Walking Down The Halbeath Road

10 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Fans who chuck items at players/officials are utter scum..

I have to agree. I stood in the NW as a laddie, and the only thing I flung on the park was verbal abuse to the opposing team. My dad and older brother told me to applaud any opposing players that came over to gloat after scoring, then get back to the verbals when the game kicked off again. 

20 minutes ago, Wacky said:

The fans seem to be at home in that section, but I have to say that when they were in the top corner of the Norrie they sounded far better. The two end stands are like an amphitheater, and the sound carries across the stadium far better  IMO. 

Aye, when they were getting shifted around the stadium I stood up the back of section E and it does sound far better, the sound just simply resonates better. 

I think there’s an element of rebels without a cause to it.  Which is why the statements etc don’t work and even when they are pulled up by adults at games it doesn’t stop them, they’re doing it because they know they shouldn’t.

Individual bans are the only fair way to do it I think but I think that’s easier said than done when the section is overcrowded and definitely doesn’t have anyone where there season ticket says they should be.

3 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

Correct & there's absolutely no excuse for chucking stuff on the park....but if players run up to that kind of section & try to wind up the fans in it, in this day & age, it can't come as that much of a surprise when some wee fannies think it's acceptable to throw vapes/lighters/coins/pies at them.

Not sure what the answer is. The folk who chuck stuff on the pitch think they are genuinely untouchable & above the law. Until they get caught, they'll continue to think this & if the club get fined they won't care. If the section gets shut, they won't care (they'll just move)

3 hours ago, Wacky said:

I’m new to P&B so could be wrong here, but I’ve never seen anything on other club threads about home fans throwing things on the park. Is this just an EEP problem? 

There was a really weird phenomenon at Starks about a month ago where at the end of games, younger fans who can't be older than 12 to 15 started doing pitch invasions at the end of games. It started out as a couple, and ended up with about twenty or so. By the time of the final one, you had the other fans and players calling them everything under the sun while they looked back at the stand with shocked looks about their faces.

I think it's quite easy for people to dismiss self policing among supports. Once it gets called out, other people tend to get quick to call it out too. The same thing happened in the first league game at East End with ourselves in the away end- some younger lads (late teens) started singing about Norrie and immediately you had people telling them to shut the f**k up. Nobody was brawling, they just stood about looking shocked they got called out.

Players are well within their rights to give it back to fans who are dishing it out. I'm going into 'Abe Simpson vs Clouds' territory here but it's only a matter of time before your club gets hammered over it when some wee gimp decides to lob a coin at a player. If you can't handle someone shithousing you back, you're taking things far too serious and need a wee time out. 

The layout of East End will definitely be a factor given the north west/east stand is one right along the wing so there's more room for shenanigans. 

5 hours ago, Wacky said:

It’s a difficult one. It would appear every plan has its flaws. 
You’re probably right about the terms and conditions of ticketing too. 
Self policing would be a great idea if it would work. That Alloa game where one big burly Pars fan tried to stop the youngster (and I’m serious when I say the laddie looked between 10-12 years old) from throwing a pyro onto the pitch and was totally ignored. If I was closer I would have put my tuppence worth in too, but the lad stepped to the side and flung it regardless, then ran off with his pals. There was other adults far closer than me to this, and they stood mute. 
You can’t grab and hold these lads in any way for fear of being arrested yourself, and things could get far worse if you put up chase. 
l wish I had the answers to stop the madness, and stop the possibility of the NW being closed, l but sadly I have to tap out here

Similar problems at Starks but in our case the stuff thrown by the wee neds tends to hit our own fans, the stewards just stand there and look on, I suspect partly because they are powerless to actually lay hands on anyone and that will apply especially to minors. Only way I see around it is to have a couple of cops who do have these powers and if they are brave/stupid enough to do something like that in front of them then out ye go.

I was totally against the club closing the NW back in the day for folk standing up but I’d have no issue with them threatening it for folk throwing stuff onto the pitch.

Anyone doing that is a complete brainless c**t and should be banned for a year minimum. Do it again and it’s a lifetime ban.

The NW guys make absolutely zero effort to self police so if they have been told then it’s been utterly ignored.

4 hours ago, Heaton said:

It's simple. ID anyone and ban them. Make an example and get them cautioned by the police with parents present. Most this is young bravado bollocks. 

I hate blanket lazy punish everyone approaches. Single out those culprits and deal with them

I honestly have no idea how much police time is available for this, they seem absolutely stretched on more severe crimes and I think there ability to investigate, find and caution 12 year olds for throwing things is severely limited, even if the club did the first part for them is very small.

Wee guy who threw stuff on Friday was getting huckled as I left, would have hoped by now the message would have got through that folk are being chucked out and banned for their ridiculous behaviour.

10 hours ago, 101 said:

Wee guy who threw stuff on Friday was getting huckled as I left, would have hoped by now the message would have got through that folk are being chucked out and banned for their ridiculous behaviour.

This would only work if it’s the same stewards working the same areas every game. I now sit in the main stand (I was sick of my prawn sandwiches getting knocked out my hand) and I rarely see the same stewards time and again. Unless they actually get a banning order and have to report to the police station before the start and finish of a game, then the laddie will find a way back in. 

23 minutes ago, Wacky said:

This would only work if it’s the same stewards working the same areas every game. I now sit in the main stand (I was sick of my prawn sandwiches getting knocked out my hand) and I rarely see the same stewards time and again. Unless they actually get a banning order and have to report to the police station before the start and finish of a game, then the laddie will find a way back in. 

Well it's all ST so they will just get their card voided and won't get back in unless they borrow their friends

9 minutes ago, 101 said:

Well it's all ST so they will just get their card voided and won't get back in unless they borrow their friends

I’m not sure they’re all ST’s? I’m positive I read that there was still a few spaces for walk up fans? 
but that would be the best solution to keeping the numpty element out, and not making an entire stand suffer for acts of childish bawbaggery 

4 hours ago, Wacky said:

I’m not sure they’re all ST’s? I’m positive I read that there was still a few spaces for walk up fans? 
but that would be the best solution to keeping the numpty element out, and not making an entire stand suffer for acts of childish bawbaggery 

Nah, you could buy a season ticket for the remaining seat but everyone in that stand will have a season ticket.

It's a shame in the sense it's locked sensible folk like @parsboi out. But does make it easier to police and obviously now if you are chucked out for something stupid like chucking stuff then you have wasted the cash you have stumped up for a season ticket and come the half season the club can resell your seat, hopefully to a non dafty.

19 hours ago, 101 said:

Nah, you could buy a season ticket for the remaining seat but everyone in that stand will have a season ticket.

It's a shame in the sense it's locked sensible folk like @parsboi out. But does make it easier to police and obviously now if you are chucked out for something stupid like chucking stuff then you have wasted the cash you have stumped up for a season ticket and come the half season the club can resell your seat, hopefully to a non dafty.

Cheers bud, I’m maybe no that sensible. 😂. Club are paying the price now tho, my seats right next to the directors area…. 🗣️

Back to the NW, I’m presuming each incidence of stuff being thrown or pyro has been detailed and the offender punished - removal and season ticket voided.   Perhaps the club should outline already how many have been caught as a deterrent to others?  I’ve not seen anything official around numbers.  If they have been unable to identify then surely next step is to improve camera coverage, although I’d find it hard to believe with the amount of filming going on and cameras available that this is the case.

Been a lot of positive from this section over the last few years, but there is a need now to get it under control.