What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Life of Brian ( 1979 )

This has aged not very well at all. It's not without it's moments of course, but it is in generally a very old looking movie. The good moments probably outweigh the bad though. The stoning is hilarious.

6/10

Just you go and sit in the corner and think about what you've done. :angry:

Italian For Beginners

One of the Dogme 95 films and the best one of those in my opinion. Watched it again for the first time in years and it's still brilliant. Very simple story based around a bunch of people that are not perfect but all likeable in their own way.

9/10

Lost Boys: The Tribe (2008) (V)

Watchable, however extremely predictable and filled with plot holes.

Kiefer Sutherland replaced by his brother and Corey Feldman doesn't get any older. Hopefully the third film will be better, and back to the first ones standards.

5/10

The Hangover.

not very funny ,

the jokes have been done a 100 times before and been done much better.

shocked to see this movie is currently in the top 250 movies of all time on imdb.

1/10

Body of Lies.

Surprisingly very good action packed movie without going into overkill.

With Leonardo Decaprio and Russel Crowe it's a good movie from start to end.

7/10

Cant agree thought it was very disappointing expected a lot more from it.

4/10

Cursed

Story is that they completed this film and weren't happy with it so reshot the whole thing. And it's still shit. Clearly couldn't decide what exactly they wanted to do with it regards the humour/horror so it ends up as a nothing.

2/10

South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut

Ended up watching last night out of Boredum, and you realise how childish the movie actually is. Canadians being depicted as fart-joke lovers, and Saddam being satans Bumboy?

Good storyline, But the fart-jokes and sexual references become tedious after a while.

7/10

Watch it again and you might begin to see that it's actually an incredibly clever satire.

Saw Star Trek last night - not a Trekkie at all, not watched a single television episode or film, but this was very good indeed. Nice introduction to all the characters the layman doesn't know, but knows of, with some lovely set-pieces inbetween.

8/10 - an unexpected hit!

It looks terrible. OMG THERE'S A TIGER IN THE ROOM, I must have been so drunk last night lolz.

Surely the creators of Dude, Where's My Car? should take a wee look at that film and maybe ask for a slice of the proceeds? The premise looks very similar.

I'll probably go to see that film, but I'll be expecting some Germanic lads to pop up looking for a time continuum transfunctioner halfway through.

The Truman Show (1998)

For the first 45 minutes, I was hating this film, I couldn't see any reason to like or care about Truman Burbank at all.

However, after he figures out was is going on, it becomes engrossing for some reason and you start to care about what happens to him. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and guess the first 45 minutes were just to set the whole repetitive loop thing in motion, and that's why it was so tedious.

8/10

The Truman Show (1998)

For the first 45 minutes, I was hating this film, I couldn't see any reason to like or care about Truman Burbank at all.

However, after he figures out was is going on, it becomes engrossing for some reason and you start to care about what happens to him. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and guess the first 45 minutes were just to set the whole repetitive loop thing in motion, and that's why it was so tedious.

8/10

An excellent film.

Proves to me that Jim Carrey is at his best when providing a more reigned-in performance, and isn't given carte-blanche to be an over the top gurning fool as evidenced in awful films like Bruce Almighty and Ace Ventura