What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

The only thing I was disappointed about losing from the book to the movie in The Shining was the hedge animals. Those things were absolutely brilliant.

The Shining book has some absolutely terrifying bits in it.  The hedge animals being one.

The film is fantastic, but it doesn't come close to being as scary as the book.

The only thing I was disappointed about losing from the book to the movie in The Shining was the hedge animals. Those things were absolutely brilliant.

Strange that never made it in to the film - I'd have thought the various animals closing in would have been really cinematic. 

---

Talking of films/books..

LA Confidential (ETA - get it on BBC iplayer films)

I think it falls well short of the book but is still very enjoyable. Kevin Spacey aloof and sleazy, big Russell Crowe surprisingly brilliant and Kim Basinger looking foxy. The Dudley Smith character was a let down. In the books he's terrifying, with an almost supernatural overbearing presence whereas here in the film he's mainly just unpleasant.

Edited by Shandon Par

Strange that never made it in to the film - I'd have thought the various animals closing in would have been really cinematic.

---

Talking of films/books..

LA Confidential (ETA - get it on BBC iplayer films)

I think it falls well short of the book but is still very enjoyable. Kevin Spacey aloof and sleazy, big Russell Crowe surprisingly brilliant and Kim Basinger looking foxy. The Dudley Smith character was a let down. In the books he's terrifying, with an almost supernatural overbearing presence whereas here in the film he's mainly just unpleasant.

Kubrick wanted it to be about a man having a mental breakdown so toned the 'ghostliness' back as much as he could. I suppose they were the main things that alluded to the house being possessed. He replaced the animals with the hedge maze.

The Secret Life Of Pets

Went to see this tonight with my Mrs and our 2 kids. Not going to lie lads I thought it was absolutely hilarious. Best animation film iv seen since Finding Nemo. I highly recommend it

10/10

The Secret Life Of Pets

Went to see this tonight with my Mrs and our 2 kids. Not going to lie lads I thought it was absolutely hilarious. Best animation film iv seen since Finding Nemo. I highly recommend it

10/10

Am planning to see it with my Daughter and Grandson.

Last I seen with them was the Jungle Book, which I thought was excellent.

The kid's champing at the bit to see The Secret Life of Pets, but we're broke this month.

Alright, I am too. They had me with the System of a Down-loving poodle   :P

Had that synth bassline stuck in my head for years after I first watched it...

Brilliant. Carpenter is doing a tour around the music of his movies this year.

Had that synth bassline stuck in my head for years after I first watched it...

Took me years to realise why Bomb the Bass' Megablast sounded familiar:

Life of Pets 7/10

Loads of funny stuff in it and New York looks amazing. Don't think it's quite up there with some of the very best recent animations but still very watchable. Minions short film before the main feature was so funny - don't turn up late and miss this.