What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Rocky Balboa (2006)

Not having seen the other five I wasn't expecting much, but it was surprisingly good. Stallone really is the most wooden actor on the face of the Earth, but it seems to work for him here. Little Marie's son looked a bit like our defender Dominic Shimmin which amused me. :lol:

Fun movie, but nowhere near as good as Million Dollar Baby!

8/10

Into The Wild

Directed by Sean Penn, starring Emile Hersch, with a few interesting small part appeareances, this is based on the true story of a college graduate, who wipes out his identity, Christopher McCandless, and becomes Alexander Supertramp, wandering across America...

Must watch film...absolutely tremendous in every way shape and form...I would go as far to say this is now in my top 10 fave films of all time...makes me want to get up and go somewhere...anywhere...spectacular scenery... B)

9/10

Rocky Balboa (2006)

Not having seen the other five I wasn't expecting much, but it was surprisingly good. Stallone really is the most wooden actor on the face of the Earth, but it seems to work for him here. Little Marie's son looked a bit like our defender Dominic Shimmin which amused me. :lol:

Fun movie, but nowhere near as good as Million Dollar Baby!

8/10

I actually thought that Rocky and Rocky Balboa would make a great double bill. If you forget about the comic book sequels in between, then the two movies compliment each other greatly.

I actually had a lump in my throat watching Balboa, which when you think about it, is completely ridiculous, but it was there all the same.

Harold and Kumar escape from guantanamo - 4/10 not a patch on the 1st movie but Neal Patrick Harris (or whatever his name was) was pretty fucking funny in it.

Starship Troopers 3:Maurader - 6/10 Nearly as good as the 1st one and miles better than the 2nd. Good to see all the adverts back in it

Zombie Strippers - 6/10 Stupid movie but pretty funny really, plenty of boobs and gore, total no brainer if ever I have watched one.

Redbelt - 7/10 good film about a man who lives and dies by his principles and the rest be damned. May have to look into Jiu Jitsu as it looks pretty interesting tbh.

Bound - 8/10 The Warchoiskis before Matrix. Good film, great plot and a nice lesbian scene, well above average thriller and Joey Pants was great in it.

The Dark Knight. 10/10 Beileve the hype.

Heath Ledger amazing.

Agree totally, After the terrible Batman Begins i really enjoyed this, Heath Ledger is the best joker, nevermind Jack Nicholson. There was action and a wee bit of comedy in parts but it was fantastic, got me on the edge of my seat. No doubt i will go and see it again as it was that good :D

10/10

Martin (1977)

An early George A. Romero film (year before Dawn of the Dead) about Martin who goes about raping women and drinking their blood.

It's really a load of crap, like a cross between a bad Exorcist and a bad Vampire film.

This is sitting at 7.2 on IMDb which really makes me wonder what the f**k anyone who rated it saw in this! It's extremely boring with no characters that you give a f**k about and is getting a bonus mark for the insane old guy that is "Nosferatu"'s cousin!

For a film combining George A Romero and Tom Savini it's just fucking awful!

2/10

Die Hard 4.0

The 4th and quite definitely the best of the Die Hard films. I haven't seen special effects this good since....well, ever! It was a brilliant romp, which never tries to be anything it isn't. That means the plot is about as thick as a dehydrated After Eight, but nobody should expect an in-depth plotline from this kind of film.

Willis has all the snarling menace of John McClane, grizzled and older, and he delivers the classic cynical lines with consumate ease.

I would watch this film again in a week, which tells me it's the best action film I've seen for years.

I fucking love this film!

9/10

Saw the new batman movie. Have to say I was completely underwhelmed. At least 45 minutes too long, and Heath Ledger is barely in it. If he hadn't topped himself it would be just another performance by a third string actor. Do yourselves a favour and just watch Batman Begins again. I am beginning to think Christopher Nolan had two flukes with Momento and Insomnia. 4/10

Saw the new batman movie. Have to say I was completely underwhelmed. At least 45 minutes too long, and Heath Ledger is barely in it. If he hadn't topped himself it would be just another performance by a third string actor. Do yourselves a favour and just watch Batman Begins again. I am beginning to think Christopher Nolan had two flukes with Momento and Insomnia. 4/10

Jim in slating populist choice shocker ;)

I thought it was fucking superb. There will be no more Joker until the franchise gets another revamp. I can't see anyone topping that version of the character. Ledger was quite stunning and well worth an oscar shout. Much like the shark in Jaws, if we had had more of Ledger's Joker it may have diluted the impact he made. Every time we see him we know something is going to happen.

