Walking Down The Halbeath Road

When you play the big favourites in a division you need a couple of things to go for you - good performances from key men, bit of luck with injuries etc. and a bit of fortune with decisions.

Both our keepers should have done better with the goals and Jakubiak takes a poor touch when he had robbed the defender.

O'Halloran going off probably changed the way we played and we looked a bit all over the place for the first 10 minutes after that.

Thought the United boys bullied the ref a bit in the first half (could have booked a few for dissent) and Goodwin has created a team in his image (see also: Declan Gallacher snarling like a rabid dog when the ref had already booked McCann) and I'm obviously biased but don't see how that wasn't a penalty for Gallacher pushing McCann at 1-0.

Good to get Todd back on the park (Ritchie-Hosler too, although he didn't get as much of the ball as Todd did) so hopefully the run of home games coming up sees a decent return of points. Performances like tonight will help.

14 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Declan Gallacher snarling like a rabid dog

That was pretty funny when you have played for Scotland and rebuilt yourself after some time inside and then go absolutely heads gone at a young pars player.

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Anyone have any idea what's up with Summers?

Not a clue, it's very odd. 

Inverness next week, they've had an incredible run since Ferguson came in, a win would be massive for us, likewise a loss leaves you at losing 5 of the past 6. 

2 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Inverness next week, they've had an incredible run since Ferguson came in, a win would be massive for us, likewise a loss leaves you at losing 5 of the past 6. 

Aye, worried it's bad news if nothing is being said, although wouldn't be surprised to see him in the squad next week!

Shame Inverness changed manager as they were absolutely stinking up there when we played them. Still, should be looking for a win here.

17 hours ago, HoBNob said:

What a way to live your life. If we win that'll be 5 losses out of the last 7? 

20 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

What point are you trying to make here? 

This league is tough. Week to week anyone can pretty much beat anyone, regardless of form. It really is one game at a time so why focus on games lost at the start of September when we're halfway through November?

2 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

This league is tough. Week to week anyone can pretty much beat anyone, regardless of form. It really is one game at a time so why focus on games lost at the start of September when we're halfway through November?

... Because while you take it one game at a time the table does care about games in September? 

2 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

... Because while you take it one game at a time the table does care about games in September? 

What an odd outlook. I can't get my head around it. Do you think Raith fans are still upset that they lost to Airdrie in September?

20 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

What an odd outlook. I can't get my head around it. Do you think Raith fans are still upset that they lost to Airdrie in September?

Maybe not, but they certainly wouldn’t be as buzzing as they currently are over beating Queen’s Park if they were sitting in 7th

Edited by parsforlife

1 hour ago, da_no_1 said:

You can't get your head around looking at the team you supports form? I genuinely don't get what you're struggling with here. Do you have the same wonderment when you see tables and apps having "form" sections? Going on Flashscores and just baffled why there's a table at all when the only game that matters is the most recent one? 

Just to be clear, I'm not talking about specific games which is what you've done there, I'm talking about our form as a whole. I don't see why you've taken any issue with that. 

1 hour ago, Cardle is Magic said:

You’re a very odd fellow at times.

Thanks. You know nothing about me but cheers.

2 hours ago, HoBNob said:

You can't get your head around looking at the team you supports form? I genuinely don't get what you're struggling with here. Do you have the same wonderment when you see tables and apps having "form" sections? Going on Flashscores and just baffled why there's a table at all when the only game that matters is the most recent one? 

Just to be clear, I'm not talking about specific games which is what you've done there, I'm talking about our form as a whole. I don't see why you've taken any issue with that. 

I just don't see the point. Even when we're on a good run I don't think there's any guarantees we'll win any game. Ever

4 hours ago, VinnyPar said:

How dare we discuss Dunfermline's poor form on a Dunfermline thread.

Apart from United and Raith, how is every other team doing form wise?

I don't think the manager will be focusing on games we played in September either.

Knock yourselves out if you want tho.