Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Can't understand how anyone can wish the death of another club on anyone except an OF fan.

What makes Old Firm fans inherently different from the fans of serial cheats like Dundee?

As DaF said earlier, it's sheer hypocrisy to see the crocodile tears being prepared for one set of cheats, while the same chippy diddy team fans lapped up the demise of Rangers. Both clubs are horribly run entities that deserve to be removed from Scottish football.

What makes Old Firm fans inherently different from the fans of serial cheats like Dundee?

As DaF said earlier, it's sheer hypocrisy to see the crocodile tears being prepared for one set of cheats, while the same chippy diddy team fans lapped up the demise of Rangers. Both clubs are horribly run entities that deserve to be removed from Scottish football.

I'm sorry, for a second there I thought you compared Dunfermline to those vile bigots from Govan???

You just getting jealous of the attention the other seeker is getting and want a slice of the pie?

A large percentage of OF fans are bigots, whilst the rest are firmly believe that we (Scottish Football) could not survive without them. I'd still have sympathy for the average fan that supported either of the two, but they seem to be a minority.

A large percentage of OF fans are bigots

Which makes them different from Dundee fans, how exactly?

Regardless, the fact that a fanbase has certain 'elements' within it is neither here nor there. This is about 'sporting integrity'. Sporting integrity demands that massive cheats are flushed out of the game.

What ought to happen is that DAFC go bust, taking down all the crooks who ran it, the fans then set up a new sustainable club to enter the lowest level of their regional non-league setup. No Newco waltzing back in, no cheating of the creditors through a CVA. A clean break and a chance for one of the deserving non-leagues to get their turn in the national setup.

Edited by vikingTON

gav back fi swiss shuffling the tin,wee reprieve imo,but its only papering over the cracks,jesus its over min :(

I think this is Gavin Masterton has returned from Switzerland to shuffle cash tins, a small bit of time will be bought but the end result will still be the same and they ate just delaying the inevitable?

Edited by Gaz FFC

Regardless, the fact that a fanbase has certain 'elements' within it is neither here nor there. This is about 'sporting integrity'. Sporting integrity demands that massive cheats are flushed out of the game.

What ought to happen is that DAFC go bust, taking down all the crooks who ran it, the fans then set up a new sustainable club to enter the lowest level of their regional non-league setup. No Newco waltzing back in, no cheating of the creditors through a CVA. A clean break and a chance for one of the deserving non-leagues to get their turn in the national setup.

Good lord. I actually agree with something you've said.

To be fair, the amount of utter drivel you sprout something was bound to actually make sense eventually.

Away to hang myself.

The majority of Dundee fans are not bigots, and I'm certainly not going over old ground such as the 'Derry' in this thread as it's been done to death already and you're just wanting me to bite.

I agree with much of the rest of your post though, I just find it sad that a club with over 100 years of history, with thousands upon thousands of fans over the years cease to exist because one or two people are greedy, selfish b*****ds. If Douglas Rae were to croak it, and Morton were to re-enter financial difficulty, I certainly wouldn't have my dancing shoes out and ready to celebrate their death even if the club deserved to be closed due to financial incompetence. The people at boardroom level don't represent the fans, and it's the fans that are the lifeblood of a club, they don't deserve to have their club taken away from them through no fault of their own.

If the SFA want to do anything to help football clubs they will draw up rules banning people like Masterton, Romanov, Whyte and Murray from ever setting foot in a football club boardroom again.

Given the way that mob never learn from their mistakes about the league setup, I fully expect them to do nothing about this either.

Anyone think the SFA is fit to run football in this country?

Edited by Gaz FFC

Your club cheated for years as well. Avoiding the Taylor Report and spending the cash on players in order to try and cheat your way to promotion - then stealing tax payers cash to save your club and build your stadium.

Hope you enjoy rotting in the First Division! :lol:

Could you expand on the stealing bit, coz that's a doozy. Keep it up, this is some good stuff. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Could you expand on the stealing bit, coz that's a doozy. Keep it up, this is some good stuff. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The whole thing is littered with gold.

How many times did we win the 1st division when we were avoiding borrowing millions to build an oversized ground?

How did we rob the good good people of Falkirk?

How is what we did in not building a ground cheating but SPL clubs borrowing millions from the bank and not paying it back is ok?

Edited by Gaz FFC

If Douglas Rae were to croak it, and Morton were to re-enter financial difficulty, I certainly wouldn't have my dancing shoes out and ready to celebrate their death even if the club deserved to be closed due to financial incompetence. The people at boardroom level don't represent the fans, and it's the fans that are the lifeblood of a club, they don't deserve to have their club taken away from them through no fault of their own.

The fans can start a better club through their own power of organisation. If it happens to Morton again then I don't think I'd have any interest in supporting administration as the better option of the two. Unless it were to entail an immediate punting into the Juniors, which would be fair on the rest of the game.

Back in 1999/00, on the old First Division forum, I made numerous posts pointing out that Dunfermline's spending was unsubstainable. I was abused by virtually every single Dunfermline fan on the forum. Not a single Dunfermline fan agreed with me.

For a number of seasons after that I have continued to point out that Dunfermline's overspending was unsubstainable and would come back to bite them. I asked why no Dunfermline fans were questioning their board.

Virtually every single reply from a Dunfermline fan was abusive. Not a single Dunfermline fan has ever agreed with me. Not only was I abused - I was also told I was jealous, Dunfermline were a big club, etc.

I therefore have no sympathy for Dunfermline whatsoever. Their supporters deserve everything they get. They are no better than Rangers fans. They lapped up the "glory", buried their heads in the sand to what was really going on and abused anyone who dared point out the reality.

I read comments from the hopeless Paul Gallacher today asking why the SFA & SFL have sat back and done nothing. He is totally correct. I hope the SFA take Dunfermline to task and fine them heavily for not paying their tax. After all, as the panel said about Rangers - what Dunfermline have done is almost as bad as match fixing.

Dunfermline RIP - good riddance to bad rubbish.

My dancing shoes are ready and I will gleefully dance all over your rotten grave! :lol:

Whilst i know and feel for many pars fans in all this. Its hard to argue with you Cap.

They do call us the wee team right enough. Oor baws only took us to a million in debt!