What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Moon (2009)

An excellent indie sci-fi film with elements of Silent Running, 2001 and Alien which is no bad thing and there's enough originality to make it worthy on it's own. Isolation and the loneliness of space are the main themes and although the major twist is revealed early on it doesn't spoil the rest of the film.

Directed by Duncan Jones who I only just realised is Zowie Bowie :unsure:

9/10

Moon (2009)

An excellent indie sci-fi film with elements of Silent Running, 2001 and Alien which is no bad thing and there's enough originality to make it worthy on it's own. Isolation and the loneliness of space are the main themes and although the major twist is revealed early on it doesn't spoil the rest of the film.

Directed by Duncan Jones who I only just realised is Zowie Bowie :unsure:

9/10

You'd imagine his dad's pretty proud of him. Source Code was a good watch too.

I've absolutely no interest in Warcraft, but I might give it a watch purely because he's directing.

Mission impossible rogue nation

Love the MI films. They're so ridiculous that there's no point in ever thinking "hold on, that's not realistic". You just switch off your brain and strap in for the ride.

Was great fun. The motorbike chase scene is as good as I've seen. Some of the POV footage was breathtaking.

Mission impossible: Rogue Nation

8/10

The best film of the franchise so far, which is surprising because when most film franchises hit a 5th movie, they are generally shite. But this, nah, tops them all

Smart thinking to bring it release date forward also, since anything coming out over Christmas isn't going to stand a chance with Star Wars

Inside Out.

Absolutely outstanding. Emotionally complex, subtle, entertaining, really well thought-through and superbly executed. Several moments when I was holding back the tears. I love it when films intended for kids have additional layers to them that make it easy to appreciate at all ages. It's like a completely different film for anyone over the age of 14-15 but still brilliant.

It's a wonderful life - 8/10

Really enjoyed it, a fun film based on a man who took over his father's business but had many issues on the way.

5 films to go

:lol::lol::lol:

Aside from the questionably low rating (a clear 10/10 for me, 9 at worst), this must be one of the most incredible and hilarious descriptions of It's A Wonderful Life ever.

No mention of Angels, no mention of a man at his wits end being shown what life would have been like if he hadn't been born, no mention of one man's impact on the lives of others or a kind man's kindness to others being redeemed, no, "a fun film based on a man who took over his father's business but had many issues on the way". Brilliant. :lol::lol::lol:

ETA:

Went to see Ant-Man the other day, really enjoyed it. Casting was good, as with most Marvel films, and Paul Rudd was perfectly cast (and is in surprisingly good shape) as the affable, sometimes confused, but generally game hero. Another really good effort from Marvel which tied-in nicely with the Marvel films which have come before it.

8/10

Edited by J_Stewart

The rating system doesn't have much credibility on here anymore when you have posters giving films like Cool Runnings 10/10.

Good film yes, but 10/10? Hardly.

This is why mine goes up to eleven.

Mad max fury road

Didn't think it could live up to the hype but it just blew me away. How the f**k could anyone dream it up and how relentlessly difficult must it have been to shoot?

Fucking insane and so enjoyable. The 2

It's no Cool Runnings though.

The rating system doesn't have much credibility on here anymore when you have posters giving films like Cool Runnings 10/10.

Shit, there goes the 'credibility' of multiple posters deciding their own score for random movies. How the f**k will I know what to watch now!

Shit, there goes the 'credibility' of multiple posters deciding their own score for random movies. How the f**k will I know what to watch now!

I know right? I base all of my movie choices on this topic, and without a credible rating system I'll have no fucking clue what to do. :(

Is watching a film not a subjective experience? If someone gives Cool Runnings 10/10 then so what, it's their opinion not yours or anyone else's. Would you rather people say "well I would have given it a ten, but I've read some forums and looked on IMDB and the consensus seems to be it is more of a 7 so I'm going to give a 7."