What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Robin Hood (2010)

Argh saccharin overload, you won't get diabetes watching it, but the cancer will f**k you!

Taking aside the historical bullshit, and Catholic cremations aside... why the f**k when they were fighting the French at Dover did they sit beside a white horse, 200 miles West of Dover when they had come from fucking Yorkshire!

Why does he sound Irish, then Scouse, then back to Irish, before settling on something not far from his normal voice. They wouldn't have spoken modern English anyway, so bother trying to do a modern accent?

The film in itself was watchable, but would have got a better mark if at the end the all started doing the Maid Marion and her Merry Men song!

Same mark as his fellow saccharin enduced vomit-fest Gladiator, 6/10, because it was funny....

Edited by SaltyTON

Needful Things - Eventually got round to watching this after having read the book years ago. I thought it was a pretty good movie. Never boring and always kept my attention despite knowing the story 6.5/10

Just joined LoveFilm

First effort was Ghost Town - 2/10

What a bag of shite. Only spared a 1/10 for one or two good lines from Mr Gervais.

Our second offering from Love Film

Marley & Me - 0.5/10

This is the last time that my Mrs picks the viewing list as it was the most turgid film we have both ever seen.

The Disappearance of Alice Creed

Extremely low budget British kidnap thriller with a cast of three. Some interesting twists and reasonable ideas though some of it seems to push the credibility too far. It views more like a play since almost all of the action takes place in one location.

The strongest thing about it is the acting of Eddie Marsan but that's no surprise as he's a brilliant actor.

Fans of Gemma Arterton may be interested to know that she is entirely naked within about ten minutes.

6/10

The Thing - 7.5/10

I had seen bits of this before, but finally watched the whole thing. Genuinely unsettling for the most part, and very creepy. Could not get over the effects, they are terrific.

Falling Down - 7/10

William Foster is a brilliant character. Just a (seemingly) normal man who snaps one day and aims to put right the things in society that annoy him. Michael Douglas makes the character believable. We then hear about the nastier side of him from his mother, and see a couple of home videos he watches in which he is aggressive towards his wife and baby daughter.

My favourite part? "Take some shooting lessons, asshole."

Robin Hood (2010)

Argh saccharin overload, you won't get diabetes watching it, but the cancer will f**k you!

Taking aside the historical bullshit, and Catholic cremations aside... why the f**k when they were fighting the French at Dover did they sit beside a white horse, 200 miles West of Dover when they had come from fucking Yorkshire!

IIRC they mentioned in the film that the invasion was somewhere near Southampton.

RocknRolla 76%

This was far and away better than i expected this to be. Fair enough, i wasnt suprised that like ritchie's other two gangster films(lock stock, and the snatch). He had a few different stories going on which all come to together and ended dramatically with them all linked together. Also seems to have an obsession with them all being in a london cockney area.

I thought that the step-son was underused in the film, because if he was the main rocknrolla, shouldnt the story revolve a bit more around him?

That said it did have it's moments, and therer are plenty of laughs to be had (The chase from ex-militant russians was class).

The Imaginarium Of Dr Parnassus

Terry Gilliam's latest. Christopher Plummer stars as a down on his luck travelling circus owner who sells his daughter in a pact with the devil (Tom Waits in his first leading role since Ironweed). Famously, insufferably cliched but talented luvvie Heath Ledger offed himself during the making of the film, leading to a re-write in which Johnny Depp and any number of similarly jaw-lined actors play Ledger's character. There's a case to be made that leading actors all look the same, as unless you are paying attention you don't really see the joins. Of course I watching on the back of an aeroplane seat, but still, it was a seemless link.

If you have ever read Everything Is Illuminated, you'll recognise the intertwining of a contemporary world an a mythological abstract universe. Gilliam has done this to great effect here, and although it is a bit convoluted at times, there are plenty of laughs to keep you interested. I'm a huge Gilliam fan, and I think this is up there with his finest work. And the cast is quite brilliant, despite the slightly annoying moon faced girl who plays the female lead.

So, how good is [REC] then?

It's good.

The second one is in US cinemas on Friday, but apparently it came out in Spain last year. Can't be too long untill there's torrents or something.

Four Lions - 9/10

Great, great film. Amaziing that you can watch a comedy about suicide bombers and actually find most of them to be endearing characters.

"f**k mini Babybells man". laugh.gif

It's good.

The second one is in US cinemas on Friday, but apparently it came out in Spain last year. Can't be too long untill there's torrents or something.

Spanish DVD rip with English subtitles is up on piratebay already...

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5389720/Rec.2.2009.SPANiSH.DVDRiP.XViD-XPERT___ENG_SUBTITLES

Ragin Bull 85%

I'd never seen this before. De Niro stole the show as la motta as a boxer who used brute strength to win his fights and equally his brutal personality outside of the ring. His continuious paranoia towards his wife and loyal brother cheating on him, and eventually pushing them away from his life. I thought the usuage of the black and white was brilliantly used for the boxing scenes. The The only flaw was that he didnt bring me towards having any sympathy towards his life. It was all his own fault for his downfall.

No Tomorrow (1999)

Gary Busey and Pam Grier together with no name Gary Daniels put together a watchable wee action film. Also director, producer and actor Master P puts in a stereotypically black gangster performance.

Watchable, but ridiculous at times. For example, when Master P (no relation of Baby P) starts using the rocket launcher, he must have fired it over a dozen times without reloading!

Fun, but nothing special.

5/10

The Return 3/10

Sarah Michelle Geller investigates some visions she's been having since she was a child, a gash film

SMG + lead role in horror film = :thumbsdown :thumbsdown

I still shudder at the thought of The Grudge 2. The first remake wasn't bad, but the sequel was just horrific!

Taken 3/10.

Liam Neeson is an ex CIA agent who's daughter gets kidnapped in Paris. He tracks down the guys within 96 hours. A pile of pish. Utter drivel of a script and pish poor acting but the violence gives it a 3, particularly when he drives the nails into a guy's knees to electicute/torture him.

Don't watch it if you've got half a brain because you will keep asking questions which don't have answers.