What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Runaway Jury

Before this film i wouldnt have said i was a John Cusack fan but a think he is fantastic in this as is the always impressive Dustin Hoffman and Gene Hackman. Cusacks laid back style isnt one i thought i would take to so much. Its certainly a film that is quite touching and intriguing as you find yourself swaying which side of the bar you wuld sit at. Niicely ended aswell i felt.

It is classed as a thriller but its not one that gets your bloody bumping with high speed chases, that takes nothing away from the film IMO.

Rating: 79%

The Departed - 85%

Decided to start following a mate with this and start handing out percentages.

Anyway, i cant believe that i've waited this long to watch this. The problem was that i walked in when a very intrigral part happened at the end of this and probly ruined the movie for me.

Still though, absolute cracker of a movie.

That is a stick-on 10/10, 95% film!

Awesome!

Edward Scissorhands (1990)

Your typical late-80s, erly 90s classic that has no defining genre. Depp, as usal, is fantastic and a surprise appearance from Conchata Ferrell from Two and a Half Men. :)

Just a good old Gremlins/Ghostbuters style classic, no real genre but fun to watch.

8/10

SpeedRacer - Utter shite 1/10

MadMax2 The Road Warrior - Good film 7/10

Speed Racer was a great wee kids film, to say Gibson shit like Mad Max 2 was 'good' after it makes a joke of that...

Up - 9/10

Just an amazing film. It was sad, hilarious and exciting. I loved and cared about every character and some of the one-liners were top-notch. The relationship between the old guy and the boy is beautiful.

Definitely going to buy it.

Killing Zoe - 6/10

Film about a bank robbery in Paris that goes very wrong for most involved.

Some cool scenes but is quite boring for the most part.

Edited by Gall09

Speed Racer was a great wee kids film, to say Gibson shit like Mad Max 2 was 'good' after it makes a joke of that...

I loved Speed Racer. Well, once I got a hang of how colourful it is I did. It's just so much fun and loveable.

I loved Speed Racer. Well, once I got a hang of how colourful it is I did. It's just so much fun and loveable.

Yeah, it was kind of like being a kid with ADHD on acid at the beginning! :lol:

The Lovely Bones - 7/10 Surprised at how much i enjoyed it.

Solomon Kane - 7/10 Again surprisingly decent yarn. Good way to pass a late morning.

Youth in Revolt - 7.5/10 Found this really funny, as did alot of people in cinema. Funniest ive seen in a while. Very enjoyable.

The Lovely Bones - 7/10 Surprised at how much i enjoyed it.

Solomon Kane - 7/10 Again surprisingly decent yarn. Good way to pass a late morning.

Youth in Revolt - 7.5/10 Found this really funny, as did alot of people in cinema. Funniest ive seen in a while. Very enjoyable.

The bit where Francois tipped over the cereal bowl in Youth in Revolt had me in absolute stitches, as did his run after crashing the car into the building laugh.gif

Edit - iPod fail

Edited by Kieran

Invictus - 9.5/10

Excellent film starring Morgan Freeman as Nelson Mandela, Matt Damon as Francois Pienaar (captain of the S.A. rugby team) and directed by Clint Eastwood.

Some excellent on liners, moving speeches and some sporting action for the guys too.

Was a bit dubious about it before she dragged me to see it but I absolutely loved it an would highly reccommend it.

Capitalism: A Love Story

More of the same from Michael Moore really. And he seems to be struggling to inject any humour that is genuinely funny. Poorly edited together as well. On the plus side he still managed to point out some truly obscene financial dealings and abuse - I was unaware of the ridiculous pay rates of US airline pilots for example.

Not a complete waste of time but not great entertainment either.

5/10