What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Well taking it at face value like i said I did. They are trying to perform Inception for the Asian chap (Who incidentally was in Batman Begins too) by going in to Cillian Murphy's dreams so that he will liquidate his dad's company. That's basically what is happening for the majority of the film. They explain what they're going to do and they do it, albeit with some suspense as you would expect as it's a film. It's only the last five minutes or so that throws you off balance. Feel free to point out anything I've missed.

Also Michael Caine was the other actor from TDK. And Tom Hardy is apparently going to be the villain in the next Batman.

That fact that you don't know whether he is dreaming or not in the end, whose dream he is in, or even if he is dead.

Who is he meant to play, I'm gonna say no though. It's neither of the Riddler or Dr Freeze. I heard that it was meant to Talia al Ghul(The daughter of Ra's al Ghul(Liam Neeson in Batman Begins)) or Catwoman.

I think the rumour was a character called "Hugo Strange" I assume that's how it's spelled anyway.

Who is he meant to play, I'm gonna say no though. It's neither of the Riddler or Dr Freeze. I heard that it was meant to Talia al Ghul(The daughter of Ra's al Ghul(Liam Neeson in Batman Begins)) or Catwoman.

Detective Harvey Bullock, Roman "Black Mask" Sionis or The Riddler seemingly. The Riddler will apparently not be anything like previous portrayals when he finally appears

Detective Harvey Bullock, Roman "Black Mask" Sionis or The Riddler seemingly. The Riddler will apparently not be anything like previous portrayals when he finally appears

That's because he's not going to be in it, Nolan has said no to The Riddler. Bullock would be shite, a crooked policeman? Ooooooo /fake enthusiasm. Doubt Black Mask will appear, mostly because Nolan is smart and in the comics he just looked like a black version of the Red Skull, minus the German-ness.

That fact that you don't know whether he is dreaming or not in the end, whose dream he is in, or even if he is dead.

Yeah but that's just the end? It's basically a straight forward story and then one of those scenario's you've pointed out. I didn't say I knew which of those outcomes was the correct one and like I said I'm not gonna attempt to go through it scene by scene to find out.. It's just a typical Christopher Nolan film. There may not even be an answer.

Edited by CitizenSnips

That's because he's not going to be in it, Nolan has said no to The Riddler. Bullock would be shite, a crooked policeman? Ooooooo /fake enthusiasm. Doubt Black Mask will appear, mostly because Nolan is smart and in the comics he just looked like a black version of the Red Skull, minus the German-ness.

You truly believe Christopher Nolan will be able to resist The Riddler? laugh.gif his imagination will be going into a mental overdrive thinking up ideas for him my friend. Remember he is probably the most popular villian, even ahead of The Joker. Bullock and the Black Mask, once again, have been touted as not being similar to their comic book persona's with Nolan adapting them to fit the film

Yeah but that's just the end? It's basically a straight forward story and then one of those scenario's you've pointed out. I didn't say I knew which of those outcomes was the correct one and like I said I'm not gonna attempt to go through it scene by scene to find out.. It's just a typical Christopher Nolan film. There may not even be an answer.

That makes no sense. You're saying because the plot wasn't revealed at the start or in the middle that it's straightforward?

It's at the end so you think about what has happened throughout the whole film and try to make sense of it, it wouldn't have worked if it had happened at the start.

Red Skull is the fucking boy anyway, and besides, he's going to be in the Captain America or Avengers movie :) played by Agent Smith.

Edited by Drake

Bale said he wouldn't do a film with Robin.

Whatta c**t.

You truly believe Christopher Nolan will be able to resist The Riddler? laugh.gif his imagination will be going into a mental overdrive thinking up ideas for him my friend. Remember he is probably the most popular villian, even ahead of The Joker. Bullock and the Black Mask, once again, have been touted as not being similar to their comic book persona's with Nolan adapting them to fit the film

The Riddler is not more popular than The Joker don't be silly, especially not now. He still isn't going to stray too far away from the comics, not as if he's going to give them extra powers. Nolan, while being a good writer and director, isn't a super genius. If he'd taked either Moore or Miller's idea of it being Batman's "fault" for causing the Joker to be crazy then that would've made a much better film. He missed a trick.

Whatta c**t.

[/font]

The Riddler is not more popular than The Joker don't be silly, especially not now. He still isn't going to stray too far away from the comics, not as if he's going to give them extra powers. Nolan, while being a good writer and director, isn't a super genius. If he'd taked either Moore or Miller's idea of it being Batman's "fault" for causing the Joker to be crazy then that would've made a much better film. He missed a trick.

Sorry.

:(

That makes no sense. You're saying because the plot wasn't revealed at the start or in the middle that it's straightforward?

It's at the end so you think about what has happened throughout the whole film and try to make sense of it, it wouldn't have worked if it had happened at the start.

I don't think that's really what I'm saying. It's certainly not what I think anyway. It's surely just a film where you can take what you want from it? There's no doubt contradictions placed throughout the film to keep you guessing but no real answer. I don't think that because there's not an obvious answer it automatically makes it a clever/ complicated film. I'd say The Prestige is more complicated as the clues were there throughout the film.

Red Skull is the fucking boy anyway, and besides, he's going to be in the Captain America or Avengers movie :) played by Agent Smith.

Yeah I know that's why I doubt Black Mask will be in The Dark Knight Rises. Mostly because if it's a contest between Skull and Mask, or Marvel and DC in this aspect, Skull would win everytime.

Another rumour I've just read is that Holiday Killer will be the villain and Calendar Man will be played by Tom Hardy.

It's ok Drake btw. tongue.gif

Yeah I know that's why I doubt Black Mask will be in The Dark Knight Rises. Mostly because if it's a contest between Skull and Mask, or Marvel and DC in this aspect, Skull would win everytime.

Another rumour I've just read is that Holiday Killer will be the villain and Calendar Man will be played by Tom Hardy.

That would be fuckin epic!!!! Don't get my hopes up!

I don't think that's really what I'm saying. It's certainly not what I think anyway. It's surely just a film where you can take what you want from it? There's no doubt contradictions placed throughout the film to keep you guessing but no real answer. I don't think that because there's not an obvious answer it automatically makes it a clever/ complicated film. I'd say The Prestige is more complicated as the clues were there throughout the film.

Of course you can take from it what you want, but to say it is straightforward is nonsense, especially after what is shown to you at the end. Also the clues are there throughout Inception too, you just don't notice them.

Yep, Mask seems rather lame in comparison. I hope they give Skull the whole Nazi heritage too, which I suspect they will because Captain America is set during WWII, when they were both created, they are eerily similar IMO, just on opposite sides of the spectrum.

I'd love to see Killer Croc in the new Batman, but Tom Hardy as Calender Man would be good too.

Thanks. :D

Of course you can take from it what you want, but to say it is straightforward is nonsense, especially after what is shown to you at the end. Also the clues are there throughout Inception too, you just don't notice them.

Ok. So if the clues are there then what actually happens at the end?

Yep, Mask seems rather lame in comparison. I hope they give Skull the whole Nazi heritage too, which I suspect they will because Captain America is set during WWII, when they were both created, they are eerily similar IMO, just on opposite sides of the spectrum.

I'd love to see Killer Croc in the new Batman, but Tom Hardy as Calender Man would be good too.

Thanks. :D

Yeah, it's called "The First Avenger" so it better be an origins film. As long as it's not like Wolverine's and riddled with errors then I'll be fine. I'd imagine they will make Red Skull an uber nazi. 500x_redskullredneringbig.jpg

I can see Chris Evans being up staged here.