What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Ocean's Twelve (2004)

7/10

Almost as good as Ocean's Eleven, but loses a mark for the ludicrous cross-over between fiction and reality. The random cameo of Eddie Izzard was unexpected, and worked surprisingly well.

Back to the Future Part III (1990)

6/10

A nice way to finish it all off, although could have lived without the ludicrous time train at the end. Just leaving Doc in 1885 would have prevented any possible Part IV.

Premonition - Memento style time thriller which never really gets going. Neither Sandra Bullock nor Julian McMahon add any depth to their characters, and as is the norm with time travel films, plot holes aplenty. The pace is also quite slow.

Not a great film at all, really. 4/10

Spoiler question:

How does the transported Angier know not to appear when Borden goes downstairs to try to work out the trick? Surely he is already at the other end of the theatre and unaware of what's going on backstage?

The Angier that is transported is the original Angier. So as it is his scheme he will know not to appear. The copy generated remains in place of the transported original and is unaware of what is happening.

The Dark Half (1993)

4/10

Why is there so much variation in quality of Stephen King books that get made into films??? They're can be really good, like 1408 and the Shawshank Redemption, some middle of the road stuff like It, Creepshow, Pet Sematary and the Shining... or really shit like Christine, Carrie, The Green Mile and the Dark Half???

You'd think he could be fairly consistent, even George A. Romero couldn't save this tediously boring little story. *Stick to zombies, please George.*

I can't see me going to the bother of seeing the sequel "Needful Things".

The Dark Half (1993)

4/10

Why is there so much variation in quality of Stephen King books that get made into films??? They're can be really good, like 1408 and the Shawshank Redemption, some middle of the road stuff like It, Creepshow, Pet Sematary and the Shining... or really shit like Christine, Carrie, The Green Mile and the Dark Half???

You'd think he could be fairly consistent, even George A. Romero couldn't save this tediously boring little story. *Stick to zombies, please George.*

I can't see me going to the bother of seeing the sequel "Needful Things".

Stephen King books tend to start out quite well then descend into a lot of nonsense. I did like needful things and the stand though and may have to check out the sequal to needful things. Didn't know there was one, is it called needful things 2 or did they think of some witty title for it?

Edited by uberman

Stephen King books tend to start out quite well then descend into a lot of nonsense. I did like needful things and the stand though and may have to check out the sequal to needful things. Didn't know there was one, is it called needful things 2 or did they think of some witty title for it?

I meant that Needful Things is the sequel to The Dark Half.

I meant that Needful Things is the sequel to The Dark Half.

Except it isn't. The only connection (apart from the fictional town Castle Rock, where many of King's books are based) is that the sheriff appears in both stories.

Except it isn't. The only connection (apart from the fictional town Castle Rock, where many of King's books are based) is that the sheriff appears in both stories.

Of course it is Stuart, you're being overly pedantic. Next you'll be saying that even though the Scorpion King is in the Mummy, that Rocky's solo effort isn't a sequel. :rolleyes:

FFS IT IS A SEQUEL!

Sequels don't need any connection to the original story.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0106664/movieconnections

EDIT: To spell his name properly.

Edited by SaltyTON

The Angier that is transported is the original Angier. So as it is his scheme he will know not to appear. The copy generated remains in place of the transported original and is unaware of what is happening.

I'll have to disagree with you there. Angier does not know if he will be the Man in a Box or the Prestige at all. He pretty much states that at some point in the film iirc when he is talking about the trick to Michael Caines character.

Meet the Spartans 1/10 Absolute rubbush. thank god i never paid to see this

QUOTE (Loki @ Mar 29 2008, 21:54) *

I'll have to disagree with you there. Angier does not know if he will be the Man in a Box or the Prestige at all. He pretty much states that at some point in the film iirc when he is talking about the trick to Michael Caines character.

Yes, the impression I got was that both Angiers were completely identical, so would both believe they were the 'real' one. This area of the plot is a bit of a mess, as Borden is such a master of disguise there is no way Angier would recognise him, so is reliant on hearing the noise made under the stage upon his discovery, in a packed theatre, when it could be any nosy parker that goes backstage on any night. Really enjoyed it though, and I'm sure there is more I missed.

Of course it is Stuart, you're being overly pedantic. Next you'll be saying that even though the Scorpion King is in the Mummy, that Rocky's solo effort isn't a sequel. :rolleyes:

FFS IT IS A SEQUEL!

Sequels don't need any connection to the original story.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0106664/movieconnections

EDIT: To spell his name properly.

The Scorpion King isn't a sequel it is a prequel!

Yes, the impression I got was that both Angiers were completely identical, so would both believe they were the 'real' one. This area of the plot is a bit of a mess, as Borden is such a master of disguise there is no way Angier would recognise him, so is reliant on hearing the noise made under the stage upon his discovery, in a packed theatre, when it could be any nosy parker that goes backstage on any night. Really enjoyed it though, and I'm sure there is more I missed.

There was no need to change that part of the film from the book. It just made the plot seem disjointed. In the book the copy is identical in everyway apart from it is cold and lifeless. The transported man is the original Angier. Angier knows that Borden will come that night as Borden's curiosity was as intense as Angier's curiosity about the original transporting man trick. It is also the first night at a new theatre which lacks in security. Angier sets the whole thing up. He knows what Borden is going to do even before Borden knows.

Next you'll be saying that even though the Scorpion King is in the Mummy, that Rocky's solo effort isn't a sequel.
The Scorpion King isn't a sequel it is a prequel!

:lol::lol:

For someone who watches so many films Salty, you really are fúcking clueless.

Nae offence :P