What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Zombi 3 (1988)

AKA Zombie Flesh Eaters 2

That's the fourth (after Zombie Flesh Eaters, City of the Living Dead and The Beyond) Lucio Fulci horror that I've seen, and they all fall into the "so shit they are good" category!

This one however I thought was only going to deliver the first part of that algorithm, that was until a zombie's head JUMPED ten feet out of a fridge to eat a guy... it only got more fun from there!

These zombies are ridiculously easy to beat, one them died after getting thrown through a ground floor window!

Some woman was standing on a window ledge, a zombie TOUCHED her back, knocking her off balance and making her fall into a swimming pool. Her friend dived in to save her, when he got her out not only had she become a zombie for some reason and decided to eat him but her legs had mysteriously been cut off!

Plus it had quality cheesy music!

5/10

Alien 3 (1992)

Eh, it wasn't as good as the other ones. Quite exciting at points, but overall it wasn't great. There weren't really any scary moments and it was a bit same-y. It wasn't terrible though.

6/10

I'm tempted not to play fives just to see quite how bad the last one is.

There are a lot of bandwagon jumpers where Alien Resurrections concerned. Its nowhere near as bad as some make out. Jean-Pierre Jeunet is the Director, and hes one of the best around, inventive as hell. He doesnt do bad films.

13 Tzameti 7/10

French film about a builder working on a drug addicts house who finds him dead from an overdose and discovers a letter with details of a job which could earn him a lot of money so he takes the mans place a follows the instructions. He then finds himself involved in a game in which people wager on other people's life

Sounds quite similar to 13: Game of Death... although the Thai film looks far superior!

Nah, they're nothing alike. 13 Tzameti is a very good film though, quite slow at points but the tension that builds up throughout it is incredible.

'The Butterfly Effect' looked like it had potential. Much akin to the 'potential' that Jeremie Aliadiere apparently had when people branded him the next Thierry Henry. Like that French flop, it never amassed into anything other than a complete waste of time, money, space and oxygen. A fair 3/10 is what I would give 'The Butterfly Effect'. It gets a 3 because it had some potential, unlike the next film.

I loved The Butterfly Effect! I thought it was really well done. The scenes when he is in prison are what i imagine every jail to be like! :unsure: Terrifying.

Haven't seen either of the 2 sequels though.

There are a lot of bandwagon jumpers where Alien Resurrections concerned. Its nowhere near as bad as some make out. Jean-Pierre Jeunet is the Director, and hes one of the best around, inventive as hell. He doesnt do bad films.

No bandwagon jumping here. It's an appalling way to end the series. And the last 20 mins, whilst not wanting to spoil anything for Smurph if he watches it, couldn't even have made sense on the page.

I loved The Butterfly Effect! I thought it was really well done. The scenes when he is in prison are what i imagine every jail to be like! :unsure: Terrifying.

The Butterfly Effect was brilliant!

The second one was horrendous, not watched the third yet though! I like that they've added a caveat to the title, The Butterfly Effect 3: Revelations... that usually means that they are trying to excuse something that they did in a previous film when it happens!

The third one is a 5.8, as opposed to a 4.4 on IMDb, which hopefully would mean that it's a lot better, but it isn't always the case!

Going for irony here?

While you jump off the Jeunet bandwagon, you can hear some simple facts of the matter. Alien Resurrection (no s) is a bad film, not because other people say so, because it's a borefest, there is no reason for the film at all. It was totally unnecessary and added nothing to the original trilogy!

It's not utterly shite, but it just doesn't deserve recognition as it's so pointless!

I'm a massive fan of JPJ but his Alien film stinks - from the "shock" reveal that one of them is an android right the way through to the dreadful ending - I mean WTF is that all about (with its hybrid and its desire to seemingly repeat the endings of Alien and Aliens with the shock twist that the monster is on board with them) and dont even get me started on the SuperRipley guff.

Somewhere in there they might have had a good idea but what we end up with is a generic monster v human film and thats not what the Alien series has been about.

Alien 3 (1992)

Eh, it wasn't as good as the other ones. Quite exciting at points, but overall it wasn't great. There weren't really any scary moments and it was a bit same-y. It wasn't terrible though.

6/10

Play fives and hunt down the special edition of 3 - which is a much better film and makes sense of the Paul McGann subplot which is butchered in the original version.

Play fives and hunt down the special edition of 3 - which is a much better film and makes sense of the Paul McGann subplot which is butchered in the original version.

Indeed. Running more with the prisoners religious beliefs that the Alien is a demon sent by God to cleanse them, rather than bringing it up and then dropping it as they did in the theatrical release, really makes the movie a more enjoyable watch.

Oh, and the Alien doesn't come out of a fucking dog in the SE

Catch me if you can

Really good film, anytime i watch it i consider a career in forging cheques. I was surprised to learn how many of my friends hadn't seen this movie so I would urge the P&B masses if they haven't seen it to give it a watch

9(maybe even 10)/10

The Firm 6/10

Basically football factory/green street but everyone is wearing tracksuits.Alot of cockney slang that i suppose you would have to be from london to understand.Shite ending aswell i dunno if the guy died or got arrested.

The Prestige

I love this film. Good cast and a very enjoyable storyline, despite it getting a bit farfetched towards the end. Kept me thoroughly interested throughout and one I could watch again and again.

A very good 9/10

I agree that it was really good but after the second watch I don't think I'd want to see it again.

After you know the ending and the various wee nuggets that suggest it during the film I think it would become mundane.

Purely by chance I was going through the miscellaneous bit in Missing (instead of the horror) and I found Butterfly Effect 3. It had to be purchased...

Purely by chance I was going through the miscellaneous bit in Missing (instead of the horror) and I found Butterfly Effect 3. It had to be purchased...

Really confused me that shop. No doubt there's plenty of bargains in there, but i just didn't have the patience to trawl through everything!

Edited by Gall09

Really confused me that shop. No doubt there's plenty of bargains in there, but i just didn't have the patience to trawl through them everything!

Downstairs is where most of the DVD's are. It's in genre's, but fairly broad ones at that. It's worth it if you have the time though. The 3 for £5 deal (on all things marked £2) is fantastic.

Looks like I'll be doing the clean sweep and watching Alien Resurrection tonight. Looking forward to it.

Really confused me that shop. No doubt there's plenty of bargains in there, but i just didn't have the patience to trawl through them everything!

The horror section is the first set of shelves after the stairs, no real need to go anywhere else! The better miscellaneous ones are to the right of the counter.

4 for a tenner on the horror for the most part (unless it's marked at four quid for a special edition)

Going for irony here?

While you jump off the Jeunet bandwagon, you can hear some simple facts of the matter. Alien Resurrection (no s) is a bad film, not because other people say so, because it's a borefest, there is no reason for the film at all. It was totally unnecessary and added nothing to the original trilogy!

It's not utterly shite, but it just doesn't deserve recognition as it's so pointless!

No need to be a smarmy dick about it like. So I meant Alien Ressurection's or is concerned. Great. Was that really worth picking up on. I mentioned this before but ive seen some of your reviews for some of the most pointless, throw away guff in existence. Then you come away with this bud, you tell me where the irony is?

Edited by stewie from paris