TNA General

Austin Aries lost the X-Division title to Seiya Sanada at the TNA & Wrestle 1 show in Japan over the weekend, now looks like Sanada will join the company for an extended run in the US starting at Lockdown where he will team with his mentor Keiji Mutoh and another new TNA signing Tigre Uno against Bad Influence and Chris Sabin

I caught most of the Impact that aired on Sunday. The Wolves are the new tag champs, although they never won the belts on TV. It was at a house show in America I think. TNA house shows draw anything from 300 to 1000 usually. So instead of having them win on Impact in the UK in front of one of the biggest crowds they'll have all year and in front of one of the largest viewing audiences they'll have all year, they had it happen in front of a few hundred fans.

Laughable.

I caught most of the Impact that aired on Sunday. The Wolves are the new tag champs, although they never won the belts on TV. It was at a house show in America I think. TNA house shows draw anything from 300 to 1000 usually. So instead of having them win on Impact in the UK in front of one of the biggest crowds they'll have all year and in front of one of the largest viewing audiences they'll have all year, they had it happen in front of a few hundred fans.

Laughable.

The Wolves are no longer champions, the Bromans won the titles back at Outbreak, the thought is that TNA at the moment don't want to take the belts off of the Bromans as they believe they are performing well with them so the plan was to give the Wolves the short run simply so they could have a title change for the Japanese audience.

Bobby Lashley?! Aye cos here's a guy folk give a f**k about.

Also why is it only Ken Anderson who cares that there's a sex offender in the company?

Edited by DA Baracus

Bobby Lashley?! Aye cos here's a guy folk give a f**k about.

Also why is it only Ken Anderson who cares that there's a sex offender in the company?

"People in glass house" springs to mind...(not you, the TNA roster :))

you can imagine them all sitting back stage, trying not to look anyone in the eye, giving it the im not getting involved in this angle incase anyone starts digging...

Willow is fucking terrible. Everything about it is awful. It's like someone desperately trying to show how 'keraaazay!' or 'wacky' they are. The entrance is shit, the music is shit, the stupid effects are shit. Even in the ring it's shit as it's just Jeff Hardy wrestling in his usual Jeff Hardy gear, including a Jeff Hardy T-shirt, but with a mask on.

Bully Ray seemed to turn fully. He's now a face. A rivalry between him and Roode should be decent.

• 4 weeks later...

I read a spoiler on what happened last night, remarkably similar to a current WWE story...

I just read said spoiler (something I almost never do, which shows what apathy I have for TNA just now).

Magnus was shit as champion anyway. And EY is quality. But titles, never mind the main one, should never just change hands like that. And I can see what you mean about it being remarkably similar to a current WWE story

I just read said spoiler (something I almost never do, which shows what apathy I have for TNA just now).

Magnus was shit as champion anyway. And EY is quality. But titles, never mind the main one, should never just change hands like that. And I can see what you mean about it being remarkably similar to a current WWE story

A bearded man has a feud with his masked former friend and then goes on to defy the odds to become the champion? Never seen that before...

I decided to watch bits of Impact last night due to the previously noted spoiler. In terms of EY winning the title, it totally smacked of Bryan's win right down to the shoulder injury. TNA have made another classic WCW error in this title switch in that they've just gone for a short term pop over long term planning. Anyway, some thoughts;

- The two most over guys on that episode of Impact that aired last night were Daniel Bryan and Ultimate Warrior

- Magnus got almost zero reaction. The reactions (or lack of) woud be worrying for an undercard guy but for the TNA champ are unacceptable. I will say it's not totally his fault, which brings me on to my next point

- The crowd at the Impact Zone are fucking terrible. It must be one of the worst crowds in all of wrestling

- The product is utterly stale. With such a thin roster it's just the same guys over and over in feuds that have run before

- The title change will mean f**k all in the long run

- Willow is abysmal and should be retired ASAP