What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

I honestly can't remember anything about the FDTD series, except the legend that is Danny Trejo being in it and Salma Hayek's entrance...

Buried Alive (2007)

Well where do I start? Apart from Tobin Bell (who's rumoured to be playing the Mad Hatter in the horror version of Alice in Wonderland, that will be awesome!) this film has very few redeeming features.

There some mildly fun pledge pranks, and a bit of fun CGI with the first two deaths, but nothing worth mentioning.

Leah Rachel is hot which is a good thing I guess, but nothing else about this film is worth talking about.

3/10 - don't waste your time

A Nymphoid Barbarian in Dinosaur Hell 1/10

Easily the worst film ever made

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102569/

How can "the worst film ever made" get 1/10 or 10%, surely it was merit a zero?

Anyway, as promised:

Grindhouse - In America this one was film, back to back, but I think it was released separately here so I'll do them separately. Both Planet Terror and Deathproof are B-movies so I wasn't going into this one expecting large budgets or anything like that. It was cool though. Both complete with Tarantino's usual cameos

Planet Terror - Probably the worse of the two. Couple of reasonably big names in this one. Bruce Willis being the obvious one. Naveen Andrews and Jeff Fahey also played their parts, both from Lost, so immediately I was drawn to it. Three others looked like people I know, the two main characters looked like John Leguizamo and Emmanuelle Vaugier and the doctor in both looked similar to Heather Graham. None of them are true though. Kind of edgy, some stupid things aswell but I'm not gonna tear it apart. 6/10

Death Proof - Really split up in to two parts itself; Austin, Texas and Lebanon, Tennessee. Texas was better than Tennessee, if I'm really disecting it, but both were still good. The Heather Graham dobleganger turned up again, as the same person as in Planet Terror. Some nice scenes in it, quite gory aswell. 7/10

I'd give this a 7/10 overall. Although the two don't add to make 7, I think 7 is closer to the mark than 6.5.

I wee piece of trivia for you aswell, the film Machete, with Danny Trejo and Steven Seagal, was originally a fake trailer before Grindhouse. That with Hobo with a Shotgun are being made into films now. It does look like a good film from that trailer although it's a bit spoilery so BEWARE!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIV26nu24gw

Spiderman 6/10

Spidermans quite decent for a Hollywood comic movie. It's all very predictable, but it looks good and the story doesn't get too convoluted. Couple of funny bits earlier on too. It's maybe a bit long for what it is, and some of the dialogue is terrible, but I think its still pretty watchable.

Most the movies I watch are from Justin tv, so that should explain the random nature of em.

The Town

8/10

I enjoyed it an awful lot, sort of HEeat/The Departed Lite. Not particuallry original but very very good.

Up in the Air

8/10

Much much better than it was given credot for at the time I think. It was excellent imo.

I thought Up in the Air was great, Clooney is superb in it.

The outlaw Jose Wales - Ok , but drags on a bit . 5/10

Rambo 1 - actually a lot better than I remembered it. 6/10

Eyes white shut - pretty shite. But theres lots of boobs on show so it avoids a zero score. 3/10

The Day the Earth Stood Still (2008)

Holy fúck, this was shite. Keanu Reeves was perfectly cast as there was hardly any acting involved. His character was more wooden than Pinnocchio, so it suited him down to the ground.

Despite a few more big names, and the splendid eye candy that is Jennifer Connelly, this was the biggest heap of shite I've seen in many a long year.

1/10, and that's only for the aforementioned Connelly.

The Day the Earth Stood Still (2008)

Holy fúck, this was shite. Keanu Reeves was perfectly cast as there was hardly any acting involved. His character was more wooden than Pinnocchio, so it suited him down to the ground.

Despite a few more big names, and the splendid eye candy that is Jennifer Connelly, this was the biggest heap of shite I've seen in many a long year.

1/10, and that's only for the aforementioned Connelly.

Had a good original so was never going to life up to much, especially with that donkey Reeves in there! Why they think remaking old scifi films is a good idea I don't know... the Kidman remake of Invasion of the Bodysnatchers was fucking hideous as well!!!

Staunton Hill (Video 2009)

This was called 'as scary as it gets' by George A Romero, needless to say it was his son that directed it... and it was set in 1969 (the year after NotLD was released) and had a black guy that was racially abused in it... well that's where the similarities end, but you can see the likeness!

Well it's basically like a gory version of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre, very similar indeed in concept. Some nice parts to it, good gore and a retard cutting folk up to get skin and a foot for somebody... not quite sure why he killed so many though...

The ending is just shit, it ends without explaining why they've let it end the way it does, or how the lassie that needed the foot got on, quite disappointing sitting through the film and not seeing what actually transpired post-massacre.

None the less it was an enjoyable little yarn, despite it not really serving any purpose!

For the lack of a true ending, and for the ridiculousness of the situation it's getting that lowest possible pass mark.

5/10

Had a good original so was never going to life up to much, especially with that donkey Reeves in there! Why they think remaking old scifi films is a good idea I don't know... the Kidman remake of Invasion of the Bodysnatchers was fucking hideous as well!!!

Funny that you bring up sci-fi remakes being a bad idea and then bring up Invasion of the Bodysnatchers, when the remake starring Donald Sutherland is easily the best of the lot.

Jaws 10/10

A very fair score indeed.

The first half of The Fellowship of the Ring - Lord of the Rings (Extended Version)

10/10

I crap myself everytime for Frodo, Sam, Merry and Pippin trying to escape from the Ringwraiths at Buckleberry ferry. But thats scene is so intense, probably one of my all time favourites.

Paranormal Activity 2

Best horror movie I have seen I would say, dont know if it just because I saw it at the cinema instead of watching it at home but I thought this was a great follow up to the first one, one of the scariest movies Ive seen I think was brilliant well worth checking out.

9.5/10