The Rachel character is still duff (can't fault Maggie Gyllenhaal for what she did with what she got to work with) although an improvement from Katie Holmes blank faced effort.

Who'd have thought millions of people would be flocking to see a movie that touches on subjects such as function creep and the like.

EDIT: May I add it's great to see a quality actor like Aaron Eckhart finally get a starring role he has deserved for a good few years now. The movie was as much about him as it was Batman

and with foresight I'm sure the producers regret killing him off now rather than The Joker

9/10 - I reserve the right to improve this mark on a second viewing (it was that good).

Edited by Thundermonkey

EDIT: May I add it's great to see a quality actor like Aaron Eckhart finally get a starring role he has deserved for a good few years now. The movie was as much about him as it was Batman

and with foresight I'm sure the producers regret killing him off now rather than The Joker

Agreed, I thought his was probably the best performance in it.

I don't know much about the various comic takes on Batman, but it struck me as surprising that the Two Face character only lasted such a short time - I'd have assumed that in the comics he became a regular nemesis of Batman. Is this the case, or was the film consistent with the comic?

9/10 - I reserve the right to improve this mark on a second viewing (it was that good).

It was never actually made clear that he was dead. Also the director made a comment in the run up to the movie being released that was slating the Spiderman movie for introducing an iconic character in Venom, and then killing it off 15 mins later. I think we'll be seeing more of Harvey Dent in the next one

Agreed, I thought his was probably the best performance in it.

I don't know much about the various comic takes on Batman, but it struck me as surprising that the Two Face character only lasted such a short time - I'd have assumed that in the comics he became a regular nemesis of Batman. Is this the case, or was the film consistent with the comic?

Regular nemesis - and one that Batman tries to rehabilitate given the character's noble origins

Guest Up and win!

Seen the Dark Knight twice now and i have to say that the first time i went in and purposely tried not to get sucked in by the hype about Ledgers performance, but he is totally brilliant!

Re Two-Face -

one of the producers of TDN has said that it is kind of ambigious whether or not he could still be alive.

In other words -

'In view of Ledger's death thank god that, although we showed Two-Face to be dead, we didn't actually say "He's dead". Phew! For a second there we were going to have to bring back The Riddler'

I could see a return for Catwoman if there is a 3rd movie, given Rachel's demise and the fact they would be foolish to recast that particular Joker.

I could see a return for Catwoman if there is a 3rd movie, given Rachel's demise and the fact they would be foolish to recast that particular Joker.

Wasn't there a line when he's getting his suit redone to say it was resistant to cats? I am sure the internet is awash with chat that this was a reference to Catwoman. Hmmm.

Maybe we'll get Robin in the next one as well.

Wasn't there a line when he's getting his suit redone to say it was resistant to cats? I am sure the internet is awash with chat that this was a reference to Catwoman. Hmmm.

Maybe we'll get Robin in the next one as well.

Yes, Lucius Fox says that his new suit should do pretty well against cats.

Other rumours include: David Tennant to appear as The Riddler.

EDIT: We better not get Robin, Clooney and O'Donnell did enough camping it to nearly spoil the whole franchise.

Edited by Gaz

Enough spoiler rubbish.

I can't see myself enjoying a Batman movie with Robin in it or one with David Tennent as The Riddler.

Both characters seem like they would not sit well in the Batworld Nolan has constructed. I could see a Catwoman, I could see a Penguin, I could see a Poison Ivy, even the return of Scarecrow as a secondary villain. The Riddler died a death with Jim Carrey I think.

Enough spoiler rubbish.

I can't see myself enjoying a Batman movie with Robin in it or one with David Tennent as The Riddler.

Both characters seem like they would not sit well in the Batworld Nolan has constructed. I could see a Catwoman, I could see a Penguin, I could see a Poison Ivy, even the return of Scarecrow as a secondary villain. The Riddler died a death with Jim Carrey I think.

From reading some stuff on wiki (it's been a productive morning!) they appear to be ruling out the Penguin and Catwoman, because they want to go for villains not already depicted recently and because they're not "real" enough.

I dunno, anyway I hope any more they do are as good as the Dark Knight.