trek film.

I liked the older ones. The Wrath of Khan is a fantastic film.

Khaaaaaaaaaaaaan! Khaaaaaaaaaaannnnnn!

A Christmas Carol (2004) (TV)

A Christmas Carol is my favourite story of them all, and this is a great wee family musical starring Kelsey Grammar as Scrooge with other known names like Jennifer Love Hewitt (his wife), Jason Alexander and Jane Krakowski (two of the Spirits).

It's been made a million times over, but it's never been made as a colour live action feature film yet, and I don't know why! :(

7/10

Inglorious b*****ds ( 2008 )

I've never been one to have a go for a lack of star power, but the inclusion of Brad Pitt really does add his scenes an extra edge, and is only really matched by the sinister and quite brilliant Christoph Waltz. Any scene he's in, you just know some shit is going to hit the fan. The main thing holding this together, and it's been a while since I thought this of a Tarantino movie, is that the entire plot is actually worth caring about. It's a load of old tosh really, but it's damn entertaining tosh and worth watching.

8/10

Law Abiding Citizen

Utter dross. The writers evidently didn't know where they were going with the story. Also unsure wether to feel sympathy for Gerard Butler's character. Storyline aside there are some entertaining action scenes, explosions etc.

Was looking forward to this film, left pretty dissapointed.

5/10

Terminator Salvation

Didn't manage to see it in the cinema so ordered the DVD from play.com and watched it the other night. Was actually suprised as it was a pretty decent film. Only things were that Kyle Reese seemed a bit weak compared to his character in the first movie and there was something not quite right about the look of the T800 (Arnies Terminator) when it was in "skeleton" form. The CGI used to put Arnie in the film worked suprisingly well I thought, particularly since he had the same features (hairstyle and stuff) as he did in the original film. Overall a pretty good film in my opinion. Not as good as the first two but certainly better than T3. Probably best to end the series here as I can't see how they could possibly add anything new into a fifth instalment.

Rating : 7/10

Quarantine ( 2008 )

One of the most annoying things about this remake is that it feels the need to take the mystery out of everything, basically spoon feeding the plot to us as if we're idiots. The acting is, at times, hilarious, and takes the tension away from things by making me laugh. There ARE capable actors on show here, and some of the more spectacular scenes are done pretty well, and even topped at one time with the fireman falling from one of the higher levels. Everything just feels too forced and glossy here though and it lacks a lot of the punch that [REC] had. Thumbs in the middle.

5/10

I have to say that I thought this was a pretty decent film and i'm not usually into horror movies. On first watch, the final scene gave me the fear.

Law Abiding Citizen

Utter dross. The writers evidently didn't know where they were going with the story. Also unsure wether to feel sympathy for Gerard Butler's character. Storyline aside there are some entertaining action scenes, explosions etc.

Was looking forward to this film, left pretty dissapointed.

5/10

5/10 seems a little high for a film that's "utter dross".

I have to say that I thought this was a pretty decent film and i'm not usually into horror movies. On first watch, the final scene gave me the fear.

The final scenes were done very faithfully and very well. It didn't always go that well though.

Wasn't a fan of the scene that Gaz mentioned however.

Terminator Salvation

Didn't manage to see it in the cinema so ordered the DVD from play.com and watched it the other night. Was actually suprised as it was a pretty decent film. Only things were that Kyle Reese seemed a bit weak compared to his character in the first movie and there was something not quite right about the look of the T800 (Arnies Terminator) when it was in "skeleton" form. The CGI used to put Arnie in the film worked suprisingly well I thought, particularly since he had the same features (hairstyle and stuff) as he did in the original film. Overall a pretty good film in my opinion. Not as good as the first two but certainly better than T3. Probably best to end the series here as I can't see how they could possibly add anything new into a fifth instalment.

Rating : 7/10

1. Terminator 5 is being made in 2011.

2. You paid money to watch it. :lol: It was just about passable, and an insult to the first two films - actually it was worse than T3!

3. McG :angry:

88 Minutes

A film that you know exactly what you are going to get and it didnt fail to deliver. Its just a pity i knew i was going to get average acting and as always a ludicrously convenient plot. I was expecting some sort of shocking ending which just didnt happen. I felt it could have been so much better.

It was still a decent enough watch and ive got a lot of time for Pacino.

6/10

Paranormal Activity.

I enjoyed this, nothing was really scary in it, but it was kinda, um, spooky?

the whole bit with the footsteps and the bed covers going up as if the Demon was getting into the bed!

I liked the bit where she got dragged down the hall too.

I thought the ending was okay, if not predictable, it was also the only bit of the film where I slightly jumped.

I also liked Micah taking the piss out of the ghost guy at the start.

A solid 7/10

Psycho III ( 1986 )

Once again, Anthony Perkins is brilliant and you really don't know what you're going to get with that guy. However, this is just a case of "same old shit" from this movie series and I've had about enough of it.

2/10

Just watched the infamous REC , but tbh i think i ruined it for myself by watchin Quarentine first. I really struggled to see why people prefer REC so much more , it was essencially the same film but in Spanish , I'd be pushed to think of any differences. Stull pretty scary though.

7/10

Paranormal Activity.

I enjoyed this, nothing was really scary in it, but it was kinda, um, spooky?

the whole bit with the footsteps and the bed covers going up as if the Demon was getting into the bed!

I liked the bit where she got dragged down the hall too.

I thought the ending was okay, if not predictable, it was also the only bit of the film where I slightly jumped.

I also liked Micah taking the piss out of the ghost guy at the start.

A solid 7/10

I thought it was shit scary. Some of it gave me chills :lol:

8/10 awesome movie

I thought it was shit scary. Some of it gave me chills :lol:

8/10 awesome movie

Don't ever watch a horror movie then, especially if you're afraid of nothing happening...

Utter fucking shite movie, bad acting, clearly edited to f**k to make it cinematic so the $15k budget is nonsense...

Spawn was scarier, and that was just due to John Leguizamo's acting.