What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Black Christmas (2006)

4/10

Even having Michelle Trachtenberg :wub: couldn't save this $9 million pile of crap, and it certainly make we care in the slightest out seeing the admittedly better half budget original from 1974.

For someone with what appears to be relatively decent taste in movies (going by some of your reviews), you don't half watch a lot of shite the rest of the time.

For someone with what appears to be relatively decent taste in movies (going by some of your reviews), you don't half watch a lot of shite the rest of the time.

Like horror you've gotta take the good with the bad! :lol:

Beowulf (2007)

3/10

Given up on this shite, okay it's not a great version from TV Links, but it played constantly for the first hour, and its started buffering like f**k now, but I really couldn't care less about it. Mince!

I watched The Devils Rejects the other night. Absolutely garbage.

I thought it was going to be quite good when it started as it had quite a gritty, raw look about it. Then it unfolded into the worst piece of crap I have seen so far this year.

What is it supposed to be? The film finished and I still couldn't decide how I was meant to feel about any of the characters. I really wasn't bothered what happened to any of them and in the end I just wanted them all to die and be done with it. Shite film, shite execution.

The only saving grace was Sheri Moon, until she opened her mouth.

1/10

:angry: Did you even watch the first film? Watching a sequel without seeing the opening part is never going to let you get a feel for the characters. Okay the first one is not that good, but after seeing it TDR goes from a 1 to a 10.

I watched it by chance on a sky channel, I didn't deliberately go see it. If I did I may have checked out the prequel.

It's shite either way though.

There's deliberately no character development in TDR, as it was all done in House of 1000 Corpses so that Zombie could get straight on with it, and bring in a few horror legends along the way like Danny Trejo, Ken Foree and Matthew McGrory.

The use of Freebird at the end is probably the best use of rock song in film history.

Ed Wood

The best Tim Burton film IMO. I got this on DVD for £4 after my old video player finally croked it. Great film, really funny, loads of great characters. Especially the immortal line from Bela Lugosi - "Nobody gives two fucks for Bela!". And who esle could get Sarah Jessica Parker to say "Does my face really look like a horse?"? Yes Sarah, it does!

10/10

Guest Kincardine

I Am Legend 1/10

Completely pointless film with a storyline thinner than my wallet after my wife's asked to borrow a few quid.

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire 5/10

Quite a decent film in itself but too far removed from the book for my liking.

Death Sentance 8/10 Some nice gritty violence. But then it's by the director of the Saw series i think so it should be :)

See I've got that on my lovefilm list, but bit put off by Bacon being in it, I hate that guy...his best film was when he got an arrow through his throat in Friday the 13th.

Please tell me he dies. :)

Night at the golden eagle.

I'd never heard of this before but it was £1 in Tesco so I bought it for the hell of it. It's pretty decent but no masterpiece. Vinnie Jones plays a pimp in a seedy flop house in LA.

6/10

Sell it on Amazon, you'll get most of your money back rather than through it out.

There's deliberately no character development in TDR, as it was all done in House of 1000 Corpses so that Zombie could get straight on with it, and bring in a few horror legends along the way like Danny Trejo, Ken Foree and Matthew McGrory.

The use of Freebird at the end is probably the best use of rock song in film history.

Hmm, better so than the Layla death montage in Goodfellas?

pish song, so aye.

Just saw that Phantasm V is in production with Angus Scrimm, Reggie Bannister and A. Michael Baldwin all cast. :D :D

No Country For Old Men

6/10

Overrated to hell. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it, but a lot of it also seemed pointless. Even moreso at the end of things. However, that's not to say there isn't a lot to like about it. Even though the ending was a bit naff, it was pretty well done considering. Also, the assassin was as heartless a p***k as I've seen on the big screen. So there's good stuff about it, but nothing to get your knickers in a twist over.

I just watched Goodfellas for the first time on Wednesday there, and that was definitely my favourite bit. Fantastic!

Adam's bought the Godfather trilogy for £12 in Tesco today, so we'll be watching them soon.